Compress audio to make sound volumes more even
Audio Compressor is an addon that uses dynamic range compression to make sound volumes more even. There are presets for different levels of compression. You can customize the default settings or the settings for a specific site or page. There are some sites it doesn't work with, cross-origin browser security blocks scripts from modifying audio/video from a different host. As far as I know there's no way around this. This works by using the Web Audio API to get the audio context for a page, and inserting a DynamicsCompressorNode.
- (2021-09-12) Naman Arusia: This is Exactly what I am looking for! It's a shame I had to dig this up in chrome store, and it doesn't show up in Google search's result (tried tens of different combination of key words). Plus this is site agnostic, so work with other video streaming sites too, other than Youtube.
- (2021-09-09) Simón Chasnovsky: 10/10 only extension that gets this niche job done quick and easy, and with a fair amount of customization. Tends to break other sound control extensions (sound fixer and volume master in my case) but I barely even need those with this one on.
- (2021-09-05) Brian Ion: If you're looking for an audio compressor that gives as good of an experience as Twitch's FFZ compressor, you're in the right place. If you simply just want to be able to hear the videos and audio you listen to better, and customize exactly how in a simple manner, you're in the right place. Does its job perfectly, only extension that does this. Excellent
- (2021-08-26) Jared Thomas: Works great with YouTube! That's all I wanted. It would be great to add compression visualisation to give users inexperienced with audio compression some visual feedback on what is happening to the audio as they tweak the settings. Also a slider to mix-in the original, uncompressed signal would be great. Also some extras, like a second instance of the compressor on a duplicate track would be awesome, as well as de-esser and a master limiter for the ultimate audio dynamics control for Chrome :).
- (2021-08-23) Albert Chen: Firstly, thank you so much! I've have been looking for this for so long. Thank you for making this because I lack the technical knowledge to do so. This is a game changer!
- (2021-06-20) S: This is something that I needed for a long time, Really good for bad audio level content. Some features I would have liked are a gain reduction meter and a bipolar output gain (boost). Also a transfer curve line would be dope. Anyway this is really usefull!
- (2021-05-27) Trish: Thank you!
- (2021-03-29) Shaller10: не работает!!! полностью выключает звук!
- (2021-03-11) Klaus-Dieter Fischer: It just works. :-) For all users - Do a full reload of the page you are listening to or even better restart the browser after installing this plugin. I use the "high" preset and it "irons out" pretty much all volume changes in a very pleasent manner. Very good for speech audio. Thank you Sir/Miss Developer.
- (2020-12-14) Louis Vanderhaeghen: Thanks a lot! Really great. You can boost the audio but it would be perfect if there was a way to reduce the output volume, too.
- (2020-11-29) dlr5668: Pretty good. I use it for a twitch streams
- (2020-11-05) Jeemin Kim: Really like it! Thanks for developing this You can fully enjoy this extension if you have a bit of knowledge about DynamicsCompressor Here's a reference that you can look up for it https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/DynamicsCompressorNode