This extension highlights “ten blue link”-type search results over infoboxes and other content. Works with Bing and Google.
Remember when search results provided "ten blue links" that sent you to the right place, rather than having to wade through a plethora of sponsored results and info boxes first? We do, too. So we turned back the clock. Simple Search doesn’t modify the search page, it just adds a new view on top, showing just those “traditional” search results provided by the search engine. If you’d rather see the other results, too, you can easily close the window. This extension is compatible with Bing and Google search engines. Something not working? We want to know! Send us an email at [email protected]
- (2021-01-06) Steve Ryan: This does nothing. Using Google search in Chrome the results look the same as always, with the "where to buy" and other blocks of stuff this is supposed to remove. I restarted the browser and checked that the extension was enabled with no effect. If there's some magic extra step to get this working, it should be prominently explained in the store or upon installation.
- (2020-12-28) Manny Gonzalez: Doesn't work... and yes, you can call me stupid. I imagined it would just work... it doesn't. EDGE browser, nothing happens when I search...
- (2020-11-13) Markus Koe: wow great! But please add an option that the simple results appear not only as a popup, but as the default search result page!
- (2020-11-12) Wade G: I was hoping this would just replace the search results with simplified, ad-free results. Instead I have a stupid popup overtop of the results with the "simplified" results ALSO. New muscle memory now needed to now look at the "new and improved" results. Reminding me what a great service it is to be getting simplified results, is not "Simple", it cluttered. Uninstalled.
- (2020-11-12) Adam m: Cleans up Googles bloated results of ads and related products. The next MUST-HAVE extension for all users.
- (2020-11-12) Jeffrey Norden: Fantastic! IMHO, it's been quite a few years since google has added anything actually innovative or useful to any of their products. It's wonderful to return basic google search to it's "halcyon days." I wonder what else along these lines might be possible. Near the top of my list would be printing from chrome - with it's foolish "window on top" interface and the need to open "more settings" every time you use it. (This might be difficult to do from an extension, though.)
- (2020-11-10) Todd Anderson: I didn't realize how much junk had snuck into the top of my search results over the past 10 years. I'm used to mindlessly scrolling past it, but this extension makes it so I don't have to and really highlights the way ads and google products gum up search. If you're like me and search is part of how you think, this helps you think faster! (and with fewer ads)