Prevents tabs from closing unexpectedly. Using dialog 'Are you sure?'
This extension prevents unexpected tabs closing in browser. Browser will ask 'Are you sure?' before leaving the page or closing the tab. Forget about losing data in case of accidental browser closing. It will work on all pages in any tabs or on some specific URLs that you may specify in the Extension UI. You may Turn ON / Turn OFF it easily using Enable / Disable Button. And it's absolutely safe. Source code is OpenSource. Video Example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z94MbSk5zt6HdXDB9YgKLnAK9efxVldg/view URL Regex Examples. - Example #1. Ask on all websites: ".*" - Example #2. Ask only on specific website, for example google.com: ".*google.com.*" More info about Regex: https://regexr.com
- (2021-12-24) Philip Buonomo: Seems to work fine once I clicked on Enable and typed in the URL to lock. Not exactly intuitive but it does exactly what I want so thanks for making it available!
- (2021-09-30) Andrej Adamenko: Did not work for me
- (2021-07-15) David Wadham: Either this extension doesn't work at all, or its UI is so unintuitive that I don't know how to use it. It's unclear whether the regex is required, or if a blank regex is as good as '.*'. It's also unclear whether the extension has accepted, or is acting upon, the input expression. The 'save' button is gray, implying that there are unmet conditions for entering the expression, and when you click it, the value entered doesn't go anywhere. Whether enabling with no expression, entering an expression of '.*', or writing an expression to explicity match a certain URL, the extension has not warned me before closing the tab.
- (2021-06-25) William Murderface: It works(only one way to do it in chrome - simulate unsaved data). Better assign an unique site or URL part to avoid ask on all tabs. I use one of my pinned tabs for that.
- (2021-05-07) Max Lai: Not working at all
- (2021-04-12) Zack Ross: This doesn't really help as i need to go manually look each tab? also didn't work at all
- (2020-11-08) Steven Knock: Minimalist, configurable & lightweight.
- (2021-06-14, v:0.0.2) Fluxuate: How do I specify more than one URL
commas doesn't seem to work