Translate manga from Japanese, Korean, and Chinese to English.
✔️ Works on EVERY manga site with the "translation panel" tool ✔️ Highest quality text detection ✔️ Highest quality manga translation and manga OCR ✔️ Works on Android phones with Kiwi Browser The #1 automatic manga translator
- (2022-08-07) Mairon31: Could you add support for the Spanish language? It would be the best thing in the world, there are many extensions similar to this one but none with support for another language... Please do it!
- (2022-08-01) Akiko Capalla: For the most part, it's functional and the strawberry logos are adorable- but the extension causes the performance to lag as shown with the task manager I pulled up. If you're using this to read pixiv manga like me, then just know that expanding the manga sometimes doesn't translate AT ALL. For instance, it has to say "see all" and not "expand" or whatnot. Don't buy the premium if you're using older laptops. Some of the translations are confusing or don't make sense? I can usually understand what the translation MIGHT be trying to say because of the pictures, but it's not 100% accurate. Basically, the longer the text the more confusing the translation will be. All in all, this tool is a good start to use especially if you want to read raw manga that isn't available in other languages. At best, it's helped me understand a lot of the manga dialogue and proved to be enjoyable. At worst, it's laggy and some of the translations are baffling.
- (2022-08-01) 夜色祢: Hope can choose to translate into Chinese
- (2022-07-10) Avin Li: Install then to raw manga then nothing and force to use panel button every row then feed hamster. In other words free to install but around the corner Mugger san shows up that's every corner.
- (2022-07-02) Velan Sonar: superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- (2022-07-01) Sleeping Demon: my country doesn't allow paypal😭
- (2022-07-01) Firdaus Adinegoro: Best manga translator extension
- (2022-06-14) TeTKiK: Güzel bir uzantı. Fakat her ne kadar güzel olsa da bir bölüm çevirdikten sonra sizden giriş yapıp satın almanızı istiyor. Bir bölüm çevirip böyle yapması üzdü.
- (2022-05-15) Obi U: I love this. I wish it had multiple translations from different translation sources, like a toggle of sorts, just in case the translation isn't up to an understanding level for a particular moment or text bubble. If it can translate the SFX, it would be a godly app.
- (2022-05-14) Vovia Le Duxx: holy goachamole, this works!!! this actually works! Tried it on naver and it's amazing, thanks for the app
- (2022-05-07) YU ZU: it doesn't seem to work on local pdfs. can you make it work?
- (2022-05-05) Sobon George: This is not free, and there is no mention before installing. But this is the best manga translator I've use.
- (2022-04-01) Lele Bro: Best translator ever
- (2022-03-29) Blue Wing: its really good but i would have liked i more if it was free instead of saying feed the hamsters every time i try to use it
- (2022-03-26) Sky Shiv: Never regret buy the subscription..i have been searching this until now thanks
- (2022-03-24) Reily: i hear good things about it but idk how to use it after i drag it over the panels
- (2022-03-19) Who Was: Absolutely amazed at the accuracy! I compared it side by side with the English translation of a manga that is originally in Japanese and not only did the Ichigo Reader translation tool very comprehensible, but it was virtually indifferent from the standard English translation done by a manga translator. Of course it isn't perfect, but It's most definitely better than most of the manga translation extensions I've came across!
- (2022-03-16) Bev. H: Very good customer support, produce good quality translations and works very well for my needs (i.e. translating mainly Korean and Japanese) :D
- (2022-03-16) Martin: It just works, and it works well. Subscribed. For those wanting to read manga in a different language locally just download Local Image Viewer, its a chrome extenstion and then you'll be able to scroll local images just click on an image you have locally and you can paginate through. I set background color to black and caching on Local Image Viewer, and then Ichigo takes care of the translations. Nice! Would be perfect once the ability to actually 'Save all' images with translation comes out. That's the next killer feature.
- (2022-03-11) Dean Lee: Is there a way to use this extension to translate the scans I have in my PC? I have my own scanned jpgs, and I would love to use this product to translate the jpgs I have in my local drive. I tried opening an image on chrome, but the app won't translate.
- (2022-03-08) Tohbuu: NGL I tried to read a certain manga that doesn't have any english translation yet i found this one to be absolutely amazing, it really change the text, and it translates very well, ITS AMAZING I LOVE IT TYVM and also for the developer
- (2022-03-01) lynx: It's so-so. Bit slow. Sometimes it doesn't work. I delete it and use it again.
- (2022-02-25) monica monsebais: Thank you so much for creating this amazing extension. I love it!
- (2022-02-07) Octavio Contreras: I love the extension, it works great, I only have two doubts and I hope you can answer me, one, how many trial translations do you give per new account? Two, if I want to pay for a month, do I only pay for one month and after that month the service is automatically cancelled or do I continue to pay regularly?
- (2022-02-01) MarcusTechnoGeek: 20 pages only? Seriously? 20 pages are extremely less to judge whether the extension is doing a good job or not for a real money purchase.. Previously this limit used to be higher at 50 but they silently reduced it. Im highly sceptical to buy this with my hard earned money based on a few pages of translation. I'll pass until the limit is increased to something decent like 30-ish and i get to try it out a fair bit.
- (2022-01-27) James Hou: I'm really delighted with this extension. It works a lot better than anything I've used before.
- (2022-01-15) daun biru: I'm planning on buying the subscription but I don't know whether this extension is still operating or not, I am afraid if when I already brought the subscription it'd said that I cannot use this.
- (2022-01-04) K Krolik: Not working, always showing upgrade/ Pay. They are free working alternatives.
- (2021-12-15) demetrie hunt: Good stuff, much better then anity or manga translator, but i didn't know you had to make an account to use it if you bought it so i left confused for a while, but still its a great app.
- (2021-12-14) Andhika Moeliono: i am extremly happy finding this extension, this so much better than the other extension translator found in chrome. the translation much more easy to understand. hopefully it can reach the level of deepL translator level someday. Overall for now worth my money
- (2021-11-30) Siam Nrs: useless
- (2021-11-28) Francis Pritchard: Great App!
- (2021-11-19) Dege: This extension really saved my life thx you i am going to be premium user after NNN lmao
- (2021-10-11) Luna is best pony: This is a great translator. the only problem I have is that some translation bubbles cover up other bubbles.
- (2021-10-04) jacob skaria: This is the best manga translator app in chrome. I dont have enough money to purchase the premium right now. But after a few years I will definitely buy the annual membership.
- (2021-09-28) Philip C.: It is worth the subscription! This is really the best translation software that you can find for reading manga. It can translate nearly any of the panels it comes across. I found that the software has an easier time translating text that are inside bubbles or boxes than text that is outside of it. It can also have a hard time translating text that is colored. With some more improvements it can easily be five stars. Thanks to the dev and I hope they can provide more updates in the future!
- (2021-08-27) Hazybliss: Very accurate but unfortunately, as I was going back in the manga I was reading it thought I was going past as the chapter's I could read before I had to pay. Got to use it for 2 seconds but it has good potential..
- (2021-08-18) Wendy's 5Head: you know why
- (2021-07-09) Jes De Mauro: I gave three stars because I thought it was for free. The developers really nailed the translation and I like it because it was easy to understand unlike other translator app. But anyway, even if this isn't free, I enjoyed few chapters of a manga using this app. If I am someone who is bless with wealth, I would love to upgrade my subscription to premium.
- (2021-06-14) Miguel vera: you could improve the quality of Korean translation
- (2021-05-30) Liam: I absolutely loved this extension. It's the only extension that provides a proper sentence after translation (that I found so far). While I understand that it costs lots of money to run, I feel like most people wouldn't spend money on a hobby or (like me) are a minor and can't afford to pay. Otherwise, this is the best translator on the web store.
- (2021-05-19) Alberto Repetto: Pretty good extension. It does what it says. The translation process is usually pretty accurate, or at least understandable and coherent for what I can see. I like a lot the options regarding the kanji, it is very neat to learn something new. It has still some problems in finding and reading some colored texts different than black, but it's not the worst at this. Beware reading for long, because it tends to slow the browser quite a bit. 4/5 Pretty good IF you want to purchase the subscription and don't mind slow downs.
- (2021-05-15) asher: It would be free, but except it, it was uper cool! I am suprised that it actually worked. I work in a scans group and we had japanese translator problem, but now I can take care of it.
- (2021-05-04) Etchison Dobbs Blair: This is state-of-the-art! It will worth every penny you spend.
- (2021-04-26) Monique Parker: very great, love using it. Works only at specific page sizes so it could be improved but I love it, paid for it, and hope it continues to improve!!
- (2021-04-13) Steve Dickerson: Honestly, I couldn't even try it. I tried registering with 2 different emails but it just kept popping up that "translations cost money" window. So I couldn't even see if it was good or not. Sorry for 2 stars, but I'm not going to pay for something without at least trying it first...did that with windows ME and regretted it ever since lol
- (2021-03-31) Ariel Magalso: at first its okay, that why i purchase the subscription. But after few days using it, it loads really slow same in scrolling the pages and cant even translate the 60- 80% of the bubble manhwa i read. and there's word translate repeating every page. lastly when im using the extension sometimes i need to login even i already login on it. And it takes sometime to translate the chapter not like the free trial that translate fast.
- (2021-03-29) Emily Castro: It is for sure one of the best out there, however that doesn't mean it's really good. I praised it for being able to make the translations understandable and for it doing a good job at finding manga bubbles. However, it hardly works on Japanese, does not recognize text if it's TOO large or Too small. After purchasing an upgraded subscription the text recognition only got worse. It only detected about 40-60% of the bubbles on a pages sometimes less. The translation 'I woke up in the hospital' kept appearing all over every page and website, no matter the language and would often cover the actual translated panels. After reaching out twice (via email) to the support email provided and hearing back neither time, I unsubscribed. It is obsessively expensive and after the initial translations, it is not worth that amount for the translations, lack of support, and slowness of web pages you get.
- (2021-03-06) Myyou Tubeaccount: This is easily the best manga panel translator I've seen, and I've been through quite a few, mostly a bunch of OCR image readers. But this is not only an Optical Character Recognition machine - it specifically hones in on manga panels and translates them to the best it can within seconds! Granted, about a quarter of the time the English translations read a little weirdly, but I can usually get the gist or phrase it differently in my head. This is a fantastic extension! If it was like, $30 cheaper, I'd think I'd buy a yearly subscription for it. Honestly, dude, if you spoke to another web developer, extension/app developer or someone, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out with this project!
- (2021-02-21) Dannish To: I love this extension. It translate far better than any another extension, but some page it doesn't fully translate, some text doesn't translate, I don't know if because color, font of text that it doesn't recognize. Truly love this extension, worth the upgrade.
- (2022-08-12, v:0.0.28) Eling Pramuatmaja: Other Languages Support
Will this extension support language other than JP, KR, and CN? It's a bit unusual indeed, but I found some translated manga into a language like Spanish and I suspect that the translation will be better from that to English. Thanks!
- (2022-08-05, v:0.0.27) yuta: Translation feature
It was mentioned that free allows you to translate fourty pages but for me it was only one page and on the second it says "feed the server hamsters". I would most likely upgrade after knowing if it even works for me but without it working, I won't pay money for it.
- (2022-07-31, v:0.0.26) Tony Bologna: Save All
How does save all feature work? Is it only available on certain sites or am I using it incorrectly? Every site I've tried it only downloads 1 panel, the last translated panel. Doesn't seem to remember any past panels previous to that. Thanks for any help with this.
- (2022-07-29, v:0.0.25) Aidan Finnegan: Save Feature
How does the save feature work? Seems to only save one image at a time for me, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
- (2022-07-28, v:0.0.25) Erik Lanning: ⚠️ Server problems 7/27/22
Hey y'all, a server died today which caused sporadic issues. It has been decomissioned, and new servers are being added. Very sorry for this inconvenience.
- (2022-07-13, v:0.0.24) venom batch: payment problem
I don't have paypal, can I pay by bank transfer?
- (2022-07-09, v:0.0.24) Amar Kshetrapal: Free vs Paid
At present I have the free tier, but I can't find anywhere where it lists the difference between free and paid. It says if upgrade I can have unlimited translations, but it doesn't say how many I have under free. I'd appreciate if you could let me know.
- (2022-07-06, v:0.0.24) jake: unsubscribe
i would like to unsubscribe from the service as i cant afford it at the moment and im not sure how, thanks
- (2022-06-07, v:0.0.24) Y B: Weird popup & doesn't translate
I keep getting "set site access to on all site, or ichigo reader can't translate" -- I do have it selected, yet it stalls. Any suggestions?
- (2022-06-07, v:0.0.24) Y B: Bomtoon
Hi there, this does not seem to work on Bomtoon. Is there a fix? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
- (2022-06-03, v:0.0.24) Kirisaki Rin: monthly payment
hi do you have discord group ? how should i contact you ? i have some question about monthly payment
- (2022-05-27, v:0.0.24) Mai O: not working on cmoa
hello! i cannot get this to work on cmoa but it works for my friend. It works on Lezhin and Ridibooks. thanks https://www.cmoa.jp/
- (2022-05-14, v:0.0.23) Erik Lanning: OCR Upgrades
Upgrades are mostly done. There should be marked improvement, but a few servers still need to be upgraded. That will be done later this month.
- (2022-05-09, v:0.0.23) Ashtaka: Is it possible to host it myself?
I don't have enough money to pay for this every month. And so i was wondering if i could get the current version, since you said you are upgrading the engine. If you reply with just a NO it is fine.
- (2022-05-09, v:0.0.23) Erik Lanning: OCR upgrades
I am currently upgrading the OCR engine across the servers. There may be some turbulence the next few hours. Thanks for your patience.
- (2022-05-01, v:0.0.23) Bev. H: repeating phrase over and over
When I used this on manga, within an individual text bubble on a page, the english translation will repeat over and over (it looks like this it looks like this it looks like this it looks like this). I am not sure whats going on and causing this, but its really annoying haha. Help!
- (2022-04-30, v:0.0.23) monica monsebais: Translated phrase repeats in text bubble
I've noticed that the same phrase gets translated over and over and over in the text bubble. I've tried uninstalling the extension and re installing the extension but the problem persists. Is there a fix for this?
- (2022-04-28, v:0.0.23) Walmir Fabres: reactvate the plan
hello i have a small plobrem here, how can i reactvate the plan that i subscribed in the paypal, because i unintentionally disabled the plan in paypal
- (2022-04-21, v:0.0.23) Aaron Larsh: not finishing translate
This used to be very fast but now it seems to get stuck on ever page, just endlessly spinning and never actually translating.
- (2022-04-19, v:0.0.23) lynx: err
i forgot to cancel the membership and got charged for a month mail's icebasilisk gmail i'll probably use the service again but not on monthly basis is it possible to get a refund?
- (2022-04-17, v:0.0.23) Dean Lee: Poor Text Recognition in PC
Ichigo Reader on chrome extension fails to recognize texts in colored pages and even for greyscale pages that don't use toners. Oddly, the mobile Ichigo Reader recognize texts very well for any type of manga pages. Can you please look into this issue? Thank you.
- (2022-04-06, v:0.0.23) Faruk: IOS
Is there aany way to use this extension on IOS?P?>
- (2022-03-24, v:0.0.23) ramen 3: should i use it on a computor or phone
- (2022-03-16, v:0.0.21) Bev. H: Issues loading translation
Hello! I have been using this translator on Lezhin without issue until today... for some reason it wont upload the translations (even if I use the panel). Also, I have never been able to get it to work properly on Boomtoon and its is wishy-washy for Ridibooks. Whats going on? (I do pay for a membership)
- (2022-03-11, v:0.0.20) Dean Lee: Local Manga Images
Is there a way to use this extension to translate the scans I have in my PC? I have my own scanned jpgs, and I would love to use this product to translate the jpgs I have in my local drive. I tried opening an image on chrome, but the app won't translate.
- (2022-02-09, v:0.0.19) Fabrizio Feitosa: Portuguese?
Hi! I would like to know if it would be possible to translate to Portuguese.
- (2022-01-21, v:0.0.19) Grayson ': Billing Cycle
I forgot to turn off the yearly billing and got charged for this year. Is there any way to get a refund?
- (2022-01-10, v:0.0.19) Mao Lebron: subscribe/upgrade
stupid question but where can i make a subscription/upgrade?
- (2022-01-01, v:0.0.19) tr ue: Getting Pro without Credit card?
Is there a way to get Pro without using a credit card? Paypal for example?
- (2021-12-31, v:0.0.18) Mohamad Khairul Nizam: Can't login
So right now, I can't even login to my account after refreshing so I need to wait until the maintenance I suppose ?
- (2021-12-31, v:0.0.18) Mohamad Khairul Nizam: Is the server have any problem right now >
It won't translate just now. My email is [email protected]
- (2021-12-30, v:0.0.18) Vlad98: I have subscribed , but have an issue "queued"
i just subscribed and have an endlessly issue queued . In extension it say that i am "Supporter Tier" . Mail wich i use [email protected]
- (2021-12-24, v:0.0.17) Erik Lanning: Server Maintenance
Ichigo Reader may be down for a couple seconds to a couple minutes today (12/23/2021) while I add more infrastructure. After this is done, translations will be faster and more users will be supported. Thanks for your patience.
- (2021-12-19, v:0.0.16) NHG amer: I have subscribed but get message saying feed the hamster
I have already paid the monthly fee and have been charged for it but I only free free tier and feed the hamster message. help
- (2021-12-18, v:0.0.16) Muhammad Naufal: payment method
Hi, is payment access available for southeast asia region?
- (2021-11-27, v:0.0.11) Andrea Villa: Forgotten password
I love this extension, but I forgot my password and now I do not know how to check or reset it. What can i do?
- (2021-11-25, v:0.0.11) Patryk Leśniak: free trial
does the free uses ever reset? (for example monthly) or i have only 20 uses and then i have to buy the premium version?
- (2021-11-25, v:0.0.11) Sumguy: Translations Not Working
The translations aren't working anymore even when I download them. All it does is say queued.
- (2021-11-13, v:0.0.9) Erik Lanning: Schedule Downtime
Greetings, I will be shipping IchigoReader 2.0. This includes a bunch of improvements to every single part of the app. However, this will require 1 to 2 hours of downtime. This will all take place in a few hours from now 11/12/2021 5:40 PM PST
- (2021-11-06, v:0.0.9) Robert Swajzsowzki: Payment
Please add more payment method for subscription
- (2021-10-27, v:0.0.9) Erik Lanning: Looking for Beta Testers
Greetings friends. I am looking for more beta testers for the next big release of Ichigo Reader. The beta has many upcoming improvements to text bubble detection, translations, and speed. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested.
- (2021-10-13, v:0.0.9) Erik Lanning: Status update
OVH, the server host for Ichigo Reader, is currently experiencing difficulties. Ichigo Reader should be back up when they resolve their issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- (2021-10-13, v:0.0.9) Luna is best pony: Translation
Have you considered using finding a way to use deepl for translation?
- (2021-08-24, v:0.0.9) ??????: Need help resetting password
I have an issue with my password manager and can't log in, need help.
- (2021-08-17, v:0.0.9) Jason Assana: It's only a minor nitpick, but...
Ichigo Reader seems to work like a charm in nearly every manga site... except for Pixiv. How so?
- (2021-08-16, v:0.0.9) Tren Maximus: Is your application in mantainence right now ?
I can't login today. A yellow notification stated that server is down for temporary maintenance or experiencing issues. Is that the cause for the issue ?
- (2021-07-24, v:0.0.9) Peter Nguyen: I paid for the subscription and canceled to prevent future charges
I paid for the subscription and canceled to prevent future charges, now it has reverted to back to free tier and I cannot use the service anymore. My account is [email protected]
- (2021-07-05, v:0.0.9) SenpaiHvH: where can I change my password
I made a password but it seems I have forgotten it.
- (2021-07-05, v:0.0.9) Przemysław Janik: Canceled subscription just after payment
My payment for premium tier on gumroad went through. I canceled my subscription right after paying, beacuse i wanted to avoid future monthly charges. I didnt see the information about canceling = losing premium. yet, i paid 11$ and have a receipt. is it possible to either activate my premium again or refund the money? It was done today i paid under email [email protected]
- (2021-04-15, v:0.0.8) Grayson ': Translation Issue
When translating from "he" it comes out as "she" and the other way around too. This seems to be the case with other words such as "I" "me" "her" "him" etc. Not that big a deal, but it would be nice to have it fixed in the future.