Get the Friends Who Listen widget on Last.fm back
The new Last.fm doesn't have many features it had before. This extension brings the old “Friends who listen to XY” widget on Last.fm back. Github repo: https://github.com/xxdavid/lastfm-friends-who-listen
- (2019-10-12) Alex: Update please, now it doesn't work!((
- (2019-08-06) För Efterman: doesn't work anymore
- (2019-07-23) alyssa medina: worked perfectly until it disappeared as the website got updated, please bring it back :((
- (2019-06-15) Franz Kafka: Well.. It's not working anymore :/ It was such a good extension. bye..
- (2019-01-16) Cornel Diaconu: In this new layout of last.fm and/or database (they are still under deployment, and at the moment when I write this, seems that only subscribers see the changes), this plugin did not work anymore. Is it related to some changes in the last.fm API ?
- (2018-11-24) Phil James: This works perfectly for me. Gives me back some of the social feeling of old last.fm
- (2017-06-25) JC NS: Increible!!!
- (2017-02-16) JP Meldrum: really awesome extension however i think it may be not working anymore
- (2017-02-14) Gustavo Montoya: Es demasiado útil y totalmente necesaria (hasta que los de last vuelvan a poner algún día esta característica)
- (2017-01-23) Milovan Filipovic: The extension is solid, but it contains many bugs that need a fix. Sometimes it takes forever to load and it takes too much internet speed. Fix this if you can.
- (2016-12-01) PAUL DEAD: Одно из самых полезных расширений для ласт.фм на данный момент.
- (2016-08-20) Alex: I think the latest last.fm update must have broken it, but great extension when it's working.
- (2016-08-19) Florian Wittner: Love it in general but hasn't been working these past days. Any ideas?
- (2016-08-19) Maciej Szulia: crashes sometimes
- (2016-07-26) Lan Pham: it's saving a social side of the new last.fm.
- (2016-07-22) max max: Started to crash whole chrome lately.
- (2016-06-17) David Magner: So many things we lost with the last.fm BETA update. Thank you for creating this in order to bring back a little bit of what they took away.
- (2016-05-04) Mehran Attar: It was working perfect for me until a couple of days ago. Now chrome hangs whenever I open last.fm so I had to disable it. Has this happened to anyone else?
- (2016-04-27) Alan Loyola: Excelente extensión, se extrañaba esta característica. Ojalá la implementen de manera oficial en la nueva versión de Last. Gracias!
- (2016-04-27) Donkey Rhubarb: Расширение действительно работает!!! и оно возвращает нам одну из старых-добрых-полезных возможностей кои умники-разработчики решили почистить,предоставив нам новую урезанную и ухудшенную версию некогда так нами любимого сайта...
- (2016-03-06) Bertrand Beaumont: Merci, en espérant que Last.fm commence à réagir...
- (2016-03-02) James Joul: Fantastic. Thanks!
- (2016-02-24) Malachi: Super :)
- (2016-02-22) Lost Gems: Perfect.
- (2016-01-22) Tim S.: Great someone took action to fill the gap. I missed this so much..
- (2019-06-20, v:1.1.4) Adam Cutler: Extension not working
Hi I just installed Friends Who Listen for the first time, and it's not working. First the icon correctly appeared on the page, but it didn't actually show any of my friends. And now nothing appears on the screen at all. I'm really interested in this extension and it sucks that it's not working.
- (2018-05-12, v:1.1.4) Last.fm went into HTTPS
browser writes "Insecure content is blocked". Each time I should now click "download unsafe scripts". Please, fix it.
- (2017-11-03, v:1.1.4) Benjámin Kolláth: Makes Last.fm load terribly slow for me.
I don't know why, i haven't had any issues with this extension up until a few days ago, but then Last.fm started to load really slowly, at first i thought because of the ads, but actually when i disabled this extension, last.fm loaded without any problems.
- (2017-04-28, v:1.1.4) Blob Blobson: Broken.
It seems last.fm added there own similar feature but it seems to have broken the extension.
- (2017-02-15, v:1.1.2) Marek Stępień: Last.fm went into HTTPS
Hello. Last.fm went from HTTP into HTTPS today what means this extensions should be updated, so please, update this one, it's very dear thing to me. https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/-friend-listening-to-extension-disappeared?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=18422378#reply_18422378 <- here is topic for this problem.
- (2016-10-06, v:1.1.2) Milovan Filipovic: Full of bugs
When I try to toggle "friends who listen now for the last 24 hours" it freezes the page and crash it. I had a case where the page starts to loads very slow and get a notification from Google chrome how I must kill it to prevent slow loading of the page that I'm visiting. Are there any chances to this bug gets fixed? It's working fine, for now, but that doesn't mean it won't start all over again.
- (2016-09-02, v:1.1.2) David Magner: A note of thanks
This is not a Question/Suggestion/Problem (the only 3 options given) but a thank you. You listened and corrected the problem and given us all back one of the more useful tools in connecting with our friends and their music. I, for one, appreciate your work and that you personally care about making this available to all of us. So yah, thank you David. PS: it won't let me post this unless i pick one of the 3 options so I'm going with a Suggestion. Lol!!
- (2016-08-17, v:1.1.1) James Joul: Stopped working 
Hey David. I'm having some trouble with the extension, along with a lot of other people including my friends. It suddenly happened after the latest update from Last.fm on the 16th. The extension no longer loads a list of my friends and just shows "Loading, please wait..." I've reinstalled, flushed the cache, fiddled with the settings, turned all of my other extensions off, reinstalled Chrome. All of which had no effect. Do you have any idea what's wrong? I share new music with friends every day and your program is something I can't live without! I really hope it can be fixed somehow. Thanks.
- (2016-08-17, v:1.1.1) David Magner: Stopped working 
I have had this installed for quite some time now and it's always worked perfectly, until today. I noticed that none of my friends listened to an artist and thought it odd although he has a rather low following (compared to others) so I tried an group I know I share with many of my friends and it still stayed blank. I've followed the suggestions given in other such cases (flushing the cache, reinstalling, etc) but the extension is still not working. I love this feature and hate to loose it!! :(
- (2016-08-09, v:1.1.1) Mack White: Stopped working
It was working for the first couple weeks I installed it a little over a month ago, then whenever I would go to an artist's page on Last.fm it would stop me from scrolling and I would have to close the browser. Then, all of a sudden, it has stopped working entirely, the icon is the disabled faded grey all the time.