Removes those Taboola adverts - THE BANE OF MY LIFE!!
I created this extension because I was fed up with great sites going down the gutter because they added those annoying click-bait adverts. This extension is simple (but awesome), it removes those annoying Taboola adverts. Thanks for the support everyone. Please help spread the word so that one day, Taboola will be no more! Also, if you notice my awesome extension failing to exterminate the enemy on a web page then please let me know so that I can upgrade my extension's weaponry. Update History: 1.5 (02 October 2015) === I've improved the targeting of Taboola areas. In some cases it was removing the entire page. 1.4 (01 October 2015) === Removes multiple Taboola advert areas, instead of just the first one it finds. No idea why I didn't do this from the start! Intersects and blocks all traffic to the Taboola servers. The added benefit of this is that it will increase your page load speed. 1.3 === Removes AdSpace as well 1.2 === Bug fixes 1.2 === Bug fixes 1.1 === Release
- (2021-07-30) Haykal: i mean, if u already use some adblock extensions or somethin, taboola is basically gone because it's ads too, but hey, at the end of the day, it's still useful and it's better than to see some clickbait stupid ads.
- (2021-03-20) Vinoth: Finally! I found something that helps me to get rid of these taboola ads.
- (2020-10-05) Paul Inglis: Anything that blocks clickbait get a massive thumbs up in my book!
- (2020-09-16) Matthew Walsh: I generally don't rate anything and especially since this was last updated in 2015 I had my doubts but as there are few things I detest more than the infinite scroll garbage that are Taboola ads I decided to try it. It works, its that simple and worth an install.
- (2020-07-26) Andre Jedyn: best chrome extension ever!!
- (2020-07-16) Em _: Taboola is POS that is misinformative, annoying and helps no one except those who want to make money. Thank you for creating this!
- (2020-07-09) George Forth: Blocks Google as well
- (2020-06-30) Román Berloso Olivares: Thanks !! This is great !! I needed since many years !! Works perfectly. Removes easily the Taboola garbage !!
- (2020-03-19) Darwin Palacios: Taboola advertises within the real press headlines, that is not done, that's why goodbye taboola
- (2020-03-11) Ce Zhang: Thank you very much, I am saved!
- (2020-03-01) Sandeep Ganguly: does what it says and is my fav extension of all. i visit this site ndtv.com site often they got tons and tons of taboola stuff about donating to this cause and that suffering, earning from home and you may like this and that. this one catches them all and boom, clean fast browsing. totally and absoultely love it.
- (2020-02-04) Austin Baptiste: Worked when I first got it. Now appears to no longer work. Bummer.
- (2019-11-06) Kenan Dogan: A l'air de bien fonctionner, très pratique donc. Taboola, Outbrain et autres sont des fléaux modernes...
- (2019-11-03) Roland Oh: This ... is ... AMAZING! Works like a charm!
- (2019-09-18) urko linaza: perfect
- (2019-09-09) marin goleminov: Jon, this extension is highly appreciated. It remains a mystery how garbage like Taboola could become a thing on earth, but as long as I don't see it I'm good.
- (2019-08-30) Jenz Tom: dude you are a hair saver. i can now stop pulling on my hair in anguish whenever i open a website with taboola ads on it!
- (2019-08-22) Nguyen Henry: I love your extension almost as much as I hate those Taboola ads. I hope those Taboola founder/worker one day realize what kind of cancer they gave to the internet
- (2019-08-20) Jô Miyagui: Funciona. It work.
- (2019-07-25) Alejandro G. Barroso: IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much!
- (2019-05-29) Liran Barsisa: It works, but it works in too many ways too. If I search on Google for "Taboola" or on any other website, I get it completely blocked. I can't search for it...
- (2019-05-25) Charlie Evatt: This is great. An immediate sense of relief. However Google searching for the word 'Taboola' was blocked by the extension.
- (2019-04-20) Patrick H: Works great as of 4/20/2019!
- (2019-04-03) Rony Domingos: Works fine here.
- (2019-03-28) John Tierney: Not working on MSN now it just stopped so i guess its over
- (2019-03-23) Nery Brugnoni: Keep it going man!
- (2019-03-21) Cassy Edgerton: You have improved the quality of my life. Thank you.
- (2019-03-07) Don Chavez: https://www.pch.com needs to be added
- (2019-01-11) René Tan: I LOVE IT
- (2019-01-10) Vinu Shankar Ganesun: Does what it says. Thanks for saving us from great annoyance called taboola
- (2018-10-30) J Dawg 25o: It's pretty good at getting rid of those ads. However, there's one thing that it does wrong... I bought this computer used, and it had this extension pre-installed. I noticed it, and decided to "google" (DuckDuckGo) "define Taboola". I thought that the school wifi was blocking my search engine, but nope! Turns out this extension does not let you use search engines if Taboola is in the search line. I tried this on Youtube and got the same result. Regardless, I haven't gotten any Taboola ads so it works on that front.
- (2018-10-03) Adam O'Connell: Gets rid of those annoying Taboola ads like promised. Works fine on Wikipedia for me, admittedly it does block you from googling 'Taboola', but why would you want to? The main reason I remove a star is that there is no 'off' option so they only way to turn it off is to remove and then re-add again. I haven't found a reason to do so yet, but the lack of a choice is annoying and very surprising.
- (2018-09-01) Patrick M: I don't really hate it at all - I'm sure it was great at one time (hasn't been updated since 2015) -- it just no longer works. But thanks for blocking toxic garbage for as long as it lasted. :)
- (2018-08-31) Nick DeCaprio: As of Augist 29, this Taboola blocking extension has stopped working. Taboola ads are back to appearing.
- (2018-06-04) Severin Reifler: It Works, best chrome addon ever. And I like the options :)
- (2018-05-21) Nick McMahan: Taboola is an absolute stain on the internet. This provides some much needed bleach. Thanks much.
- (2018-05-20) Desirie: So quick to install and it does exactly what it says. Removes those awful Taboola click-bait adds at the bottom of every webpage. Taboola is awful because it likes to disguise itself as a news article, but they are just awful advertisements. Thank you for making this extension!
- (2021-02-21, v:1.5) Jean R.: Publicités plus bloquées depuis quelques jours.
Jean (Belgium) Ne bloque plus les publicités sur les sites tels que 7sur7.be Que puis-je faire ? Merci....
- (2020-08-11, v:1.5) iliketacos: Needs updated
A lot of websites I have gone to are bypassing this filter and I was wondering if you could update it to work on all websites again please.
- (2019-07-11, v:1.5) Andy Baker: Seems to block articles about "taboola" too!
This was blocked: https://themargins.substack.com/p/taboola-outbrain-and-the-chum-supply Surely you only need to match the hostname, not the path?
- (2019-01-30, v:1.5) Luspire: Reddit
Looks like Taboola ads are now showing on Reddit and a few other sites.
- (2018-08-19, v:1.5) Zachary Smith: Sporttingnews
its not workinging on sportingnews website
- (2018-07-16, v:1.5) Lex Publico: thanks
Just wanted to thank you for making the internet a better place
- (2018-06-24, v:1.5) Dominic Snyder: Gamespot and a Google search problem
Hi. Taboola doesn't seem to be blocked on gamespot.com. Also, however, I noticed that I am unable to google the phrase "taboola remover" when the extension is enabled, which is really kind of funny and odd.
- (2018-05-26, v:1.5) gamespot.com
not working on gamespot.com
- (2018-05-22, v:1.5) MSN
Does not work on MSN
- (2018-03-25, v:1.5) Kacper Badura: wikia Fandom
not working on Fandom wikia sites
- (2018-03-21, v:1.5) Andrew Stephens: Outbrain
Hi, any chance you can extend this to cover other types of ad such as Outbrain? Thanks!
- (2018-02-01, v:1.5) Bart Ross: Doesn't block taboola ads on MSN
Doesn't block taboola ads on MSN
- (2018-01-03, v:1.5) Will Lyon: MSN
Doesn't block taboola ads on MSN