Look up Korean & Chinese / Zhongwen words while browsing the web. Watch Netflix & Youtube with learning subtitles.
- (2022-10-19) 박SJ: 사전이 바로 떠서 넘 편해요!! 넷플로 외국어 공부할 때 자막 한영 같이 띄울 수 있고 특히 외국인 친구한테 한국어>영어로 설명할 때 그냥 사전이 바로 떠서 넘 편한 거 같아요! 완전 추천합니다 This extension is so convenient! When you don't know the meaning of certain Korean words on Youtube/Netflix, this extension immediately shows the word's meaning. You can save tons of time on googling!
- (2022-10-18) SUAH CHO: 넷플릭스나 유튜브 보면서 자막 두 언어로 설정하고 필요할 때 원하는 단어 찾아 볼 수 있어서 좋아요 번역기나 사전 들어가서 검색 안해도 되니까 엄청 편리한 듯 합니다! It's good to look up new words and phrase while I watching Netflix or Youtube contents. As a Korean speaker, It's also helpful to learn both Chinese and English without searching dictionary.
- (2022-08-01) Sam Choi: This extension is so great not only for Korean/Chinese learners but also for English learners who are Korean/Chinese speakers! Very simple, so easy to use. It's nice to be able to turn on both English/Korean subtitles when watching Netflix.
- (2022-07-29) Hyejeong Han: It is so useful! Actually, I am Korean and I am using this extension. In particular, when I watch Netflix, it is really convenient to see English and Korean subtitles at the same time and to check the meaning of words immediately.
- (2022-07-05) Jo Lam: Crazy useful for reading articles in chinese!
- (2022-05-11) Sonny Blonstein: Amazing pop-up dictionary! very useful for learning Korean
- (2022-04-26) Teksong Eap: Absolutely the best korean popup dictionary I have ever found
- (2022-04-15) MikeOaktown: I found this very useful for browsing websites in Mandarin. However it does not work in Google Docs as the description states. I was specifically looking for an extension that could translate Chinese characters within Google Doc text. So save yourself the download if that is what you are looking for.
- (2022-03-25) Alex Przybyla: LOVE THIS APP. I can't praise it enough. My household is two English speakers and a Chinese speaker who prefers traditional subtitles. We like watching shows in the evening, especially Korean shows. BUT we need both English and Chinese subtitles if we want the original Korean audio. That wasn't possible... until we found this app! Because of Inkah, we can now watch K-dramas together! I can't say how grateful I am just for that... and the truth is, I haven't even scratched the surface of what Inkah can do. I know it'll be a huge help once I start studying again.
- (2022-02-10) Mein Lee: SO USEFUL! So easy to use, too. Perfect for learning Chinese and Korean
- (2022-02-08) Avani Agarwal: As an avid fan of K-dramas, I have always wanted to learn Korean but it was quite difficult to practice the language. After a month of having Inkah, I'm so glad to be able to memorize key terms and it it very educational!
- (2022-02-07) Enoch Tseng: As an intermediate Mandarin speaker, this is a great tool for filling in the gaps of my comprehension. Works on basically everything on the internet, would definitely recommend it to those who love (or want to) consume Mandarin content!
- (2022-02-04) Niko Bardin: I've always had trouble maintaining consistent practice for Mandarin Chinese, a second language for me that I learned only in school. Inkah is perfect for me (and any other language learner looking to retain and expand their foundational knowledge), especially in the context of relearning the characters/words that have slipped my memory. As a polyglot, I'm really looking forward to Inkah expanding to other languages!
- (2021-12-11) choco pocky: this is seriously one of the best extensions on chrome I have ever used! the bookmark function is extremely convenient and helps me to review words that I have saved. it has been a great help for me as my written chinese is really rusty, and it helps when I'm reading webnovels :) keep up the good work!
- (2021-11-29) Đặng Thành Long: Thank you so much. This extension is useful.
- (2021-09-29) 전정민: 기사 읽으면서 공부하기에 짱 좋아요! 바로 뜻 나오고 드래그해서 저장하면 단어장으로 뽑아주기까지해서 공부하기에 좋은 프로그램 같아요!! 승승장구하세요
- (2021-09-29) Eunwoo Kim: 꼭 한국어나 중국어를 공부하시는 분 뿐만 아니라 영어 공부를 하는 한국인 분들에게도 유용한 것 같아요! 넷플릭스 동시 자막이랑 호버링으로 바로 단어가 검색되는 게 진짜 넘 편해요!! 넷플릭스나 유튜브로 공부하시는 분들 진짜 한 번 사용해보세요! Not only is it good for studying Korean and Chinese, but it is also recommended for English learners. It's great because you can find words quickly and easily and have fun learning with Netflix and YouTube!
- (2021-09-25) quoc huynh: Super helpful! Would love to see if it also works in YouTube. Could you add Cantonese please? Thanks!
- (2021-08-30) Kevin Donnelly: The dictionary is OK, but tends to break up words into their syllables, eg 허리케인, "hurricane", gets split into heo-ri and in (and ge is just skipped), so there's still some work to do there. I can't see any icon at the bottom of the Netflix screen, but maybe this is because I'm in the UK - there is no option for Korean subtitles, so maybe since Inkah can't see them, it doesn't activate.
- (2021-08-30) Winzu Costan: Really easy to use and very useful.
- (2021-08-24) Dan Engel: As a Chinese language learner who has hit a plateau with traditional language learning methods and doesn't want to spend anymore time in class. Inkah is a game changer. I've used a variety of pop-up dictionaries in the past but Inkah combines a superior look and feel, super-fast look-up, and some extra features that just put it over the edge. Highlighting whole passages and getting the whole vocabulary list is just so snappy and useful, there are tons of little quality of life details that make it super easy to tweak the settings to get it just right for your preferences, and learning through video on Netflix just makes it a joy to use. Literally only downside is it's only for Chinese and Korean learners. If you join the discord you can chat directly with the development team, give them your comments/suggestions and they're really responsive, with often-requested features eventually getting implemented. Awesome extension that always seems to be improving, must-have if you're learning Chinese or Korean.
- (2021-08-03) Johnathan Lee: Works smoothly to display translations while still being immersed in native material, no more cutting and pasting into Google translate :) Saving words along with the export function makes it convenient to collect new vocabulary to be studied using your favourite flashcard program. An indispensable tool for improving Chinese/Korean reading ability!
- (2021-08-03) Seungwon Choi: 꼭 한국어 공부하는 사람들 아니더라도 영어 공부하는 한국인한테도 너무 유용한거같아요ㅠㅠ 한국어 보면서 이건 영어로 어케 말하지 싶은 것들 바로바로 번역돼서 편하고 무엇보다 넷플릭스 기능이 진짜 대박이에요. 한 번에 자막 두개로 볼 수 있는것도 좋은데 단어 모르는거 나오면 바로바로 마우스 올려서 뜻 찾아볼 수 있는게 진짜 너무 편해요..!! 여러모로 단어 찾기 귀찮은 분들한테 강추합니다... I think it's very useful not only for those who study Korean, but also for Koreans who are studying English. While watching Korean, this is convenient because it translates directly to questions about how to say it in English. Especially, netflix function is super awesome. It's nice to be able to see two subtitles at once, but it's really convenient to be able to find the meaning by hovering the mouse right away when you see a word you don't know!!! I just recommend it to those who have trouble finding words.
- (2021-07-27) Yin Yuan: I have to read Korean articles online for work, and this extension has been a lifesaver! It's able to pick up on different conjugations and syntactical forms, which makes it much more accurate than anything else I've used. I love the pop up real-time translation, which saves a lot of hassle since I no longer have to copy and paste things into Google translate. 100% recommend.
- (2021-07-21) 吳玟儒: 之前不知道有這麼方便的擴充器，任何網站都能使用，很常看韓劇，透過這個擴充器，還能一邊學習韓文，看影片變得很方便~~~ 而且喜歡的句子或詞都能收藏起來!!! 沒有比Inkah還更方便的字典了!!!
- (2021-07-14) julien voignier: I'm now using Inkah since almost a month and I really like it. Now, I always use Inkah when I read Chinese content on Internet. Before I was really lazy trying to understand Chinese but thanks to Inkah I'm able to read the content and check really easily the characters I don't know yet. So, I use less and less google translation. I also like the fonctionality which allow me to save the words so I can check them later again. Also, the fonction on Netflix is also super usefull to being able to have both Chinese and English subttitle in same time. I think that Inkah is a really good extension for Chinese learners (and Korean). Can't wait to see new updates from Inkah team.
- (2021-07-13) 409595583 TKU (楊麗佳): I've been using Inkah for quite some time for studying Chinese and comparing it with Kanji. So far, I'm really enjoying it. It's pure gold! This free extension tool deserves more attention!
- (2021-07-10) Harriette Herman: this extension is one that i would recommend to everyone. it is very user friendly and at the same time it very helpful. it has made it easier for me to read and understand taiwanese newspapers. also, using netflix has been so much easier as this extension provides both english and taiwanese subtitles.
- (2021-07-09) Maisie Lee: Really useful! I love the hover over functionality
- (2021-07-09) Jane Chen: If you're a Mandarin or Korean language learner, this is a super useful extension for you. It can also be used on Netflix, how convenient is that! I look forward to seeing other languages coming up in the future.
- (2021-07-09) Z T: For someone who desires to learn the language like me I would highly recommend to use this. Very simple and easy to use .I like the accuracy and speed.
- (2021-05-27) Nish Bhat: Incredibly useful if you're learning Chinese.
- (2021-04-27) GaminChris159: I love the extension. It helps me with homework, the pop-up comes up almost instantly, has 2 languages, and even has dark mode! Messaged them on Discord, and they are the nicest people I've ever met! (Would share with my friends and family :D )
- (2021-03-18) The Unknown: This makes learning korean easier! I wish I found these sooner, I no longer have to copy and paste multiple times just to translate some words. It really makes learning vocabulary way easier. I like this so much!
- (2021-02-25) Timi Jano: I wasn't expecting much from this extension, however, after trying it, I am truly amazed. I love how instead of simply translating the word, it actually breaks it down and explains every single part of it. It is truly amazing. Without any doubt it is one of the most useful extension for a language learner.
- (2021-02-25) Micaela Cassagnes González: I love how fast it is! Definitely I'm gonna use it all the time
- (2021-02-16) Shane Harrigan: Easy to use... very helpful! Definitely recommend
- (2021-02-08) Mete Ozkan: Have just been introduced to this and I am already loving it!
- (2021-02-04) Eddie Chu: Downloaded this today, and am super impressed at how fast and seamless it is! This is especially useful for native speakers of Chinese who may be rusty in their reading ability - helps fill in that unknown or uncertain character on the spot. I find that interactively reading/learning characters in context is immensely helpful for retention.
- (2021-02-01) Isabel Mucha: For all Chinese and Korean learners, Inkah is a life-changing extension. It is amazing to hover over a character and see its definition and pinyin :D And not only simplified characters, traditional ones as well! I absolutely love it and I hope more people discover Inkah. It is really helpful for our language journey :)
- (2021-01-28) Magazine for Young Girls: As a magazine that reaches an international audience, it's sooo important for us to know different languages. Using Inkah to translate Korean articles has helped us see things from different perspectives and markets and reach a whole new audience too. It's intuitive and fast- say goodbye to the clunky process of looking up words you don't know anymore.
- (2021-01-27) J. Justin Liang: This is a great app. Easy to download and use, super fast lookup and instantaneous response. Would highly recommend!
- (2021-01-21) Wei Ting Wong: Love this. The speed of it is great, using it feels intuitive and does not require any clicking. It has accurate translations but also gives you the option to learn the text quickly instead of translating everything.
- (2021-01-20) Xueying Chen: If you're a Mandarin language learner, this is the pop up dictionary for you. I've taken 文言文 and 思想與社會, and this pop up dictionary would have been super helpful to have during the time. The crisp, color-coded interface is SO MUCH easier to digest than other pop up dictionaries I've used, which is saying a lot because my brain already hurts from reading texts in a foreign language. Make it easier on yourself and use Inkah. It's also super easy to set Inkah to show both simplified 简体字 and traditional 繁體字 characters, which is great for Mandarin language learners who are struggling to switch between these character systems.
- (2021-01-18) Saurabh Mandar: never found a productivity tool quite like this one! so easy and smooth.
- (2021-01-18) Jeremy Ho: There's no better way to expand your real-world vocabulary than reading articles and forums on the web, and Inkah makes reading time twice as productive. It's greatly helped me improve my practical Mandarin fluency. Great product!
- (2021-01-18) julien rocher: Awesome ! Works wonders plus super efficient !!
- (2021-01-18) Eddie Xue: I helped develop this extension to help with browsing pages in other languages. It speeds up my learning and reading a lot! I've studied Chinese formally for about 10 years on and off, both digitally and analog, and Korean briefly as well. Places where I find Inkah especially useful: 1. Reading Chinese-language social media sites and posts 2. Reading Baidu, Wikipedia 3. Shopping sites 4. Emails and even short messages that I send back and forth on web platforms Sometimes you want to translate the whole page, but reading original content in context and looking up as needed is great for training language muscles Things I like most: 1. Super fast, doesn't slow down browser 2. Fixes many issues that other dictionaries have with lookup, especially with variant characters showing up before main versions on simplified lookups 3. Works on Google Docs and Gmail 4. Can choose whether to display simplified, traditional, or both 5. Contains new and often online slang terms 6. Korean+Chinese in same app
- (2021-01-18) Joanna Lam: Amazing! The translations come up instantly and it immediately recognizes words that are grouped together. Also love that for Korean, it shows you the words in base form which makes it much more user friendly than Papago.
- (2021-01-18) Conor McLaughlin: I'm admittedly biased given I helped develop the extension, but I've been using it for a month now on various news sites and social media, and I really do love it. It's fast, consistent in colors with Pleco, and highlighting a whole sentence to retrieve all the words has saved me a lot of time I wasted previously copy and pasting each word into notepad to save the meaning of the sentence. We'll continue to improve it so do write to our support e-mail if you have any feedback or feature requests!
- (2023-02-09, v:1.0.43) Kappa Chino: Allow tooltip to fade when moving cursor off word
This app would be 3x better if you allowed the tooltip to fade when the cursor moves off of the word. Makes the workflow much faster rather. It's a lot easier to move the cursor away than it is to move it away and then left mouse click every single time.
- (2022-11-29, v:1.0.41) Caleb -: Any way to enable both Korean and Chinese lookups simultaneously?
Love your extension, as a lapsed native Chinese speaker it's helped a lot to just help me start to recognize words and figure out meanings here and there again. As someone who's trying to learn a little Korean too I'm sad that I have to switch between the two target languages, though!
- (2021-05-19, v:1.0.12) Kristy “Kankoku Ongaku” Asao: A suggestion
Being able to move the translation text around! Thanks!