Manage your recently closed tabs.
The best "recently closed tabs" exension you have ever used ... not only cause it's made by us :-) This small extension provides you with a simple way to reopen some web pages you closed before. Furthermore you are able to configure options and hence influence the way recently closed tabs show in the popup, or even filter out pages you don't want to reopen (annoying popups etc.). We implemented the persistency via the HTML5 localStorage and are thinking about providing a global repository somewhere so that changing a browser or computer does not prevent you from having your "recently closed tabs" ... not sure how useful this would be *lol* Some additional ideas we have include usage of chrome's session API in order to provide not only the recently closed tab, but also it's history. At this time, the session package is experimental and extensions using it can not be loaded here on the gallery. But we will keep an eye on it and update the extension as soon as it is possible. In any case, give us your feedback and check our developer site to see what is going on. Extension developed by Michael Westrich and Draško Kokić. The latest updates: - cool new input range in options and improved user interface - basic info news page on every version change, should be optimised to get triggered on major and minor version change (ignore the 3rd and 4th part) - localStorage use and optimised snapshot images (resized via canvas) - introduced maxTabs parameter to control the length of the popup list
- (2021-02-05) Franco Mc Kellar: I never rate an app 5 stars, simply because that would imply absolute perfection.
- (2018-07-04) Dan Nissenbaum: Of the ones I've used, I've landed on this because I've had no problems with it and it's visually clear.
- (2018-07-04) Clemens Ratte-Polle: Copy URL Link ist malfunction! :(
- (2018-06-15) JamesSawyerIsTheBest: Marche nickel, merci pour cet outil bien pratique
- (2018-04-27) Masum Hasan: Very slow. Takes 4 seconds for the list of recently closed tabs to pop up.
- (2018-04-24) Alexandre Gille: Doesn't save anything when quitting and reopening Chrome. Poor app with no real feature.
- (2017-11-26) Frank Ellermann: Vintage 2010 open source is nice, and while chrome://history is my standard search engine and (sometimes) start page it is not the same thing as this extension.
- (2017-10-13) John Wong: Works 1 out 10 times. Chrome history does a better job of tracking what was closed. If windows restarts for update there is a good chance this extension will not remember the tabs closed.
- (2017-07-19) Димон Нагвальный: только 15 последних сохраняет.
- (2017-07-12) Mike Turco: Does exactly what it says it does. Great tool.
- (2017-05-05) Peter Bonifacio: Doesn't work on my chrome.
- (2017-04-27) Braden Dodge: EDIT: Ah, I see, it only shows 15 items on the drop down, but if you click on see more and open the options page (chrome-extension://opefiliglgllmponlmoajkfbcaigocfc/options.html) it lists all recently closed pages. I would like to have the option of having a scrollable dropdown menu of ALL my recently closed tabs and windows, but this will suffice. Well, actually "Recent History" seems to do it better and has a limit of 30 items on the dropdown. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recent-history/fbmkfdfomhhlonpbnpiibloacemdhjjm
- (2017-04-26) Kin: Doesn't work for me.
- (2017-01-18) Rebecca White: This extension is no longer necessary. Chrome Menu > History > Recently Closed
- (2016-10-19) Erich Alderfer: It's alright, but not as good as SimpleUndoRecents. The interface isn't as elegant, and it can't restore tabs closed before the extension is enabled. Other than that, works as advertised.
- (2016-07-19) Tony Franks: Never LOOSE a tab again? Surely: Never LOSE a tab again!
- (2016-06-16) Lukáš Jeřábek: It can reopen, but reopened tabs are without history.
- (2016-06-10) Julian Cuevas: The extension is great and works amazingly well, I only have 2 small comments: 1) Font is quite small and it's easily readable 2) Perhaps adding a delete all to the popup would make it the best
- (2016-05-26) anon ymous: It works, thanks. But I'd much rather something that added to the right click on tab context menu. Also no undo close all, nor any idea how many tabs are remembered - minus a star.
- (2016-05-02) Antonín Neumann: Nejlepší rozšíření, již několikrát zachránilo situaci a párkrát doslova celodenní práci!
- (2016-03-25) Toby Peterson: I closed 20 tabs, restarted my computer, and neither chrome nor this extension remembered any of them.
- (2016-03-21) Denis Gribov: -performance -loosing history of tab -small links
- (2016-03-13) Gabor Kertesz: Doesn't work. Hasn't recovered one closed tab so far. Try again.
- (2015-11-16) Yidong Cui: 在Chrome42之前还很好用。但是在46版本之后就不灵光了。很遗憾。
- (2015-10-23) wlb auy: it lacks only beautiful icon!
- (2015-09-01) Dave M: I love your extension! I QA test a... LOT... and I accidently close tabs all the freaking time! I am so happy to have found this. Chrome used to have a great one but they removed it, now they made it 3 clicks to get to, now I just have 2 right away. :D
- (2018-11-23, v:22.214.171.124) Cat Robson: No longer working in Chrome
A few days ago the extension stopped working. Today I can see only tabs I had open yesterday, nothing from today.
- (2018-05-06, v:126.96.36.199) Bob Engelhardt: Closed tab history
When a Recently Closed Tab is restored, it would be nice to have that tab's history. I.e., it would be nice to be able to go back in the history of that tab. This is something that can be done with Chrome's Recently Closed History.
- (2017-12-27, v:188.8.131.52) Block close tab
Draško, can you modify your or make new app with one goal - block closing tab? Example - user open dozens of tab, some leave & close, but want that one be always opened. Is this posible? PS. Best way would be if this option persists in tab context menu.
- (2017-07-12, v:184.108.40.206) Mike Turco: Filters?
Works like a charm and thank you for this handy tool. What's up with the filters? What do those do?
- (2017-07-10, v:220.127.116.11) Daryl Zeigler, MD, MMM, CPE: My Gmail Sorting Tabs are gone
I do not know why my Gmail, which was generally successful in assessing my categories: Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, Forums. There is no way I can get Google technical support.
- (2017-02-04, v:18.104.22.168) Cem E: The application short stopped Functioning
The short doesn't responds and when you right click & select; 'recently Closed Tabs' it takes you first to chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recently-closed-tabs/ than if this page is already open while you require 'recently Closed Tabs' again then it opens the appropriate page.
- (2017-02-04, v:22.214.171.124) Cem E: Stop Functioning
The short doesn't resonds and when you right click & select; 'recently Closed Tabs' it takes you first to chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recently-closed-tabs/ than if this page is already open if you require again then it opens the appropriate page.
- (2016-08-15, v:126.96.36.199) Travers One: How do I restore recently closed tabs in bulk?
When you close several tabs simultaneously, Chrome has a tab restore function that restores those group tabs at once. I installed this extension to open past closed tabs that Chrome does not keep a record of but I also want the option to restore, all at once, the tabs that were closed simultaneously instead of restoring one closed tab at a time. How would I do that with this extension?
- (2015-09-29, v:188.8.131.52) Lydia France: Undo
When I delete a recently closed tab by mistake, is there and undo?
- (2015-09-17, v:184.108.40.206) Greta Erickson: get rid on recently closed tabs in history
how do i get rid of it?