Hide/show Funimation video UI with 'z' and use PageUp/PageDown or ArrowUp/ArrowDown keys to seek 1 second back/forward
The Funimation video UI does not hide itself when paused. This can be very inconvenient when you want to take screenshots of videos. With this browser extension active, when watching a Funimation video, you can: * Press 'z' to hide the video UI * Use the up and down arrow keys (or the PgUp/PgDown keys) to seek back and forward in 1 second increments. This is a new version adapted to the new Funimation player. The hide functionality can now find the elements to hide in the new player. The seek functionality has changed to prevent conflict with the native controls. The player now uses left and right arrow keys natively for 5 second searches, so I've moved 1 second searching to up/down or PgUp/PgDown keys.
- (2022-02-23) Ebisu: Using this to make it so using spacebar to pause doesn't bring up the UI. What's the point in pausing to give yourself more time to read and absorb subtitles if the UI just gets in the way whenever you do?
- (2022-02-07) Alex: yona!
- (2021-12-02) Christian Hurtado: It just bloody works. Perfect.
- (2021-10-07) Octavio Zavala: This extension was working perfectly till Oct-2021 when Funimation decided to change the player, so this extension won't work at all anymore. :'3 Pardon me Bro, do you know if there is a way to use this extension on the new Funimation Player, this extension was great because you could hide the Funimation UI, but aparently that is not longer possible now, or do you think it would be possible an update or a new one in order to fix this issue with the new player? Thanks a lot for your hard work!! :3
- (2021-09-22) First name Last name: IT WORKED! :) I am a skeptical person so I was concerned about a virus but upon further research the likelihood is low so I downloaded it anyways. Crossing my fingers, but it does work very well! Don't forget to refresh the page! Thank you to whoever made this :)
- (2021-08-06) ariqxs: THIS IS A LIFE SAVER! I was trying to watch "The Millionaire Detective Balance: UNLIMITED" and no matter what I did the progress bar would not go down and i got really annoyed and frustrated. I was honestly close to dropping the show because I noticed that it only happened with that specific show. I watched others like "Wonder Egg Priority" and "Horimiya" on Funimation and it had no trouble hiding the UI. BUT TYSM FOR THIS NOW I CAN FINALLY WATCH ILY!!!!!
- (2021-07-13) Stephen Molnar: Does exactly what it says. I refreshed and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
- (2021-07-06) Sarah kinkead: If this doesnt work for you just refresh the page then try pressing z again :) honestly changed my life, its so beautiful im gonna cry
- (2021-07-04) Jáchym Jurák: the 'z' key doesn't work
- (2021-07-03) McCoy Witham: All I can say is thank you lol This is the only way the playbar would go down while watching. Great extension!
- (2021-06-21) Tessa: a lot of people are saying that it doesnt work, if it doesnt work just clickon the extension then refresh the page, it should work!!! also i love this extention it is great 100% reccomend (*..*)
- (2021-06-15) Greg G.: Works great
- (2021-04-29) Yo Man: Its... so beautiful.... I might cry.
- (2021-04-25) David Maiman: It does what it advertises, just press z and the UI hides! Thank you!
- (2021-04-21) Joel Hammond: This is awesome, fixes the 2 main issues i've had with funnimation, UI wouldn't auto hide and arrow key back and forward skip
- (2021-04-11) Jayce Dejournett: uhm....it doesnt seem to work for some reason.
- (2021-03-01) Ethan Levoir: This is the best. Ive had this glitch on the funimation website where the UI wouldn't go away and this fixed it.
- (2021-02-21) ahil 9 equity: my butthole itches thank you for giving us this
- (2022-03-02, v:2.0) Alius CC: Any plans to make one for Crunchyroll?
Today it was announced that Funimation will be absorbed into Crunchyroll, and I was wondering if you have any plans on making a similar extension for Crunchy. So far I was only able to find Crunchy extensions the hides the dim screen overlay, but none of them hides the video player UI entirely like this one does (they don't hide the video player bar). With Funi shutting down, I would love to see a version of this extension on Crunchyroll too!!
- (2022-01-29, v:2.0) Josh Chong: Auto start
Is there a way for this to automatically start for new episodes?
- (2021-10-07, v:1.0) Octavio Zavala: Won't work on Funimation New Player / Oct-2021
Pardon me Bro, do you know if there is a way to use this extension on the new Funimation Player, this extension was great because you could hide the Funimation UI, but aparently that is not longer possible now, or do you think it would be possible an update or a new one in order to fix this issue with the new player? Thanks a lot for your hard work!! :3
- (2021-09-22, v:1.0) First name Last name: Thank you :)
Thank you for creating this extension, it worked perfectly!
- (2021-09-15, v:1.0) Alius CC: Funi Player got updated
The player just got updated, and pressing "z" no longer hides the UI Any plans to update the extension in the future? Thank you
- (2021-06-18, v:1.0) zahra shinall: How do i activate it?
I might just be missing something, but i cant seem to find out how i can activate it?
- (2021-04-23, v:1.0) Blue_Tiger_8: Extension not working
Hi there, for some reason when I press z, the ui does not hide. The actual extension doesnt even show up when I am watching something on the website
- (2021-04-12, v:1.0) Eli Ginsberg: Not Working?
Hi Team, Excited to use this tool as we know Funimation haven't fixed this issue and probably won't... However, having downloaded the extension, it doesn't seem to be working. Please advise. Thanks, Eli