Double click on a word in a webpage to immediately view word definition in your native language. Simply lookup for the word meaning
Welcome To the Exegetical Dictionary page! Any of us couldn't remember the meaning of all words. Google Dictionary app made to resolve this problem. Dictionary extension allows you to quickly lookup definitions of words and phrases in a clean inline box. Dictionary shows a short description of the word in a popup, button is also provided for comprehensive description via Google Dictionary (by Google) It is not A Google Translator, imTranslator, Select to Translate or others, it is a convenient extension to learn new words. Using Dictionary similar to Google Dictionary (by Google )Hold a modifier key (Alt on Windows, Command on Mac, Ctrl on Linux) and double-click or select any word to look it up - an inline box will open to the dictionary entry of that word, usually including examples, audio pronunciation, and synonyms. Our Dictionary extension is an absolutely free chrome addon. Dictionary extension requires only the necessary permission range for proper work. Among all features you'll get: 1) Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble. 2) View the complete definition of any word or phrase using the toolbar dictionary. 3) Store a history of words you've looked up, so you can practice them later. Foreign words are automatically translated to your language of choice. Supported dictionaries: - English - French - German - Spanish Exegetical Dictionary works on all websites, it is faster easier, and lighter than competitors, like google dictionary. NOTES: 1. After installing, pages already open will not work for looking up - just refresh them and it'll be solved. 2. The Chrome Extensions Gallery pages don't allow lookup (or any on-page extensions) for security reasons. 3. This extension does add a toolbar icon. Do not forget to Pin it.
- (2021-07-31) SharMarke: Skit fungerar inte.
- (2021-06-30) Akash S Gowda: Good extension. It's UI is better than google dictionary. And the excel file(history) which we download is fine and clear, but in google it's annoying. Well, thanks for developing.
- (2021-06-17) Facundo Esteche: No funciona en ESPAÑOL (spanish). Demora y no logra decir el significado de las palabras porque queda cargando.
- (2021-06-12) Akash S Gowda: Best dictionary ever. It's designs are better than google and looks pretty. Almost both are same, but this looks pretty well.
- (2021-06-07) Monika Ramzy: Like everybody else here, I am looking for a replacement for the Google Dictionary extension since it stopped working. The English translation works well (despite the very brief lag. However, it doesn't translate other languages or phrases like google did so I will have to keep looking. Edit: For anybody else in the same predicament as me, I just spent most of my day downloading different extensions and the best one I found was "Rememberry" because like Google Dictionary, it gives you definitions, word translations and phrase translations at the same time Edit again: apparently it doesn't give definitions after all, just translations :( Sorry guys, I'm still looking for a solution
- (2021-05-16) Fawad Yasin: Works similarly to Google dictionary, that is many a times doesn't comeback with definitions. UI is nicer than that of Google dictionary.
- (2021-05-16) Mahe: its not working at all.,
- (2021-05-11) Federica Clarizia: L'estensione non è riuscita a trovare il significato nemmeno di parole di uso comune nella lingua italiana mettendoci anche molto tempo
- (2021-04-30) mohit bhardwaj: This is EXACTLY what i was looking for, just added it, not at all complicated, but i cant use it in this comment section. Hmmm they could've.... may be i am asking more of it and making it complicated one. NICE WORK DONE!
- (2021-04-10) Naskay Tech: It doesn't work. I double click on the word but can't see any popup.
- (2021-03-23) Luca Gentile: Please add option to translate non English text and translation field clicking on the extension icon, thanks.
- (2021-03-23) Noman Noname: Doesn't work
- (2021-03-19) Hammer Ninja: Alright, it's not instant (a small delay of pop-up) comparable to Google Dictionary. But Google Dictionary has stopped working for me the past few days and this extension is already proving to be a good replacement. (for now... don't know when Google will fix that extension)
- (2021-03-19) Simran Sachar: Perfect, thankyou!
- (2021-03-18) Gamerang: Great app! There's a little delay but it does the job. Google Dictionary wasn't working so I got this instead and I absolutely would recommend it!
- (2021-03-18) Antonio Marcos Machyavelly: Simple words as Hercules, autonomy weren't found.
- (2021-03-17) trifine worrell: I would love it if the team could add the word's part of speech, as well. I love this app, though, and it is a great help whenever I need it. Its relatively quick and the definitions are accurate. Well done.
- (2021-03-15) Hazzer: It didn't work, I checked all the settings and there didn't seem to be a reason.
- (2021-03-12) Ayesha Hasan: This is really helpful
- (2021-03-10) Rodrigo Bautista: i cant get it working
- (2021-02-27) li le: Great extension. Just love to use this one
- (2021-02-27) Strelok: It's literally the google dictionary extension but the bubble looks prettier, which is why I prefer it. However this one takes a second to show the definition, when Google's takes no time.
- (2021-02-25) Bonkers 666: Very helpful. More stable than Google Translate Extension. With good translation and pronunciation.
- (2021-02-24) Nikita Shylepin: some of the words can't identify but this is good, you can learn and also know about the pronounciation of the word.. thank you
- (2021-02-17) GodSpeedKnight7: is an excellent extension, also is very helpful.
- (2021-02-14) Pecs Lover: Quick, fast and reliable. Easy to activate. GREAT EXT!
- (2021-02-12) Bautista: Really nice and useful app!!
3.8 (41 votes)
Last update / version
2021-02-16 / 0.1.2