Redirect YouTube URLs to Toogl.es for fun and profit
Toogles (http://toogl.es) is a super fast minimal alternative interface for YouTube. It's refreshingly different than the bulk of YouTube.com. This extension just redirects you to the Toogles version of any YouTube video that you open (it ignores all other YouTube pages such as playlists and users). That's it. No hidden features or sketchy permissions or anything like that. If you really want to view a video on YouTube you can click the video's title on Toogles to force it that once (or just add &toogles=0 to the end of the YouTube video URL). Open source on GitHub: http://bit.ly/TbTJBm
- (2020-06-26) William Croft: Mike's extension and website is a huge improvement over the sluggish and bloated default Youtube interface. Runs lightning fast as compared to Youtube page, which frequently takes 15 or more seconds to start up. Highly recommended.
- (2019-02-15) When I click on video results from Google Search, it no longer redirects to toogl.es. Now it just loads youtube.com. Please update it.
- (2015-10-20) It's great, but the link within the embedded video to the youtube site does not work because of the extension re-redirecting it.
- (2015-09-25) محمد العنزي EC3: Very good, Thank you
- (2013-09-12) Jason Tu: Toogles is the way YouTube should have been designed: clean and minimal, with emphasis on the video. The linked videos at the end of a video don't redirect to Toogles, but that's a minor issue.
- (2013-06-17) Michal Forys: I miss the option(from other extension) to loop a video, otherway: good work!
- (2013-02-25) Aaron McCallen: As of Feb 25th and the most recent flash update the toggles video includes all the overlay junk on the video. I don't know if this is intentional or possible to remove, but I would like the video to be the only thing shown; not the random overlays.
- (2013-02-15) Nice, but I had to disable it because it would not let me follow links to other videos.
- (2013-02-13) Kerry Happle: I really love this approach to youtube, I can't stand when i look at a video and the comments are nothing but hate and general unintelligence. This eliminates that and looks good to boot! And then if I do want to see the comments I just click the title to go to youtube.
- (2013-02-07) Gabriel Marchildon: A link to the Youtube page would be nice, I'm happy with the design, but I want to see the comments too. And maybe a way to hide the sidebar. Good work, though !
- (2013-02-05) Aprilus Lumbantoruan: Very nice way to watch youtube videos, but I still want to view comments / top comments though .... :( Just add one more tab between the info and related videos tab should suffice.
- (2013-01-22) bion suba: After the terrible youtube redesign, Toogles has been a breath of fresh air
- (2016-05-17, v:1.1.1) J E: Interacting
How do I upvote, downvote, or comment/see comments with Toggles enabled? Can't seem to find a help or options for any of them.
- (2015-04-09, v:1.1.0) Eyngel: uninstall
how can i uninstall this?
- (2015-02-09, v:1.0.1) Rafael Begluyan: uninstall
how do i uninstall?
- (2013-12-10, v:1.0.1) Lance Homer: Turn off Related Videos
I'd love to be able to turn off related videos both on the side and at the end of the YouTube video. Could you add this as a preference to be toggled under the managed extension?