Replaces the word 'Gun' with the phrase 'Murder Weapon' any time it appears on the web.
Inspired by Byron Clark's Chrome extension that changes the phrase "political correctness" to "treating people with respect" (http://bit.ly/1fNsSHh), I decided to take the same idea and apply it to my long time feeling that if we called guns what they were (murder weapons), we might all have a different attitude toward them. Two recent occurrences of gun violence hit exceptionally close to home, with people I know being directly affected. This morning I woke up to a story of a law enforcement officer being shot and killed while filling up his patrol car at the gas station. See how different the web is when we call guns what they are--murder weapons. Feel free to make suggestions for additional words to change to "murder weapon". Links: Byron Clark's "PC2Respect" http://bit.ly/1fNsSHh Make Your Own Text-Replacing Chrome Extension http://9to5google.com/2015/06/14/how-to-make-a-chrome-extensions/
- (2019-06-21) Alessio Guadagnuolo: it does what it says, murder weapon = murder weapon
- (2018-02-01) doesn't work
- (2017-11-19) Joey Simon: noice
- (2017-10-11) J R: hate it, it's stupid and i want to take it off
- (2017-07-24) Jordan Fire Star: Horrible app, don't get it.
- (2017-05-01) The Spare Channel: I thought this was kinda cool! I just used it as a joke, but it's surprising that it actually works relatively well. As a serious thing, no, but as a cheap laugh for someone with a dark sense of humour, sure!
- (2017-04-04) Alex Karlov: Guns can eb used badly, but without them WE WOULD BE IN CHAOS. Imagine ww2 without guns. Seems weird, doesn't it? Also everything can be used as a murder weapon, even water and our own bodys. If "full peace" existed that would mean we would just be floating around doing nothiong but breathing, blinking, looking, and sleeping.
- (2017-02-25) jacob joy: Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
- (2017-02-09) Foxtrot45 Gaming: Doesn't work
- (2016-12-27) Clint Nelson: If it wasn't for guns the author of of this extension would be cleaning Hitlers bedpan instead of creating false rumors on the internet.
- (2016-09-18) Jackson Willing: I have to disagree...
- (2016-06-18) Finnagus Peterson: Amazing.
- (2016-03-23) Gavin Sticker: Guns don't kill people. Bullets do. Really, i have to agree with Leaf xSpots, because without guns the world would be in chaos. Imagine this timeline without guns. Everything, total pandemonium. But some guns are murder weapons, so both teams are true.
- (2016-01-25) Well Darn: it doesnt even work
- (2015-11-15) Matthew Schaffner: Guns aren't "Bad" they are supposed to be used by Militaries, Police, and other civil organizations, Criminals, murderers, and people that cause harm to others are the ones who are using guns incorrectly the media labels guns as bad but who uses them to make a bad reputation for guns? Criminals. All you anti gun liberals are wrong, people use them in the wrong way, really wrong. Murdering and harming thats all they do, but its not the guns fault they are supposed to be used to protect, not harm innocent people.
- (2015-10-28) Cirro7: guns are bad.i like this extension.and it actually works.