Opens Feedly articles in a background tab on custom key press (hotkey)
Hate that Feedly's 'v' keyboard shortcut automatically switches focus to the new tab? Then this extension is for you! Press a custom hotkey (keyboard shortcut) when an article is 'focused' on Feedly to open the link in the background. The default hotkey is ';' Works best with 'j' and 'k' shortcuts to go forward and backward - and 'm' to mark as read/unread. A replacement for the loved but no longer working "Feedly Background Tab". Open source, check out the code here: https://github.com/davidz627/feedlyBackgroundArticles/tree/main
- (2021-02-07) Brett Haney: Great replacement for a similar extension that recently stopped working. Thanks!
- (2021-01-26) Nuno Gil: Seems to work perfectly. Thanks!
- (2021-01-25) Brent Wagner: Must have extension, does exactly what is needed.
- (2021-01-21) Steven Daycak: Perfect replacement for an old "open in background" extension that recently stopped working. Thank you!
- (2021-01-18) Jessica Zhu: Super easy to use and efficient! Just what I was looking for!!
- (2021-01-14) Amber Song: Life saver! Love it!
- (2021-01-21, v:0.12) David Yang Yaumin Wu: not working as intended
I'm on a Vivaldi version of chrome if that makes a difference.
- (2021-01-20, v:0.12) Brent Wagner: Customize key and work in list mode,
Request ability to customize activation key (I use h) and Ability to work when an article is selected, not just active. I use 'n' to scroll through articles. But, at least it is something. Thank you.
- (2021-01-20, v:0.12) Øystein Sørvik: Customize key
Since I'm not using an US keyboard the character ; is not a single key press. This extension consequently does nothing. Please allow us to customize the key.