Get a meeting assistant that records audio, writes notes, automatically captures slides, and generates summaries.
Otter leverages its proprietary AI to write meeting notes in real time and share them with everyone so they can collaborate during meetings. When connected to your Microsoft Outlook or Google calendar, Otter can automatically join virtual meetings with OtterPilot™ to record and transcribe the meeting. It also shares live transcripts with meeting participants so that everyone can collaborate by adding highlights and comments. The Otter.ai Chrome extension intelligently detects when you open a virtual meeting link in your browser, or add one to a calendar event, and provides a quick and easy way to OtterPilot that meeting – ensuring you never miss a key moment from the meeting. The Otter.ai Chrome extension is compatible with Zoom, Google Meet, and Google Calendar. HOW TO PIN THE EXTENSION AND LOG IN: - After downloading, tap the extension icon, then tap the pin icon to add it to your browser bar. - Tap the pinned Otter logo in your browser bar to log in to or sign up for an Otter account. HOW TO USE WITH ZOOM: - Open a Zoom URL in your Chrome browser. - An Otter extension pop-up will open and ask if you want to OtterPilot the meeting to get an automatic meeting summary (however, if OtterPilot is already scheduled to attend the meeting, you will not receive this pop-up). - If you OtterPilot your meeting, your live notes will open in a new tab in your browser. - Your current meeting notes will be auto-shared to your calendar guests, and you have the option to enable OtterPilot to join all future meetings from the same pop-up. - Go to Settings to edit the share settings for all of your future meetings. HOW TO USE WITH GOOGLE MEET: - Open a Google Meet URL in your Chrome browser. - An Otter extension pop-up will open and ask if you want to OtterPilot the meeting to get an automatic meeting summary. - From the same pop-up, you also have the option to manually record on your device. - If you OtterPilot your meeting, a small in-window pop-up (only visible to you) with your live meeting notes will appear in your Google Meet interface. HOW TO USE WITH GOOGLE CALENDAR: - After signing in to the Otter extension, when you open Google Calendar, an option to “Add Otter Meeting Notes” will appear anytime you create or edit a calendar event. - Upon tapping the button to “Add Otter Meeting Notes”, one of two things will happen: - If your calendar is connected in Otter and there is a Zoom or Google Meet link in your calendar event, OtterPilot will automatically be sent to that meeting. - If there is not a Zoom or Google meet link in your calendar event, a meeting note will be added with instructions to manually record on your device. CONTACT US • Support: https://help.otter.ai • Facebook: @OtterAI • LinkedIn: Otter.ai • Twitter: @Otter_ai • Web: otter.ai
- (2023-07-25) Lucy Beck: I use Otter a lot - but the Chrome extension is useless as it only works if you use Zoom or Google Meet. I was looking for a "button" to press and start transcribing a meeting already in progess - irrespective of the platform that the meeting was being held on or if it was an in person meeting. Otter is ill thought out in that it is so heavily focussed around google, Zoom and Microsoft calendar platforms - god help you if you use anything else like native Apple tools, or Zoho for example. You are destined to manually log into Otter for in person meets, downloading meeting recordings and uploading to Otter in all other scenarios. However once you actually get the transcript its great and I find Otter Chat and the interfce generally so much better than Fireflies.ai
- (2023-07-13) John Rownan: This app automatically joins meetings even if you are not present. It records without any warnings and shows no notification for recording. This is illegal under GDPR. It then sends emails notifying people that they were recorded without consent. If you record someone without their consent, then you are liable to be sued. Using this app is like asking for a lawsuit.
- (2023-06-06) Mike Coombe: I know it's not the customer service agents fault but whoever is managing them needs the boot. The worst service I've experienced in a long time, especially from a SaaS company. Sooo many competitors with superior features and amazing support .... and cheaper. I asked for a refund after less than 24 hours because it wasn't working properly and they gave me a simple 'no we cant do that' for a SaaS company to start saying that to people is social suicide. Anyway they can have my money I'll be using another software, they'll need that $99 when they collapse.
- (2023-05-05) Dmitry Suholet: It worked beautifully before the update. Now it's useless. I don't understand what I'm paying for. I guess it's time to switch.
- (2023-05-03) Matthew Lee: Used to work. No longer works. And Otter Support is NEGATIVE 5 stars.... I'm a PAYING customer, and they don't even respond.
- (2023-04-18) Lei Jin: Used to like it a lot but the new "invite Otter to call" feature is a total disaster. The PM who came up with this definitely jumped the gun. Can we at least have the ability to disable it? Sam, I hope you are seeing this.
- (2023-03-22) Conrad Blight: Not good.
- (2023-03-18) JD Shadel: I used to find this Chrome extension great. It would simply serve as a recorder for your calls. Now, it requires you to add the Otter Assistant to calls, which is mostly a disaster. Often, it never joins automatically, as the Assistant is supposed to. My outreach to support has not helped resolve this. Second, even when it does join, it takes *forever*—on a recent very important call, Otter Assistant joined almost 10 minutes into the call. And then there are also cases where it's randomly left the call early, leaving me without any recording. I have decided I can no longer rely on Otter for my work, It's a cool concept. I hope they can fix the product, which I would describe right now as unusable. I'm currently researching alternatives. I've had some luck with Firefies.ai, though it's not perfect. I'm also researching Airgram (expensive pricing model) and TL;DV (does not let you upload audio).
- (2023-02-10) Dave Cortright: Overall a great service, and getting better. The plugin is good, but I have been having issues lately where I have to close and restart it at the beginning of a Google Meet session. Once I do that, it works fine. Hopefully they'll fix this bug soon
- (2023-01-26) Peter Lundmark: I love the web app, but this extension didn't work for me. Here are my reasons. It didn't record one of my meetings. When I activated it, a weird pop that I couldn't close blocked half screen for the entire meeting. When you exit the meeting (on google) there is no confirmation that the recording ended and is being processed, but I also don't see any confirmation that it's still recording. All in all, I feel like it's way easier just to have otter.ai open in a separate tab.
- (2023-01-19) Erik Ostebo: This software was mistakenly installed / granted permissions by someone at my company, and spread to people very much like a virus. It will send out emails on your behalf, without your permission, pretending to be you asking your co-workers to install Otter. This is worse than any virus. This company peddles spyware, plain and simple.
- (2022-08-29) Leo Gopal: Nest time saver when working with text2quit transcript
- (2022-03-23) Diego Fuentes: no se puede en español
- (2022-01-22) Lisa Chambless Wolfe: This is a useless extension. It takes several clicks--open otter extension, open Google Meet, then open Otter again--when I could just have the browser opened to Otter.ai and only click once. Uninstalling. Mind you I LOVE and am obsessed with Otter.ai, I use it extensively.
- (2021-10-13) Devon Meadows: It works when it works. I've recorded three long conversations. The most recent recording only recorded about 30 out of 60 minutes. At the half hour mark the transcript slowed down and didn't keep up with the live video. I thought it would just catch up later because it said it was still recording the meeting. At the end of the meeting i checked in otter and it only recorded half the meeting and it just stopped suddenly even though it showed recording the whole time. I reported to otter and they reprocessed the meeting and it was still cut short. Disappointing as its great when it works but now I'm afraid it might just stop working in the middle of a meeting and I won't have any way of knowing. Otter is a 5 star app. But this chrome extension is a 1 star app. So I've given this extension 2 stars to reflect my opinion. Hopefully I am proven wrong over time and my meetings get better.
- (2021-09-23) Sam Liang: Fast and accurate. Really handy to take notes automatically for my Google Meet meetings. Also easy to share the notes with all the meeting attendees.
- (2021-09-22) Patrick PROSPA: c'est dommage elle ne fait pas de transcription en français
- (2021-05-13) V Keerthi Vikram: Best Transcription service currently.
- (2021-03-29) yeny paola parra morales: no me permite transcribir en español
- (2021-01-31) Muhammet Tolga Buğday: It does not work. I could not sign in with this extension. Also, does not record anythin on google meet.
- (2021-01-29) Sarang Mulchandani: The transcription is amazing, if you could only add timestamps according to the current time and speaker names to be attached like in Google Meet CC's, this would become amazing!!
- (2021-01-26) Tao Xing: Very useful extension for Google Meet! It has pretty high accuracy, even comparing to Google one. It's really handy to have a copy of the meeting transcript that you can search and playback after meeting finished.
- (2021-01-25) Zane Dickens: Enjoying using this so far - it would be amazing if it could pull in the current speaker to auto-tag the audio. Also if it asked you at the beginning of the meeting if you want to record. I forget the first few minutes quite often. :)
- (2023-11-29, v:2.18.3) Harold Meyer: I don't see how to discretely record without other participants being made aware.
I don't see how to discretely record without other participants being made aware. Also, is there a manual for dummies?
- (2023-11-15, v:2.18.2) David Watson: Payments
I thought I had the free version; however, I noticed a $30-some dollar charge to my credit card. Now, I don't know whether that was for 1 month or 1 year! If there is a free version, even if its limited, I'm in. Otherwise, I'm out. I don't use it enough to justify the cost. Your response, please.
- (2023-11-12, v:2.18.2) JASON RIDDLEY: hipaa eligible
is the software hipaa compliant and can be used for healthcare transcription, for instance
- (2023-10-23, v:2.18.2) L. Taylor: controlling the recordings
How do i control what to record? My company does two zoom a week and although I don't hit record your program records and it's wasted minutes. I do not want to waste money as it's limited on my end, don't want to sign up for pro until I understand every thing in the free platform. How do I control what is being recorded?
- (2023-09-21, v:2.18.2) Tom Korzenecki: optional to record
I do not want an automatic record. Give me the option to record or not or remove me from this service. tom korzenecki [email protected] 626-676-1880
- (2023-07-07, v:2.18.2) Gunjan Agrawal: Video recordings and Transcripts on my device
Where are the transcripts and recordings stored when using Otter Chrome extension and "record on my device" option
- (2023-06-29, v:2.18.2) Blaise Morita: Audio Volume/Quality
I am using Otter with my headphones and the volume for Zoom participants is very hard to hear. How can I adjust this so I can have usable audio recordings?
- (2023-06-07, v:2.18.2) Julia Labaton: Trouble Finding Transcriptions
Where do I access my Zoom mtg transcriptions?
- (2023-05-23, v:2.18.2) EDDNA BEATRIZ GALINDO GUTIERREZ: Reconocimiento del idioma español
Cordial saludo, La herramienta es muy útil. Las notas del idioma español son mal traducidas al ingles y por tanto no es posible hacer uso de ellas. El archivo del audio soporta la realización de las notas posterior. Solicito generen mejora en la herramienta. Atento saludo, Eddna Galindo
- (2023-03-30, v:2.17) Gina Vanderham: how to take transcript off a video?
How to do this-? where to drop the video?
- (2023-03-23, v:2.17) Susan Lengewa: Integration with Google Meets
My Otter assistant is having issues when joining Google meets meetings. In my previous meeting, the AI joined 10 minutes late and left after 14 seconds. Please help. I have the extension installed and it works well with zoom meetings. With the Google meets, it shows on the otter.ai that it's working on joining the meeting
- (2023-03-10, v:2.16) Daniel Ciccone: Español
Mis conversaciones son en castellano y noto que no puede interpretar el idioma español, hAy forma para hacer setting en español?
- (2023-02-09, v:2.15) Duda Musarra: Language
Can I transcribe meetings in Portuguese? How to change the language?
- (2023-02-01, v:2.15) Erik Ostebo: How do I get rid of your software?
I've blocked it's access to my domain through Gsuite, but your spyware keeps trying to join our meetings anyway, pretending to be users who are already in the meeting, and have never installed your software before. To state that again, for the public, Otter.ai will spoof users on your domain, to try to trick others into installing otter.ai. **FAIR WARNING** Install Otter.Ai at your own risk. I know I would never recommend this spyware masquerading as software to anyone.
- (2023-01-30, v:2.14) Vladimir Sadilovski: ridiculous permissions
Hello there, Please remove the need for block content on any site permission and modify google calendar permission. These two appeared today and I had to remove the extension. I don't know how it worked before without the above permissions. But I would like this to be rolled back before I start using it again. Thanks
- (2023-01-19, v:2.15) Julian Burton: Duplicate order value and otter google meet turns off randomly
HI how can I stop "duplicate order value" warning- it holds up my editing for several minutes each time I hightlight text- also otter google meet turns off randomly- what can I d please- thank you x
- (2023-01-17, v:2.15) Pat Haines: Refund from Business License with 1 Seat
I had a free version and upgraded it to Business with 1 seat to get more minutes. I now cannot get into Otter at all on my computer and would like to get a refund and go back to the free version and I'll just watch my minutes to make sure I do not go over. I have tried to get help from the help center but to no avail so would like a refund
- (2023-01-06, v:2.14) Stephanie Nakano: Bug: Calendar quick add widget is horizontally extended distorting the prompt window
In Google Calendar, while trying to Quick Add an event in Week view, Otter.ai's widget extends way out of the widget. To recreate, go to a day in Week view, click and drag an event over a time slot, release click to reveal Quick Add. The Otter.ai widget expands way outside of the borders causing the add window to be massive.
- (2022-12-15, v:2.13) Claire Rowberry: not recording eveyone
why has otter.ai stopped recording everyone in the meetings? When I press record it them only tracks what i'm saying which is not helpful at all
- (2022-03-05, v:2.13) Brenda Ferland: How to upload dcr file to otter
I am trying to upload a dcr file to otter to transcribe it. I get this message: Ignored the invalid format file
- (2022-03-01, v:2.13) Transcribot Admin: Idioma
Em português-br, por favor.
- (2021-12-17, v:2.13) El Len: pokemon go
het is te leuk hartje voor pokemon go en te verslaafend
- (2021-10-12, v:2.12) Omar Lopez-Samayoa: other languages
can you convert a Spanish audio to Spanish notes with this program?
- (2021-10-11, v:2.12) Parker Ault: Data retention?
Hi, I couldn't find any detailed information on your data retention policy. I'm reluctant to use this in company meetings without knowing if our proprietary IP will be saved on external servers or sold to third parties.
- (2021-09-15, v:2.10) Ali Ramzanali: Icons Not Visible
Have tried reinstalling the extension, but no luck. In console view, receiving: "Error retrieving icon :otter-close! Failed to set the 'innerHTML' property on 'Element': This document requires 'TrustedHTML' assignment." This applies for all icons on the extension overlay.
- (2021-09-12, v:2.10) Maximillian Jungreis: product broken
No longer x button in the top left corner to exit out of the otter service for google meet calls
- (2021-07-30, v:2.10) Rosa Lara: Otter Recording
I have been using otter for a while and worked just fine. Now when I am ready to record, it says page not found. Once I start the recording, it is blank. It shows that the time is running of the recording, but nothing gets recorded.
- (2021-07-09, v:2.9) Orlando Delgado: Using Headphone/Mic on Zoom calls.
I cannot seem to configure such that I can have a Zoom cal using my Bose Headset to record other than my own voice? Thanks
- (2021-06-17, v:2.9) Ettore Chiurazzi: Languages
Hi, is include the italian in the transcription?
- (2021-05-15, v:2.6) Carol Szymanski: importing error
I am trying to import a STE-004.way file and it is giving me the error code after I start to import. Please advise. Thanks, Carol
- (2021-03-23, v:2.6) Gail O Brien: Free otter ai service
Why can I not import videos for translate if I still have 600 free minutes. Thanks Gail
- (2021-02-02, v:2.6) Maria Hess: Extension won't open or work
I installed it, rebooted my browser (Version 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64), and when i click on it, nothing happens. uninstalled, reinstalled. nothing. suggestions?
- (2021-02-01, v:2.6) Khushi Rochwani: Doesn't even open on Mac Big Sur
I left-click on it, nothing happens. When I right click on it, it shows me the extension settings. There is no option to log into otter via extension or even record.
- (2021-01-31, v:2.6) Maria Celina Añaños: idioma
¿Hay posibilidad de seleccionar el idioma de la grabación?
- (2021-01-30, v:2.6) Bruce England: I see transcription for only me
Is there a way to include all meeting participants in what's transcribed?
- (2021-01-23, v:2.6) Tina Childress: Otter.ai Chrome Extension on Chromebook
After it asks me to log in, it takes me to a separate browser window to view the captions. Is it possible to see the in-app captions like on my MacBook Pro? Thanks.