Interact with a Jeopardy! game on the J-Archive website.
This extension modifies the content of the http://www.j-archive.com/ pages to provide a way for you to play along with the archived Jeopardy! games in the style of the tv-show. To use it, view any Jeopardy! game on the j-archive site and press one of the "Start" buttons that the extension adds to the webpage. You will be presented with a game board that you can step through using the spacebar, or click on clues of your own choosing. Keep track of your "Coryat" score as you go, and compare it to the combined "Coryat" score for the game. A NOTE about broken images: the J-archive site itself seems to have a lot of trouble with broken images in their clues, so if you see a broken resource, this is due to the site itself and not the fault of j-play. If enough people bug the J-archive site about it maybe it will get fixed. And a NOTE to those saying this doesn't work: the breakage was ages ago (when the J-archive site changed). If you would, please update your review. Thanks! Some recent releases: 1.2.9 & 1.2.8 - Added tie-breaker clue support (for rare tournaments). 1.2.7 - Improved the responses when Alex supplies extra info. 1.2.6 - Fixed some new formatting issues. 1.2.5 - Fixed breakage due to Chrome extension changes. 1.2.4 - Add text shadows. 1.2.3 & 1.2.2 - more response-parsing improvements 1.2.1 - handle banter and links in FJ clues 1.2.0 - add toggle for upper-casing clue text
- (2018-01-26) Kaicheng Liang: This works perfectly. I wish it would also work in 'offline' mode - sometimes I save a few game pages for offline playing but then the extension doesn't work when the URL doesn't show the origin to be j-archive.com.
- (2016-10-07) Mitchell Stookey: So awesome! Love that someone put this together. I was a little confused at first but reading the help (which was a little tricky to locate) finally explained it all. Very useful in tracking your own Coryat score.
- (2014-07-03) John Reilly: Works great, I use it to play with friends, much better than trivial pursuit or other quiz games. Prior reviews said it doesn't work, It must have been updated because it works fine for me. Must have if you like Jeopardy and competing against others.
- (2014-03-31) Peter Fusco: Doesn't work. No "start" button to be seen on any j-archive page.
- (2014-01-02) Tamra Rene: tried to load the game, it showed as being loaded but it never showed up, also couldn't uninstall it to try to reload it.