This extension extract bridge hands from results pages and load them into Bridge Solver Online
Bridge clubs publish results on various websites, together with diagrams of the boards showing which cards were held by each of the four players. Participants have an interest in finding out how boards could have been played in order to achieve a better result. The function of the Bridge Solver Chrome extension is to extract the hand records from results pages for use by my Bridge Solver Online app, which performs analysis and enables the user to investigate the optimum line of play. Simply navigate in the browser to the page containing the hand diagrams. The extension's icon at the right of the address bar will change to a green background. Click on it to acquire the deals. Makeable contracts, and par scores are calculated automatically. User selected contracts can be played interactively, with card by card guidance. For further details see the website.
- (2020-10-11) Freddie Wright: So glad I found this extension!
- (2020-07-17) Murali Nair: Excellent
- (2020-04-08) Irene Schipper: Ik zie geen bridge wat moet ik beoordelen????
- (2019-01-09) Bibhuram Halder: excellent
- (2018-03-22) Giovanni: Buona estensione. Risolve facilmente e brillantemente mani di bridge. E' possibile anche importarle da file o dal web
- (2018-01-22) Tony Kemp-Jones: Brilliant. I was tearing my hair out trying to make the number of tricks and this showed me how (an end play I would never have thought of).
- (2017-04-21) Chris Jones: A must for every keen bridge player. Can capture hands directly from results pages on major bridge websites and then play them in double dummy mode.
- (2017-04-21) Bridget Palle: Elegant clean display and invaluable for analysing my bridge results.
- (2021-04-21, v:1.25) Frank Paynter: Solver extension for Edge?
John, Thanks so much for your wonderful bridge solver extension for Chrome. I'm trying out the latest Edge browser, and I saw you mentioned above that your extension will work for the Edge browser. I searched the MS add-ons site, but didn't find anything with 'bridge' or 'Goacher'. Any hints as to how I get this to run as an extension to Edge? TIA, Frank
- (2020-10-11, v:1.21) Freddie Wright: No recognised hand diagrams on this page.
Sometimes, I get the error that no recognised hand diagrams are on the page for BBO, when there are. Logging out and logging back in fixes this, but I'd rather not have to go offline in the middle of a tournament and lose my current chat history. Any ideas? Thanks
- (2020-07-04, v:1.21) Murali Nair: Bridge Solver Online for Firefox browser
Do you have an extn for Firefox
- (2020-03-05, v:0.93) Eliza Kaye: I am trying to use Bridge Solver
I can't work out how to install it. I am using windows 7 (64 bit) with Chrome browser on a desktop. I don't like using my mobile phone - it is too small. I click on install and nothing happens. It state that this is supposed to be a free program, but when I go into install it only comes up on how to download drivers.
- (2019-06-01, v:0.9) Bob Champion: Quit working.
Hey, John. For two days now, whenever I load a BBO deal and click a green BS extension icon, I get the message: This site can’t be reached dds.bridgewebs.com’s server IP address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN I'm at [email protected] HELP!! PS: I've removed and re-added the extension without success.
- (2018-10-21, v:0.8) Bob Champion: Won't Load...
As of a few days ago, BS will not load using Chrome on a Mac. I even had problems with BBO. Seems Google has tightened up its security measures. Here is the message I get: This site can’t be reached dds.bridgewebs.com took too long to respond. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall ERR_TIMED_OUT
- (2016-10-20, v:0.2) sofware issue
How do I find "saved" hands (which I have custom input, or others downloaded from BBO)?