Make the internet faster and upgrade your search with Jump commands.
Jumprope gives you search superpowers and helps you navigate the web faster via commands. Jump commands allow you to to navigate websites like Gmail, Google Drive, Twitter, Github, and Facebook in the search bar by typing in a command. 👉 How do commands work? Jumprope uses commands called Jumps to resolve searches you make in your Chrome URL bar. For example, searching "fb beyonce" searches Facebook for Beyonce. 👉 What are the available shortcut commands? There are Jumps for many apps and use cases - or you can add your own. By default, Jumprope gives you some essential Jumps out of the box. To use Jumprope, start your search with a jump command. Here are some examples: - gd resume → Find your resume on Google Drive - twt election results → Search for election results on Twitter - azn tide pods → Find Tide pods on Amazon - ln Tim Draper→ Search for Tim Draper on Linkedin - m1 - Open your personal gmail - m2 - Open your work gmail ....and add your own! visit https://jumprope.ai to see the full list. 👉 Can you create custom commands? Jumprope also allows you to create custom commands, for example, you can create one named "standup" and add your zoom meeting URL to it. Whenever you type "standup" into your address bar, Jumprope automatically opens the zoom link for you. 👉 Can I share Jump commands with a company? Jumprope enables you to create organizations where you can invite multiple users to the workspaces. Commands added to the organizations can be used by all the members. For example, you can create a jump called "profile" that opens a profile in your database, so when you type "profile scott" it opens Scott's profile 👉 How does Jumprope work? Jumprope changes your browser search to check for the presence of special commands in your search terms. If it does not find a command, it defaults back to Google. For example, if you install Jumprope and search "twt joe rogan", it will open tweets about Joe Rogan as opposed to Google results. Since Jumps are resolved based on their URLs, Jumprope does not have access to any of your accounts or platforms. 👉 Why is Jumprope useful? Engineers, execs, founders, investors, and makers use Jumprope to speed up searching and jump right to results. It takes inspiration from a developer tool called a terminal that allows you to issue commands to specific programs.
- (2021-04-29) V: Registers itself as a search engine and redirects all searches through its own server (api.jumprope.ai, which still has debug enabled btw). An alternative they could have used is to register keywords under the omnibox API, although this would have limited their keyword options. This extension exposes your searches to them, which can easily be logged (and likely is). This extension is just such an unnecessary security and privacy risk.
- (2021-04-28) György Kiss (Walkman): It wants to control "On startup" settings with jumprope.ai and you can't disable this without disabling Jumprope itself.
- (2021-04-27) Tim B: It's an okay start but I can't add commands, it just takes me to their homepage when I click the "Add Command" button. I'd also like to change the default search engine to StartPage or some alternative to Google.
- (2021-02-05) Chiemerie Okorie: Jumprope is amazing, it reduces tasks that take 100s of actions to just 1 action and I Love it ❤️
- (2021-02-05) Scott Fitsimones: Jumprope makes browsing the web way faster. The commands I use the most are m1 and m2 to switch between gmail inboxes. The best way I can describe it is like setting up shortcut commands in your search bar. You can set commands to jump to websites you visit a lot, for example I have a zoom link for my company meetings I just set to the command zm. When I type zm, it opens. Easy.
- (2021-04-05, v:1.0.1) Siddardha: Unable to choose a different option for startup
When chrome launches, I have a preset of pages related to my work launch automatically. But now I am not able to choose them. Jumprope launches its homepage and its not really helping me there. Other than that, the extension works great
- (2021-03-17, v:1.0.1) Olga Duka: Please, contact me on the bug of your app
I used the app, tried a bit and deleted the extention. Low and behold, my chrome still launches with your website, which is now written as a default open page in my browser. None of my browser settings work, I cannot delete it from anywhere. How the hell is that even possible? And how am I supposed to fix it?
- (2021-03-09, v:1.0.1) Taylor Anderson: Start Page - Please make this optional
Why is it necessary for this app to open its own start page by default? It gets in the way of the other start page apps I use. Dealbreaker for me.
- (2021-03-05, v:1.0.1) Leah Vogtmann: Doesn't work on ChromeOS
I still get standard Google search results even when I use one of the built-in "commands".