Make your computer run smoothly by suspending the tabs you aren't using
A lightweight extension to reduce chrome's memory footprint. Perfect if you have a lot of tabs open at the same time. Tabs that have not been viewed after a configurable length of time will be automagically suspended in the background, freeing up the memory and CPU being consumed by that tab. ➤ Whitelist specific urls or domains that you do not want to suspend ➤ Optionally show screen capture of tab before it was suspended ➤ Vastly improves performance when restarting chrome with a large number of open tabs ➤ Detects tabs playing audio and can prevent them from suspending ➤ Detects tabs that contain forms with user input and can prevent them from suspending ➤ Configurable behaviour when browsing offline or on battery power ➤ Built from open source code for full transparency
- (2021-05-03) Peruca Labial: Indispensável extensão reduz o uso de memoria ram
- (2021-04-17) CP Gui: go to:"https://www.ghacks.net/2021/01/09/we-no-longer-recommend-the-chrome-extension-the-great-suspender-here-is-why/" then you know why
- (2021-04-04) Alexander Riese: They force you to update so they deserve this 1 star.
- (2021-04-01) Kozu Store: Never again
- (2021-03-20) Mayank Dhatwalia: Really helpful for the hecvy work shofers
- (2021-03-08) Dennis Evdokakis: Um, Is there a way to change the theme colors from white to dark. The standard option in settings, doesn't seem to work. Other than that great addon. I've been using it for years.
- (2021-03-07) Butterbot333: Ive loved it up until now but my browser has unistalled it claiming it to be contain a virus. Im guessing a new update messed things up so idk
- (2021-03-04) Virgil T: Hi Matt, do you have a private key for this extension? I intend to pack it and it asks for the key. Thank you.
- (2021-03-03) GoodStuffing123 Does: I use this extension all the time! It is one of the best chrome extensions that I have used and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has a lot of tabs open at a time. It really saves processing power so I can do a lot more with a lot more tabs!
- (2021-03-02) EBHaenger: before the great suspender got removed i was more than happy with it, but even if this should be an older version i just can not believe/ trust this extension for now to not also disappear like it did before without any warning at all at least. it wasn't fun to restore 80+ tabs...
- (2021-02-26) Khuram Murad: personally trusted app for more then 3 years. highly recommended.
- (2021-02-23) Cory Snejder: Thanks for this!
- (2021-02-22) Rahul Mittal: Thanks for bringing this back. Much needed to keep my system from frying up. And please don't be evil this time.
- (2021-02-22) Yonatan Hatsor: Hi Matt, thanks for uploading this - question: why does the extension suspends tabs after like 10 minutes, even though I updated the setting to be "after 2 hours"? What am I missing here / doing wrong? Thanks!
- (2021-02-21) Lindsey Parker: Amazing app.
- (2021-02-21) Tim Brachovski: Great extension, thanks!
- (2021-02-21) Igor K: Thanks for bringing it back, I can't believe I even donated to the previous developers!
- (2021-02-20) Рустам Сафаргалиев: Very good. Thank you!
- (2021-02-20) Pedro Fellipe: Seems as good as the previous version, so far. Can you fix an issue that has bothered me in forever: when I try to whitelist a single Youtube link (and similar sites that have an '?' in the urls, if I remember correctly) it instead whitelists the whole domain. Other than that, its really great.
- (2021-02-15) Chris M: Thanks, it is an old versions, thanks a lot!!!!
- (2021-02-14) Leon Mikulic: Hands down the best extension I'ever used. And this is the older version without malware. It will help me out so much. Thanks man.
- (2021-02-14) Beverley Mits: Yay! It's back, thanks for this!!!
- (2021-02-14) Sonic Sonic: Be Aware that this extension was sold and this is not from the same previous extension's author. Simply being sold does not mean that it is now a malware but developers found malicious tracking scripts, sending analytics to a suspicious host, inside this new version of The Great Suspender. My suggest is to try alternatives, search google the name of this extension for more information.
- (2021-02-13) Asaph Cheng Yao: How do I know if this version has any malicious tracking? Does Google have any safety checks before allowing this extension to be posted and installable?
- (2021-02-13) Markus Klein: Amazing extension. Thanks.
- (2021-02-12) Monica Heather: It's back! Great app.
- (2021-04-29, v:7.0.110) Sumway Lin: google says this extension contains malware.
The great suspender is disabled because it has malware.
- (2021-03-30, v:7.0.109) Michael Muryn: What happened exactly?
If you are the new maintainer, can you please shed light about everything transparently and tell us the whole truth? Why was this extension suspended (ironic for this extension named the Great Suspender)? (I understand there was apparently tracking code added, some potential ads fraud stuff, etc.) How was this reinstated if it did malicious stuff? How can we trust you after all this? What are your plans?
- (2021-03-22, v:7.0.109) WILL P. SILVA: Questions, please need answer
I was using some version enabled with developer mode, I think I found it on github I have a question, I have many suspended here atm, how do I import or change to your version... I will need to do 1 by 1 ? It was kinda painful, I have alot open Thank you for the perfect ext I donated you once.
- (2021-03-19, v:7.0.109) J Federico Herbert Diaz de la Vega Garibay: Donatting
Hello, your extension is very useful and I applaud it, now I have reinstalled it because before it stopped working indicating spam, and that is when it constantly notifies me, Have you already donated? to which I suggest: I am disabled and of very low resources, I must uninstall the application or what should I do? I can't donate
- (2021-03-07, v:7.0.109) Eugene Carr: "this app contains malware"
Your app just got turned off on my chrome browser with a notice "this app contains malware" - is that message valid or is there some malware on my browser infecting things :do you know anything about this? Am i the only on?
- (2021-02-19, v:7.0.109) Jorge Roques: Previous suspended tabs?
Hi, is it possible to recover the previously suspended tabs? (Chrome removed the extension but I had dozens of links open)