DesignerNews in your HackerNews so you can browse while you browse.
HipsterNews is an extension that makes HackerNews (news.ycombinator.com) look more like DesignerNews (news.layervault.com). It’s created and maintained by Matt Milosavljevic, you can find him as @mmilo on Twitter.
- (2013-06-26) Great styling for a great site
- (2013-04-08) The readability is absolutely shite when the comments tree braches too often. The gigantic tab size for each branch is ridiculous. It's a funny experiment but kind of an indictment when the "designer" version looks worse in a real-use context.
- (2013-04-01) Raitis Stengrevics: It's awesome, but could you please open-source the code and put it in GitHub so I can fork it and fix some annoying things? Thanks!
- (2013-02-26) Aleksander Gregorka: Please remove the padding between the title bar and actual news as it only takes up space. (delete <tr style="height:10px"></tr>)
- (2013-02-24) Tu Hoang: Like it. The HN theme always hurts me eyes and this is a nice treat.
- (2013-02-24) Patrick Stapleton: Comments tab needs to be fixed. I would rather have a logout icon since I never logout.