Chrome extension that automatically resumes downloads.
It is an open source Chrome extension that can automatically resume downloads that have been stopped for unintended reasons. The full source code of the program is publicly available on GitHub, and anyone can contribute if there is a bug or improvement. If you leave the switch on, it will automatically resume downloading paused in the background. You can manually set the time interval to trigger the resume and also check the program usage log. Usage. 1. Tap the icon to open the window. 2. Turn on the switch to run the program. The program will resume automatically stopped downloads in the background (⚠️If the program does not work properly, click the toggle button a few times and try again) 3. Checking "Apply to paused items" setting will automatically resume the download that you paused. 4. "Check time interval" sets the time interval for scanning stopped downloads. 5. Settings take effect when the apply button is pressed. 6. All events are recorded and visible on the log tab.
- (2022-06-23) Paul M: Doesn't work.
- (2022-06-08) Yuxin Fang: it works
- (2022-05-25) ZS yoo: It didn't work with auto-resume. It needs to push the apply button manually. if it is just a bug, I hope it to fix asap
- (2022-05-08) Brian Barnett: May '22 -- im on a chromebook, connected to a dd-wrt repeater bridge, WAN connection provided by rooted andoid phone's hotspot, service on T-mobile (Metro) 4G network. im using this extension, in conjunction with the Webtor.io extension, to DL shareware and open license media via torrent magnet link. the problem i was having was with the phone periodically dropping data for brief moment, which would pause my download. i would have to babysit the chromebook to resume downloads in the chrome browser's DL manager for the download to finish. i havent been using this extention for very long, but so far, it does function as expected. i am able to step away from the chromebook, and when i return, the download is running or finished. resolves my issue. side bar: the phone doesnt lose service when the connection stalls. i believe the issue is with the provider switching provisioning of the data connection depending on tower congestion. Metro is T-Mobiles official MVNO, and even tho they dont cut off data, or force to 3G speeds, after X GB used per month, it does lower my devices priority as deemed necessary. there is no timing interval or other apparent reason for the data drops. Webtor is a fine extension, which i highly recommend. resuming a download is usually no problem, as long as the link is still active (hasnt been a long time since paused). they offer the same service (its free, btw) on their site, but the extension associates magnet links with the extension, eliminating the need to copy magnet link address and paste into the sites search bar. much less of a hassle... just click the magnet link on the website, webtor opens in a new tab, and magnet link is preloaded. select file or a .zip of all in the folder, and youre on your way to torrent bliss. in my case, the stalling connection is the culprit. i live in a very rural area, and its my only reasonable option for internet for the time being. this extension is much appreciated to make the entire process practically as simple as using a typical torrent client, which my phone connection seems to block or slow down, even using a vpn.
- (2022-05-03) Molnar Gabor: Simple to use and configure, works perfectly.
- (2022-03-25) Evan Blievernicht: Only works when it feels like it
- (2022-03-18) APK: Quite handy especially when the network is not so stable..
- (2022-02-28) Chris Barker FAMILY: Wow, this has solved my downloads, which need resuming all the time, form so many sites these days that try to implement a timeout for each download.
- (2022-02-15) M F: Very useful extension and has a timer. Nice feature. Problem is basic functionality.....started using it less than a day ago and found that it stopped twice already. It had resumed more than 40 times in the logs the first time. Cleared logs then left the computer for a few hours and found it had stopped again and this time I counted log entries; 59 restarts. Maybe it has a limit of 60 or something. Maybe time as it was left for a few hours each time. Not sure. However it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether the laptop screen dims or switches off cos I've tested that. PC not set to hibernate so can't comment there. Please fix. Thanks
- (2022-01-11) r w: Just installed it. Found the checkbox is hidden under dark theme problematically
- (2021-12-06) Kabel kabel: not resume automatically, with it like without it unfortunately
- (2021-11-09) Lyle: works
- (2021-08-24) Kulled: works once, twice if you're lucky, then just stops working all together. it seems like a fairly simple concept I have no idea why this wouldn't work. edit: after using it for another day and checking the logs i found that it DOES work, but randomly stops for no reason. im changing my rating from 1 to 3 stars for this. do note that it wont work if your computer is locked (had to learn that the hard way)
- (2021-07-19) Robert Persson: I've followed the instructions. It simply doesn't do anything. I've been trying to download the trial version of Adobe Framemaker, which is 2.4GB, and which fails every few seconds. It doesn't resume. I have to keep manually clicking Resume.
- (2021-06-27) Talwick: So far it works well. Haven't tried the "apply to paused items" but I assume it resumes things paused manually. Seems useful if your connection starts fast and then slows down (like mine). I ran into a hiccup when installing (kind of my fault) where a download from a few days ago resumed (I hadn't yet closed Chrome) and - because I had my Download History open, the popup didn't open and it was downloading way down the list. Got me thinking... Might I suggest an option to make this extension check and ignore downloads beyond a certain time passed? Even just having it ignore anything a date more than 2 from today (to avoid the app stopping past midnight on a new day) would be great!
- (2021-05-17) Rocket Pak: No longer works properly. Will only resume when I toggle off and back on again but not automatically while toggled on.
- (2021-03-11) Mateo: It's really good. Since I installed it, it helped me resume my downloads effortlessly. Thanks
- (2021-03-11) Daryl Angelo Mortera: It stops occasionally, but it works.
- (2021-03-09) Jose d: I love it! No need to sit in front of a computer.
- (2021-03-07) Oscar Zheng: It works great, but sometimes it stops working
- (2021-03-05) Robert Williams: When it resumes, why does it start again at zero every time? I've got a shaky connection, and I need it to continue adding to what it has already downloaded, not start all over again. How does that help me? I never get my file downloaded.
- (2021-02-24) Marek Šlahor: Works perfectly
- (2021-02-22) 김범규: Very Useful
- (2021-02-22) 강성민: great
- (2021-02-20) Jose d: A useful program. But sometimes when it doesn't work, I have to turn the switch off and on.
- (2021-02-17) soul wk: works well