Integrated VTT for D&DBeyond
Turn your dndBeyond (DDB) campaign page into a VTT with AboveVTT - d&d made easy. AboveVTT is a all-in-1 chrome extension that allows you and your friends to turn your DDB Campaign page into a VTT session in seconds. No sign up, no fees, just your DDB account (free) and you are ready to go, With your DDB character sheet, 1 click maps, 1 click tokens (monsters & PCs), easy fog of war and more! Key features, advantages and DDB integrations: ⚡️ Use your DDB character sheet! HP, dice rolls, conditions & send spells, abilities, and even monster art directly to chat. ⚡️ 1-Click DBB monster tokens (Art,HP,AC) with clickable stat blocks (Hit, Dis/Adv, Crit) Including homebrew monsters. ⚡️ 1-Click official DDB maps (pre-grided by our discord community) including all player & DM versions from your purchased DDB modules. ⚡️ 1-Click 500+ battle maps supplied by Neutral Party, Dice Grimorium and hundreds of animated VIDEO maps. ⚡️ In-browser free video integration (Jitsi). -- ❗️PLEASE READ - DISCLAIMERs ❗️ + This is a passion project + The code is still 'Alpha', some pieces of the interface are still kinda ugly, and some bugs are to be expected. + Don't prep too much scenes in advance, as future updates might require you to rebuild the scene to get new 'features'. -- If you do try it, please send us your feedback by joining on the discord server https://discord.gg/cMkYKqGzRh / #session-feedback
- (2022-05-25) Dungeon Master: Simply amazing. Ties beautifully into dndbeyond. Hopefully support will be continued and possibly acquired by WotC to fully incorporate into dndbeyond. Perhaps even as a fully-featured downloadable app instead of a web-based interface.
- (2022-05-23) Robert Brandt: This is such a useful and easy to use tool if you use DnDBeyond.
- (2022-05-19) Rudi van der Walt: I've just started running Tomb of Annihilation online, with DNDBeyond for character sheets and owlbear rodeo for maps. Now don't get me wrong, Owlbear rodeo is really a great virtual tabletop and I still love it! But AboveVTT integrates with dndbeyond so seamlessly, and like the other reviewers have stated, is super simple to learn and use. Developer, I salute you! Well done for this!
- (2022-05-17) Kyle Knott: Above VTT is an awesome solution for running Dungeons and Dragons games for anyone that is (or wants to be) heavily invested in DnD Beyond.
- (2022-05-17) Vince Hamilton: 2022.05.16 I have used this extension for a month now as a player. I totally love it. I have access to all my DnDBeyond stuff and a simple click of anything shows up for the group / DM to see. My monitor runs at a 2K resolution so I have room to see everything, Chat Panel, DnDBeyond sheet, Map, Combat Tracker, and peoples faces. I support the creator on Patreon and wish that DnDBeyond would buy this and make it a part of their website.
- (2022-05-02) TDM Musashi: Been using AboveVTT for about two months and thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, it is still a bit rough around some edges. Nonetheless, it has provided me a generally easy to use, stable virtual tabletop as I relearn D&D in this new(-ish) 5th edition.
- (2022-04-29) Vactus: This is exactly what I have been wanting for a VTT with DDB integration. Free, open source, and it looks beautiful. Hundreds of free maps (including animated) already available and uploading your own is super easy. Resizing the grid properly for custom maps is also smoother than Roll20.
- (2022-04-13) Ryne Sechrist: My group and I were just talking about finding a VTT that supports dndbeyond. After a quick google search, we found that no VTT supports dndbeyond integration. However, we then found this extension and it has every feature we were looking for in a VTT plus the dndbeyond integration we wanted. We are beyond excited about this extension and look forward to the features to come! Amazing work!
- (2022-04-13) Rafael Duarte: Make Above VTT the real dnd exclusive and optimized Dnd VTT! This stuff is amazing, it gets you everything you need to pick up and play Dnd using your owned Beyhond stuff, like monsters, and auto grideed maps!! Prep time? No plz... Complicated uncesessary videogamy stuff? ( uncesessary dinamic light Im watching you! I dont close the payers eyes one by on when we play on a table XD ) No thanks... Play like you are on a table, like a table top should be? yes!!! Easy acess to spells and items description, easy rollable character sheets as well as monster sheets, nice and simple combat tracker, notes and journal! Cant stress enought how amazing this extention is! Amazing job, keep it up!
- (2022-04-13) Steve Vlaminck: Having a VTT built on top of DnDBeyond?... Genius! Playing games in the same place that all your content is makes everything feel much more cohesive. On top of that, AboveVTT is incredibly easy to use and super intuitive.
- (2022-04-13) Bain: Picked this up as an alternative to Roll20 and was blown away by the ease of use. I was up to speed in no time compared to setting up an encounter in R20. Hands down would not use another VTT ever again. Exceptional development team, support and community around this open source project.
- (2022-04-08) Jere Sandberg: Above VTT is the lowest bandwidth, highest performing VTT I've ever used. I've used Foundry, Astral, and Roll20, and Above VTT is the very best if you are running combat and character sheets from DNDBeyond. If not, it may still be a good choice. It is simply a Chrome Extension that inserts its code into DNDBeyond to create a virtual table top that interacts seamlessly with and improves upon DNDBeyond's combat tracker, monster manual, character sheets, and source material. Easy on the Bandwidth: Let's face it, most people who decided to move their DND to online don't have consistent rocket-fast internet and/or a SSD and loads of ram. You kinda need both to run the majority of online VTTs, especially when hoards of enemy tokens and complex maps covered in fog start to gum up the network. That's the main reason Above VTT is the best VTT, imu. It just doesn't take up the bandwidth that other VTT's do. FEATURES: FOG OF WAR is straightforward, if a smidge glitchy (only for the DM, I've never noticed it for the players). You have a RULER that can measure around corners. DRAWING is a little clunky, but it allows you to add features and details to you map. The best feature of all is the versatility of IMAGE UPLOADING. You can use ANY url to import an image. That means you can use images on websites (just right click on them and select "open image in new tab", copy the URL, and Paste it into Above VTT where you want it). You don't have to download them and then upload them. If you want to use something you already have on your computer, upload the image to google drive, allow sharing of the image with "anyone", and copy the image url and paste it into Above VTT. With the image versatility, I can upload token images for monsters that have generic tokens, I can upload several tokens and maps and keep them stored in above VTT for easy use, and I can access these all from the same page where my player and DM maps are. The MAP INTERFACE is pretty simple, with the greatest learning curve being the grid scaling and matching (also an INCREDIBLE feature!). Upload pictures with or without grids, make or match grids, scale your maps to fit average token sizes, name maps, and switch between them with or without your players' knowledge. You can even upload maps from owned source material on DNDBeyond!!! The COMBAT TRACKER is amazing! it auto-rolls initiative for all the monsters, and auto-updates turn order as your players roll from their character sheets, and there is seamless interactivity between tokens on the board, the combat tracker, and monster and player character sheets! It's brilliant! There are some clunky features, sure, but it is the BEST VTT by FAR imhu. ONE TIP FOR DMs: Use BOTH "Join as DM" and "Join aboveVTT" (as a player), and run both of these screens simultaneously until you get the hang of what you players see vs what you see: i.e. fog of war, zoom and map centering, token movement, and the like.
- (2022-04-01) Mike Natale: This is fantastic already and I look forward following the project as it's developed more.
- (2022-03-27) Corey Tyhurst: Extremely easy for DM's and Players, but still feature rich. If you use DnD Beyond then this should be your benchmark vs. all other VTT's.
- (2022-03-19) S Freeze Vond: Fantastic! With nearly flawless integration from DnD beyond source material. Easy to use and it's free! DnD beyond should buy it and develop it more!
- (2022-03-03) Christopher Brum: Best VTT I've used. Makes using dndbeyond even more of an asset! Best blend of features and simplicity.
- (2022-02-22) Tom: Using it for my campaign now, love the youtube maps. Only product I have ever patroned voluntarily. ever.
- (2022-02-22) Puppets in the Window: Thank you so very much for making exactly what I needed! I have been running FGU and Roll20 as both DM and player, and every time I would want to integrate all the cool new DnD Beyond content, I would have to code until my eyes bleed. I use Chrome AboveVTT and most of the controls are very intuitive, very user friendly. I have two sparkly new players to DnD and I have always sent people to DnD Beyond to create characters, since it is also very intuitive and explains it all. After a 5 minute tutorial I was ready to start my campaign. I plan to test out the voice integration this week.
- (2022-02-20) Kresto Kidd: Exactly what I needed to run my games! 5/5!!!!
- (2022-02-15) nathan maher: As an inexperienced DM running a campaign on-line, AboveVTT has been a saviour. Completely free for all players and simple to set up, it has no barriers to entry. My players still like pen and paper, so we mainly just use it for maps and tokens, but it has a whole lot more already and it's still in it's early stages of development. Brilliant.
- (2022-02-11) Steven Van Eckeren: AboveVTT outperforms any VTT I've tried before. It's intuitive to the point where I don't even have to explain any features, they just come naturally to my players. As a DM this tool is incredible also. While some features are still in development, the basics and essentials work near flawlessly. I can only see this extension getting better and better, already being better than any free or paid solution I've tried. Keep up the great work!
- (2022-02-07) Matt Courtemanche: Simple and it works! 100% integration with DnDBeyond purchases and characters. No hosting configurations to figure out. My only feature request would be a way to sync content across different computers. I made up a bunch of maps for my campaign on my desktop, and went to go run the game from my laptop and they aren't synced with my chrome account. I might be able to copy some files, but I can't find any instructions on this. If anyone knows, please reply and this could be a 5 start from me.
- (2022-02-04) santiago echenique: Great extention imma play it in my tv setup
- (2022-01-29) Mike: This VTT does everything I need it to do, which is an easy to use battle map with some helpful cool features. I don't need line of sight or full campaign tracking. I highly recommend using this.
- (2022-01-29) Rick Anderson: Fantastic - I've been using VTT's since the genre was born. I wanted to use something which had greater integration to dndbeyond where my content was without having to re-purchase. Above VTT blew me away with its deep integration and capabilities. Ran our first session tonight and it was super smooth. My players adopted immediately and we were quickly off and running. Wow!
- (2022-01-21) JonnyVicent: It's everything I've ever wanted. It's very easy to learn, get's the job done, and I can use all my content from dndbeyond with it, without paying for it a second time.
- (2022-01-12) jacob schmieg: Honestly amazing. With the amount of hard work put into this extension they could easily be charging prices close to the "main stream" competitors. The fact they can do what DNDBeyond is incapable of despite the massive revenue difference, this IS FREE, dumbfounds me. These creators deserve all the credit in the world, well done!
- (2022-01-03) Ben: A friend showed me this for the first time, and I was amazed. Is so user friendly that almost everyone can immediately work with it and the best thing is, I can access all my content from D&D Beyond for free. In Roll20 I need to buy all the modules, and that’s like twice the cost. It´s really easy to create a map or an encounter on the fly (if you have the content in D&D Beyond). Then a combat tracker with auto initiative rolling, just delicious. I used it just for like two sessions, but I like what I see. I can’t wait to see what the team is developing next.
- (2021-12-28) Luc Charette: Basic needs, basic fonctionnallity, all you need of a VTT and all the simplicity of it too. its not even finished and yet its already much better then anything else on the market. sorry but i don't need full blown addons management like foundry, sorry i dont need convoluted fonctions i'll never use like Roll20. Owlbear rodeo was great but was missing important features.... this is it, this Owlbear.rodeo but better ! hats off, continue the good work !
- (2021-12-25) Cinghiale Frollo: I cannot even start to tell you how awesome this is. If you use D&DBeyond then there is absolutely no reason why you should not get this FREE browser extension.
- (2021-12-24) Evan Ramsey: This has great potential and was enjoyable for the short amount of time i used it. as everyone has noticed it has some problems and I bet you are already looking into most of them. instead of rephrasing the same problems everyone is having i want to give some advice on how to make this vtt a common place for D&D Beyond. My first thought was I wander if the Creators of D&N Beyond would be interested in hiring or maybe partnering with you. If you had the support and finance of D&D Beyond behind you if would make the process easier and a end result more consumer friendly. I think would make dnd beyond your one stop place for all things dnd. they have the books, the community, the character creation but what they don't have is the VTT.
- (2021-12-19) Mage: Somehow, this is more stable than Roll20. It's perfect for newbies. The integration with dndbeyond is what makes this my favorite thing ever. Pull monsters directly from your sourcebooks!
- (2021-12-17) Kyle Richards: This is simply the best and easiest online tool for playing D&D.
- (2021-12-10) Thomas Thurner: I love this so much. This is so easy and fast.
- (2021-12-06) Chris Meece: DND Beyond account - Check Laptop/PC/or tablet - Check Boxes of Miniatures - Not needed Costly terrain - Not needed Printed source materials - Not needed Dice - Not needed (Wait, what am I saying?!?! Buy them anyway) I immediately cancelled my other costly VTT subscriptions because quite simply, this works better. Need a quick grided map for an impromptu encounter? A couple minutes tops. Need an easy to use combat tracker? Built in. Need a random summons a PC requests in under 15 seconds? It has it. Want to go on a week long vacation and have an extension that is even more awesome than last week? You've got it. Not only should you download this extension, seriously consider supporting AboveVTT on patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/AboveVTT )
- (2021-12-06) JcGareau: I was looking for a platform to integrate with DnD Beyond. It is the perfect tool: free, easy to use, integrates with all content acquired on DnD Beyond, free maps, ... Awesome product!
- (2021-12-05) Jacques Marino: Brilliant
- (2021-11-30) nate gonzalez: Hands down, the best, most user friendly VTT I have had the pleasure to use. If you use content from DNDbeyond, have players with not the most savvy computers/tech skills, and want a free/easy to install VTT, then look no further. Above has cut down my prep time as DM tremendously, and it is so easy to set up maps and encounters on the fly. Can't recommend enough. It's free, so you have nothing to lose..
- (2021-11-30) andrew thomas: Really impressive project. Already runs world's smoother then roll20 for me. And having access to all my DDB content right out of the gate is really nice. Keep it up!
- (2021-11-21) Eric Christensen: So, I've been trying to find a way to do DnD with my friends effectively over distance for about 2 years now. We've managed to convert our campaign into mostly theatre of the mind, and true role-play with the absence of a board and tokens, but it obviously doesn't feel quite right. I can't wait to show them how our game is about to return to our fondest memories. The team that works on this is fantastically helpful and responsive, the tools that are available are incredibly well integrated into D&D Beyond, and the UI is intuitive and USEFUL. There are occassionally products and people that come along in your life that you have to have. This is one of those situations. If you are using DnD Beyond, and need a solution to run your game at distance, or have any need for a virtual tabletop set up, then you can stop searching. This is it.
- (2021-11-16) Kyle Kroeker: AboveVTT is amazing! I am still in the process of setting up one of my campaigns to move it from Roll20 and I have yet to run into anything that it doesn't do that I need it to. Very excited to see what is ahead. It makes everything so much easier and so much faster switching from map to map.
- (2021-11-12) Creed3737: Amazing, does all the things I need, does them well, and no extra complications to slow the game down. Should be the official VTT.
- (2021-11-10) alexandru pites: The best VTT I have ever used! I can't recommend it enough. It has saved me so much time and money. The fact that it can access my paid from D&DBeyond is fantastic! It's also very easy to use and run games with.
- (2021-11-03) Jay Holt: just started, but if you use DNDbeyond, this looks like a cracking option for a VTT
- (2021-11-01) Nathan: Literally the biggest thing missing from DnDBeyond is a VTT. Literal Genius. Thank you!
- (2021-10-29) Thorsten Janßen: AboveVTT is a really good alternative to Roll20 and is, opposed to Roll20, fully integrated into DND Beyond. You basically play inside of DND Beyond. Drawbacks? Yes: dynamic lights are not integrated and fog is a bit cumbersome. But hey... it's free and you can use all of your maps from DND sourcebooks purchased on DND Beyond without buying them again on Roll20 ;) tl;dr: give it a try! And if you like it, consider becoming a Patreon!
- (2021-10-29) Dewayne Brzozowski: Just give it a try, it's free and its easy
- (2021-10-25) McKenna Stout: So awesome, as someone who uses DNDB as the main source for VTT, finally having a map extension is a life SAVER
- (2021-10-16) Angelos Koukos: Totally blown away! Keep up the good work!!!
- (2021-10-08) Miles Klein: Prepare to be impressed. If you have content in DDB, and want an easy, quick way to get into a campaign with friends, AboveVTT is amazing. DM Setup is quick, play is intuitive on both sides of the screen and THEY EVEN HAVE AN INTEGRATED VIDEOCHAT? Like, what? Best of all, the devs are super friendly and available in the Discord. Like anything in development and whose code is dependent upon the code of others, there can be hiccups at times but a message or two in the Discord gets them solved, usually before our next weekly session! I'd like to see you get that level of customer service someone else. =-) AboveVTT is clearly a labor of love and, honestly, addresses the worst parts of other VTTs for me and my group. And it's free. What's the worst that happens? You lose a few minutes having your mind blown?
- (2022-05-23, v:0.76.2) Robert Brandt: Sending whispers in chat.
When I, or my players, send a whisper in the chat, it shows a message box but no message. The message isn't noted as a whisper on either end either. Thank you very much for this vtt. I hope it rewards you as much as I find it useful. Cheers.
- (2022-05-18, v:0.76) K.J. Trotter: Animated Dice Rolls
Is it possible to see animated dice rolls for players other than myself versus JUST seeing their results?
- (2022-05-18, v:0.76) Rich Halter: Extension is on but its not loading in DND beyond
I'm using Chrome, I have the extension on and running but there isn't even an option under my campaigns to use AboveVTT?
- (2022-05-13, v:0.75) Liera Lolita: rolling feature
On my desktop my dice rolling feature will not work. I've tried reloading everything, removing and redownloading everything, updating everything, removing adblockers, the works. On my mobile devices it says its active, but on the desktop if I try to click the feature in the character sheet it will be on for a second and then automatically turn off. It randomly switched in the middle of a session which was a real pain in the butt. I also tried removing all caches and cookies. Im completely out of ideas as to what to do.
- (2022-04-23, v:0.74.1) Holden Farrar: Monster menu won't load
Since the last update where they added the abiliy for dms and players to be on different maps, the monster menu will not load, so I can't add any monsters to my scenes. I've tried removing and reinstalling the extension, and it still keeps doing it.
- (2022-04-06, v:0.74.1) Harold Staats: Let someone view a Campaign that is being played?
How do I as the DM let someone view and be a spectator?
- (2022-03-19, v:0.71.8) Tom Wardman: Call of the netherdeep
Hi, i purchased the call of the netherdeep campaign and when tring to load the maps and such for it they done load, everything else (other than the fact that you cannot copy the link address and add it) is fine but want to run this campaign and it wont load :( ive had others try and they cannot either. is there any help for this?
- (2022-03-10, v:0.71) Brian Silverwood: AOEs only snapping to grid?
It appears that when you draw any AOE it snaps to an intersection on the grid. Is there a means to change this to snap in the middle of a square? Otherwise, the spell effects won't be based upon the character's location and will be skewed on the map.
- (2022-02-09, v:0.69) Josh Swift: All Maps disappeared
Mid session my players suddenly said they couldnt see my maps, so i restarted the session thinking it was my connection, and now ALL my scenes have disappeared, im left with just the original "tavern" map and none of my 20+ scenes show up at all? Is there a reason for this?
- (2022-02-05, v:0.68) Ian Panth: Chat Feature
Is there a way to clear the chat?
- (2022-01-21, v:0.67) Chris Avis: Different scenes on different computer
Hi, I'm really enjoying this as a Chrome extension for my games. However, I'm having a problem where scenes (maps) that I created on one PC are not available on another PC. For instance, I created a map called Greenfast on my desktop PC. I have access to it when I Join as DM on the desktop. Yet, when I Join as DM (to the same campaign) from my laptop, that map and some others are not available. The same goes in the other order: if I create the map on the laptop, it's not available to the desktop. I'm using Chrome on both, logged into my Google account, and the browsers are in synch. I'd appreciate any advice on solving this. Thanks.
- (2021-12-12, v:0.64) Luc Charette: AboveVTT not working with one drive.
Maps cannot be loaded from my one drive. i have the shareable link that says everyone can see the image if they have the link. yet AboveVTT refuses to load the image. Honestly it would be greater if we could load images from our computers as well. i understand the need for cloud based solutions, but really it would be better if i could load them from my computer. but everything is saved on my one drive, so if i could get access to that. it would be great.
- (2021-11-27, v:0.63) Whitney Bush: Suddenly, all I can see is a black screen
Hello - I have a Windows laptop and have fun AboveVTT successfully in the past, but in the past couple of weeks, I am unable to see the map or characters. All other features are still available, but the extension really isn't usable for me since I can't see the tabletop itself. Have there been any recent updates that might be causing this? Is there some way to troubleshoot? Thank you!
- (2021-11-25, v:0.63) Nathan Baker: Single account multiple joins.
Started a campaign with my wife and friends a couple months ago. We originally created my wife's character on my DND Beyond account that I DM from as well, she's been playing from her computer. Found last night (probably several updates since the last session I'm sure) that when she tried to join the Above VTT session as her player, when I have already joined as a DM, nothing loaded for her other than the UI (no map, tokens etc). It honestly logically makes sense, so I'm sure it's intended behavior, just thought I might mention it in case it's not.
- (2021-11-05, v:0.60) luke mudie: fog of war
hi i have prepared my campain but the player map and dm map do not match with were i have placed the fog of war please can you hlep?
- (2021-10-30, v:0.60) Jere Sandberg: Double-click location indicator.
Can it be a brighter color than dark blue? or two-toned? The speed of the circle expansion and size are just right, but if you click on a dark area of the map, its hard to see the circle before it completes its cycle.
- (2021-10-30, v:0.60) Jere Sandberg: Hi, Token movement is not linked across various players" and DM's computers.
Hi, and THANK YOU for this Plugin! Genius! Problem: I (the DM) and my players all have Above VTT installed on google browsers and are all signed into our DND beyond accounts and are all in the same campaign. When my players move their tokens, they move for some of the other players on their individual maps, but not on my DM map. I also "Joined VTT" with a character in the campaign in another browser tab to see what the players see, and their token movement wasn't translated to that version of the map either. They sometimes can't see a change on their maps when I move their tokens either. I also can't see my player's double-click location indicators. (the dark-blue expanding circle).
- (2021-10-16, v:0.57) Scott Ganz: Searchable Maps
Really like what you've made! I will try it out soon with a new party and if it goes well I'll subscribe. One thing that it really needs though is a way to search and sort maps in the scene builder. Scrolling past them one click at a time is very difficult to use. I thought I saw an animated map of the entrance to Cragmaw Hideout but I just can't find it again, especially when maps are spread across multiple repos. Still, this is AWESOME. I have a game coming with new players and it's so great not having to teach them to use Roll20, DDB, and Beyond20 all at the same time.
- (2021-09-22, v:0.55) Pyro Moose: Screen is all grey for players
The screen is all grey for all of my players. I know that there aren't any problems with the fog and I can't see using their perspective either. Is there something wrong with the campaign or is it an extension problem?
- (2021-08-07, v:0.52) Samson Nguyen: The maps are black. The rolls aren't added to chat.
The maps are black. The rolls aren't added to chat. The DM could see the maps but none of the player could. We tried turning fog of war off. I think it's disconnected from dndbeyond?
- (2021-08-02, v:0.51) damian tier: DM Version of map
How do i enable the Dm version of my maps it says 1 but it doesnt seem to work.
- (2021-08-01, v:0.51) Mike Miller: Few suggestions
Loving the features and subscribed on Patreon to show my appreciation for what this can already do. We do have a few "nice to haves" if they could ever be done: 1) Copy/paste of monster tokens - A lot of the monsters in the MM don't have pictures because they're a type of a larger race, like a Sahuagin Priest. Once the DM goes through and finds an image they like and updates the token URL, they'd love to be able to duplicate that token instead of having to repeat the URL update on every individual token. 2) Clearer/faster syncing back to Beyond - This may not be possible due to web mechanics but I noticed that when reducing the HPs in the VTT, my sheet in Beyond wasn't updating, even upon Beyond refresh. From what I can tell, if you refresh VTT (which takes you back to the Campaign screen) and relaunch the VTT, then refresh your character sheet in Beyond, the updates to spell slots and HPs will sync up. We'll have to have our players do that at the end of each night so that Beyond stays up to date after encounters in VTT.
- (2021-07-10, v:0.51) Scott Moore: Importing Maps
Is it currently possible to import maps that I've bought and downloaded to my computer? i.e. I bought the complete first year of Oracle of War maps from Dungeon Master's Guild, I'm trying to run the oracle of war campaign but am having issues downloading the maps. Is this simply because your extention doesn't have the capability to download from a computer?
- (2021-06-02, v:0.48) David Meese: Loading maps from DNDBeyond in new scenes
For some reason, everything hangs when I try to add a scene and select a book like Curse of Strahd. I've tried several books, even small ones like Rrakkma, and it still hangs. Any suggestions?
- (2021-06-02, v:0.48) damian tier: Music
I noticed today that there is a music tab that has been added i however have no idea how to use it XD please help.
- (2021-05-24, v:0.46) Carry: Add descriptors or searchable tags for scenes?
I am a complete newbie and am learning some of this by trial and error, so far I've been really impressed with this. I have had trouble with scenes however - would love for the maps to pop out so I can see the landscape better before I choose them, or have descriptors in a scroll over (i.e. "dead marsh with decimated campsite" or "simple village with 6 buildings"). Maybe have them sorted by landscape type? Seaside village, lakes and streams, caves, etc. Also, would LOVE detailed user instructions for both GM and player. Like, explain it like I'm 5 type of instructions. I know the majority of your users may be more experienced but for people who want to jump in and check things out it would be great to have a robust tutorial, or a walkthrough of gameplay. :)
- (2021-05-18, v:0.46) Brad Grissom: DDB's Encounter Builder
Any plans to be able to add encounters to a scene from ones we've already built on DDB?
- (2021-04-18, v:0.37) Drail: Can't add characters
As the DM I cannot add any of my own character sheets to a campaign. Due to the limitations of content sharing, I play as a player in a friend's game that uses the same beyond campaign. However, I cannot add my own characters to the map, they dont appear in the list.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Control token outline colors
Obviously not a priority, but is there a way to allow the DM to change or set the outline colors of the tokens that are placed on the map? This could be useful for grouping, like when identifying two groups of the same kind of monster, or teams, etc. and could also be used in some games as more visible 'condition' or 'state' markers.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Roll for player initiatives
Could you add an option where, if enabled, the initiative roll button would also roll and add the initiative results for all the players in addition to the monsters? While I am sure most players roll their own initiative, this would be very helpful for some games.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Dead as a condition
Would it be possible to mark tokens (PCs or monsters) as 'dead' for games where the fallen remain on the field? In Roll20, there is a red 'X" that crosses out the token, or a small skull & crossbones that can be added as a marker, which is what some games use for this purpose.