Integrated VTT for D&DBeyond
Turn your dndBeyond (DDB) campaign page into a VTT with AboveVTT - d&d made easy. AboveVTT is a all-in-1 chrome extension that allows you and your friends to turn your DDB Campaign page into a VTT session in seconds. No sign up, no fees, just your DDB account (free) and you are ready to go, With your DDB character sheet, 1 click maps, 1 click tokens (monsters & PCs), easy fog of war and more! Key features, advantages and DDB integrations: ⚡️ Use your DDB character sheet! HP, dice rolls, conditions & send spells, abilities, and even monster art directly to chat. ⚡️ 1-Click DBB monster tokens (Art,HP,AC) with clickable stat blocks (Hit, Dis/Adv, Crit) Including homebrew monsters. ⚡️ 1-Click official DDB maps (pre-grided by our discord community) including all player & DM versions from your purchased DDB modules. ⚡️ 1-Click 500+ battle maps supplied by Neutral Party, Dice Grimorium and hundreds of animated VIDEO maps. ⚡️ In-browser free video integration (Jitsi). -- ❗️PLEASE READ - DISCLAIMERs ❗️ + This is a passion project + The code is still 'Alpha', some pieces of the interface are still kinda ugly, and some bugs are to be expected. + Don't prep too much scenes in advance, as future updates might require you to rebuild the scene to get new 'features'. -- If you do try it, please send us your feedback by joining on the discord server https://discord.gg/cMkYKqGzRh / #session-feedback
- (2021-05-10) Alexander Timm: A VTT cannot get any better for DDB than AboveVTT!
- (2021-05-07) Bjorn Hendrickx: So simple, intuitive and yet so good at what it does and needs to do!
- (2021-05-05) Finii Plays: This tool is the missing piece I was looking for with my DNDBeyond experience. Quick and easily leverage my resources which my players all have access to. No expensive hosting, no extra subscriptions required and all my players can just download the extension and press join in the campaign section of DNDBeyond to get a game running. Even though it is early development it is very usable. Can't recommend this highly enough.
- (2021-04-25) Reginald C: This is awesome keep up the create work!
- (2021-04-25) Blu Barrett: This thing is SO helpful. Even in at table in person play. The players can manage everything from their phones and nothing else is needed. Just played our 3.5th session and it was great. Only i was rolling actual dice. Keep up this fantastic work.
- (2021-04-22) Shoo: I am checking this out for the first time and holy smokes is it amazing! It seems to have everything the free version of Roll20 offers but the obvious advantage is that you don't have to purchase anything from the Roll20 store. It looks very simple and easy to use. The interface is straightforward and user-friendly. Great initiative! Hats off to the maker.:) As others have mentioned, it is in early development, so don't expect too much. But wow it's mind blowing what's already in here and working!!
- (2021-04-22) mick kanyuh: Outstanding already and only in Alpha! Using D&D Beyond's features and adding a map and video chat to it is exactly what all of the other VTTs are not doing. This is fantastic. And for some of my players with older computers it really helps not having 3 apps open at once.
- (2021-04-21) Eric White: Absolutely amazing and exactly what I have been looking for in a VTT. Great integration with everything I already own in D&D Beyond, and extremely simple to learn and use compared to other VTT options, while still having pretty much every feature I currently need. The fact that this is community made and isn't already an official feature in DDB is wild.
- (2021-04-21) Leonardo Zagallo: The. Best. Tool. For. Dndbeyond. Users. Simply made, extremely intuitive. Loved it. Recommend it. Still adapting my campaigns to it, but it is perfect for me. Updates every now and then. Go for it.
- (2021-04-21) Igal Maasen: Though not perfect (as it is still actively in development), this is an excellent VTT. It is also by far the most intuitive and easiest to use I've tried. Especially for those who have purchased their digital source material and content through dndbeyond. I have immediate and easy access to monsters, character sheets, and all my homebrew content. Also, the developer is reachable and very responsive to suggestions and reviews through their discord channel. Highly recommended!
- (2021-04-21) Jonathan Davis: Wow, AboveVTT is such a simple and easy to use VTT. It does everything I need it to without any of the cumbersome overhead of Roll20. (Well almost everything, it's still in early development.) The most amazing bit is how it fully integrates with all of the DnDBeyond content that I've purchased, and shared with my players.
- (2021-04-21) Kristopher McGinnis: Simply one of the best VTTs you'll find anywhere. The integration with dndbeyond is what dndbeyond should have had built into their site years ago.
- (2021-04-17) Thomas Crowe: Loading Maps scenes and character integration is super fast and efficient! I love how fast I can set up a new map. I look forward to updates coming.
- (2021-04-17) Sataniel Gaming: Don't waste your money on VTTs - get AVTT and experience ease!
- (2021-04-16) Marcus Burggraf: I didn't expect much but was blown away. No more cumbersome importing of DnD Beyond data into other VTT, just use DnD Beyond as the VTT! That's some outside the box thinking, love it! Has all the features you need to run a fun campaign.
- (2021-04-11) Virginia Lancianese: Quite simply the BEST VTT to operate with D&D Beyond. Simple and easy to learn in 5 minutes unlike the other paid VTTs out there. Runs on anything that can use a Chrome browser like Chromebooks etc. New features come out often however the basic foundation of the VTT does everything you need -- character and monster tokens, HP management, map importing, it's just fabulous! Thank you AboveVTT!
- (2021-04-03) Sam Brown: If you use DDB, then this is the VTT for you!
- (2021-03-23) Garrett Polson: Above VTT still in early development, so there are still plenty of features that would make it easier to use, but I still give it 5 stars because: 1) It's free, 2) It has a low learning curve, 3) It's convenient for someone like me who relies on D&D Beyond, 4) Even at this stage of development, it does almost everything I need it to. Above VTT conveniently integrates with D&D Beyond so well that it makes accessing stats and characters sheets quick and easy. Rolling for monsters is also very convenient and well-executed.
- (2021-03-22) Jamie Simpson: This is a simple, great and intuitive VTT option that links right into DNDBeyond without a hitch. The dev(s) are working hard to add things the community and users ask for within days, if not on the same day! Has made it so much easier to coordinate combat, handouts and maps for my part. Pulls monsters right from the DNDBeyond website with tokens that you can resize and move with ease. So valuable as having all your information in one space saves cluttering of browser tabs when you need to find something in session. It's all in front of you and ready to use.
- (2021-03-18) Mateusz Otczyk: It is honestly the simplest and fastest way to leverage your DNDBeyond content into a virtual table top. It's super early in development, so it's feature light, but it already does one thing better than any tool I tried - getting my players into a game and focusing them on it. There are no weird buttons, there is no synchronization involved, there's barely any setup involved, the maps load quickly (just don't make too many scenes) I tried many other tools before this - roll20, astral, tableplop, owlbear, foundry, shardvtt - all of them have many more features and are great in their own right, but this? It does just the things *I* need to do in a VTT. Show the map, place a token, organize combat with a tracker, and most of all have the statblocks Right. There. Again: no importing stuff into another tool, no buying extra licenses, no storage limits.
- (2021-03-17) Andrew Bartlett: Phenomenal extension that perfectly integrates DNDBeyond into an easy to use straight-forward VTT (Can also just upload your own maps too). My players and I were looking for a no nonsense VTT that didn't have so much finickyness such as Roll20 or Maptools in regards to setup and since using this Extension, there's no way I can go back.
- (2021-03-17) Nadav Brand: A great tool for GM's that want an easy all in 1 extension to run a dnd game online - Video, charachter sheet and monsters all in 1 place. set up a map in seconds loved it! if you use dnd beyond this is a no brainer. Note: this is still in Alpha but it's already AMAZING.
- (2021-03-16) Chad Lenny: Use D&D Beyond then this is the best thing since sliced bread. Makes adding maps for campaigns so easy for DM and Party
- (2021-03-16) Cameron David Warner: Simply the best VTT option out there right now. No need to buy the DnD Beyond content all over again. So cool to make my homebrew stuff in DnD Beyond appear here automatically. Super simple for me as a DM to set up maps. Fully-integrated video chat with Jitsi works great. No need for a separate video of voice chat app. And the best was my players added the extension, went clinked the link in DnD Beyond, and we we're playing in seconds. If you are new to DMing online and freaked out about the technical stuff, this is the option for you!
- (2021-03-16) Daniel Levitus: Great, simplistic, and easy to use VTT. If you use DNDBeyond and need a VTT to get to playing, this is a great place to start.
- (2021-03-04) Iain Russell: This has truly revolutionised how I use DndBeyond and the content I have purchased there. Amazing effort from just one incredibly innovative person. Awesome work.
- (2021-02-28) Dean Richetelle: Curse needs to hire them to make this official. It is amazing what one person can do that a whole company can't.
- (2021-04-18, v:0.37) Drail: Can't add characters
As the DM I cannot add any of my own character sheets to a campaign. Due to the limitations of content sharing, I play as a player in a friend's game that uses the same beyond campaign. However, I cannot add my own characters to the map, they dont appear in the list.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Control token outline colors
Obviously not a priority, but is there a way to allow the DM to change or set the outline colors of the tokens that are placed on the map? This could be useful for grouping, like when identifying two groups of the same kind of monster, or teams, etc. and could also be used in some games as more visible 'condition' or 'state' markers.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Roll for player initiatives
Could you add an option where, if enabled, the initiative roll button would also roll and add the initiative results for all the players in addition to the monsters? While I am sure most players roll their own initiative, this would be very helpful for some games.
- (2021-04-16, v:0.37) School Dungeon Master: Dead as a condition
Would it be possible to mark tokens (PCs or monsters) as 'dead' for games where the fallen remain on the field? In Roll20, there is a red 'X" that crosses out the token, or a small skull & crossbones that can be added as a marker, which is what some games use for this purpose.