Lichess, but prettier.
*NEW* Say hello to STREAMER MODE! Tired of Lichess not having the names and times above and below the board forcing you to have to create a crazy custom setup in streamlabs? Look for the "enable vertical layout" button on games to change the layout to something more streamer friendly. Lichess is an amazing platform that has more than just the ability to play chess, and all for free. Unfortunately I felt like it didn't show this well with it's current design, nor did it show it was a site that resides in 2021. Now with Prettier Lichess, Lichess becomes more readable, more discoverable, and prettier! Along with all the visual changes, users can also customize the colors of the site. Simply open the extension and start changing away. https://prettierlichess.github.io/
- (2021-11-17) Rakshit singh: Great extension
- (2021-11-13) Parth Sharma: So happy that usable extensions that actually add value exist. This is one of them.
- (2021-10-18) Shobha Agrawal: The team leader don't have option to creat tounaments
- (2021-09-21) GMH Hewei: very nice extention
- (2021-08-29) Fabricio S. Alves: Muito bom, queria algo assim no chess.com também!
- (2021-08-27) Francisco Albacete: Me ha encantado. Verdaderamente es mucho más bonito. ¿Habría alguna forma para que cuando se marca una casilla (que aparece un círculo) se coloreara completamente el círculo o el escaque al estilo chess.com?
- (2021-08-21) Henry Zaslow: It works well, but I wish there was an option to turn it off and enjoy normal lichess as well
- (2021-07-24) Sed Lyf: Amazing extension, the option to customize the colours ourselves also makes it so much better!
- (2021-07-03) Arnav Bhandari: This makes lichess much more visually appealing and the customization is amazing. However, the click registration is way off in the analysis board (not in game). I use a different browser that does not have the extension installed to use the analysis board.
- (2021-06-03) Are you sure about that: Very much a great visual upgrade, 10/10 would recommend... However, where is the play computer option?
- (2021-05-25) Rishabh: great app, does what its name is makes lichess prettier absolutely love it
- (2021-05-13) Dragon: Absolutely beautiful extension. Not only that it is easy to use and to customize, but it's also (like Lichess itself) open-source. You should definitly support such selfmade and community friendly projects.
- (2021-05-11) V I J A Y Krishna: im having a font bug what to do ?
- (2021-04-17) M Tarek: i feel like decreasing the padding would make it literally perfect, as of now i have to use it on 60% page zoom to make it usable. one of lichess's problems is already big padding for the ui, that's why most people use lichess on 80% zoom, and this extension makes it even bigger. in conclusion decreasing the padding or at least giving an option in the pop up menu would be awesome
- (2021-04-13) Etzstyy: Hey, I love this extension and it just got an update with a bunch of features but it seems I cant change the colours of any of it anymore... the colour circles don't show up. I tried it on chrome and on edge and nothing works so if the creator sees this I'm just hoping they can look into it. It could just be me? Great extension none the less 10/10
- (2021-04-12) Tomi Taiwo: Delete the extension lol 320 Greene Avenue Apartment 1 Brooklyn, NY 11238 United States
- (2021-04-10) Rafael Oliveira: Looks good but in portuguese there is a problem. the word "puzzles" in portuguese is "quebra-cabeça" so when you install the extension the layout doesnt work and the word get over the board becuse its a big word. when you try to click the piece in the board you accidentaly click in the puzzle. please fix that thanks. Edit: Yep its fixed! Nice work! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- (2021-04-08) sniff: this extension is absolutely amazing. as a programmer, I absolutely love seeing other programmers making such amazing contributions which mirror their passions. This extension does exactly what it's designed to do. Show Lichess as a beautiful website that belongs in 2021, and mirror the amazing and beautiful functionalities of the site with a wonderful presentation. The author of this extension put in hard work and shows admirable skill to make this and the result is absolutely astonishing. I am extremely grateful to the author, and I am extremely glad people like him/ her are a part of the wonderful community that lies within Lichess.
- (2021-04-08) Ti Donnelly: Looks amazing
- (2021-04-04) Kenneth Manuel Lieyanto: Very cool
- (2021-04-01) Topias Piukkula: Good and clean, but is there any way to change the color of the secondary font, which appears during a game? (the box with the moves). Chat font is white, but the moves box font color is greyish which makes the writing hard to distinguish with almost any background color.
- (2021-03-25) Sebastian Zimmer: I think it's, makes lichess into the best looking (already the most functional) chess site.
- (2021-03-11) Steve Kovach: This is fantastic. I hope it gets more attention. It would be cool if this was implemented directly into the site as an aesthetic option.
- (2021-02-28) Ulises Castillo: It looks awesome, but suddenly start to fail. Now it no longer show how its supposed to, i dont know why, didnt install anything else.
- (2021-02-28) Vlad Ukraintsev: this is awesome!
- (2021-02-26) James York: Does exactly what it says on the tin: makes Lichess even prettier.
- (2021-02-25) Philip Adams: This is by far the best chrome extension I've ever used to customize Lichess. It's especially impressive as this is still very new. There are a couple things I've noticed however (I'm nitpicky when it comes to design). The first thing is the horizontal navigation bar thing with play, puzzles, etc. gets slightly smaller when scrolling over it. Also, the capitalization of the first letter is a bit inconsistent throughout the design, I feel like a snobby chess player just saying that. The last things I noticed I'm not sure are possible to change easily. If there were better animations when clicking a piece and clicking a square to move it to, that would be great. And the arrows are in need of a revamp. Overall, the website looks great. Highly recommend this extension.
- (2021-02-25) Trxps: Looks fantastic!
- (2021-02-23) Rob Bolz: he aint no dibble designer
- (2021-02-22) Jack Trego: un joli lichess, qui pourrait l'imaginer ! vouz m'avez sauvé les yeux du site actuel grotesque et vulgaire de lichess.org
- (2021-02-22) Dylan Gross: its good. use it?
- (2021-05-12, v:2.0.4) Micah: Font Bug
Hi, it looks like some of the fonts have reset, for example the Lichess logo at the top right has changed to Times New Roman. Is there any way to change this? Thank you!
- (2021-04-14, v:2.0.0) Etzstyy: The colour bubbles on the extension tab aren't showing anymore after the new update.
I'm not sure if this is just for me but it seems that I cannot change the colour of anything on the extension unless I import or export saves. I have tried to fix it by using it on both chrome and edge but nothing works. It has been like this since yesterday so if you could fix this that would be great. Thanks
- (2021-03-06, v:0.1.1) Ori Eliyahu: bug with the volume slider