Chrome extension to hide all images by default and show images again with click of icon.
Hides images on a website, shows images temporarily on hover. Shows images again by clicking the extension icon. Hide/Show preference works on a per-domain basis, meaning you can have one website hide images and another show them. Preference is saved automatically using HTML5 LocalStorage. Updated 12/07/2015 -- Now you can hide background images by toggling a setting (right click on the extension icon to find the setting). Note that this applies to all websites when toggled and may cause unwanted effects (ex: may hide button icons). Updated again to fix default hide status. This is an open source project under the MIT license. Note: it does not currently work on videos, or other media.
- (2019-12-10) I Y: I'm using very very usefulm but could you make option not start when first loading page?
- (2019-05-22) Raymond Evans: I love this extension, but I always need to add and remove it because there isn't an option to chose the default behavior. (Hide by default or show by default) Also, an option to delay before displaying images would be awesome.
- (2019-05-14) Jun Yu: tried many, this is the best!
- (2018-11-20) Günther Bosch: Not hiding images. Options are greyed out in the right-click-menu on the icon.
- (2018-10-28) S Tan: Loads the images but doesn't show them. Rather it not load images at all.
- (2018-07-16) Rob Haughey: It sometimes hides more than just images such as paragraphs of text. eg at: https://investingcaffeine.com/2010/04/14/john-mauldin-the-man-who-cries-wolf/
- (2018-04-01) Cesar Silva: You did right by hiding all images but yet being able to show while hovering the mouse. In reality we don't need hide all or nothing solution, many sites we need to hide most but be able to see some images. The hovering idea was awesome since we need to quickly see images to understand the content. However it sometimes allow little accidents showing horrible images when we are just moving around. Maybe a configurable delay would solve this. Or only execute the function to show after the mouse pointer stops for X mileseconds. Very Godd work!
- (2017-02-18) Tariq: The extension hides the images by default?! are you kidding!! Please add an option for the users to decide. and release an update with it soon please.
- (2017-01-10) Thiên Luân Đinh: Please add options to turn off the mouse-over function. Sometimes the image which is showed by accident is indeed an awful accident ;)
- (2016-02-20) Perfect!
- (2015-12-06) Mr Techson: Short and Sweet love this extension. Love the hide and mouse over to show feature. Pages are faster and I not overwhelmed by all the pics. This helps keep the distraction of looking at unwanted captions and pictures from your wandering eyes. This increases productivity as well. Add this to your arsenal you will be happy you did. Would like it to stay on by default when clicking on pages that open in another tab.
- (2015-12-03) Jasper Campbell: If you don't want any images to appear, this is the extension for you!
- (2018-04-11, v:0.2.8) Giorgio Ursu: image hider have not an on/off option
and by default I want it to be set to off.
- (2017-06-12, v:0.2.8) Husman Ahmed: image hider is enabled by default for most sites
image hider is enabled by default for most sites. How can I only turn it on when I need to?