Expand those Pesky URLs
Fed up of having all those links being shortened and leading you to pages that you don't know. Well not anymore. How does it work? All you have to do is install this extension and leave it. Every page you visit will have all the links scanned. When it finds one that is shortened it will send that link to a dedicated server that will follow it through and acquire the final destination. Then return that URL so you can see exactly where it goes. Pretty neat right? Currently only supports shortened links from: -bit.ly -amzn.to -goo.gl -t.co -lnkd.in -db.tt -dqr.ae -cur.lv -ow.ly -ity.im -q.gs -is.gd -j.mp -cutt.us -u.bb -x.co -v.gd -tr.im -bit.do
- (2018-08-31) Giancarlo Riccio: it doesn't work (GET https://urlexpander.co.uk/url/goo.glF-SyxpKix/ fail)
- (2017-10-25) Akio Crimson: To test, went to a scammy facebook page where the comments always contain some shortened urls. This extension didn't change any of them. Went to a permalink for a comment so its only 1 shortened url and nothing else, still didn't change it.
- (2017-09-14) Haybeseret: Same here.. does not work. Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rc1iEsxjb8 and in the description of the video there are bit.ly link which are not being resolved.
- (2017-06-04) Vinícius Gabriel: Doesn't work!
- (2017-04-03) Jared Elliott: Doesn't work.