Open web pages by entering keywords instead of full URLs. It is faster and more reliable.
Sometimes typing a URL is faster than opening a bookmark. ⚡️Search Bar Shortcuts (Omnibox shortcuts) are built for people who often access some websites this way. The extension makes it even quicker, more reliable & predictable. ⭐️How it works 1. Set the shortcut and the link it should open (like "e" = example.com); 2. Type the shortcut into the browser search bar and hit ↵Enter; 3. Instead of your search engine page, the extension opens the page you defined. ✅ Extension RUNS LOCALLY on your device. No data/request is ever sent or received. Note: to achieve a natural feel, and due to technical limitations, the search results page actually opens. Then the extension reads your search request. If it matches one of the shortcuts, the page gets immediately replaced with the set page. This is why the extension requests access to your search engine page. ⭐️Supported 🔗 Link types: http, https, ftp, local files (works only in some browsers). 🕵️♂️ Search engines: Most popular ones (we are not allowed to list them here) 💻 Browsers: Chromium browsers, FF and Safari 💡Usage ideas/examples 1. Get straight to the needed page (avoid home, welcome, and other pages on your way to your everyday content). Example: Open your project management application boards bypassing the home page 2. Open the same pages with different accounts. Example: Google uses different URLs to open different accounts for Gmail, Calendar & other products. You can set 'g1' to open your personal Gmail and 'g2' - for the work one. 3. Open your company page without typing the exact URL. Example: Usually, organizations have multiple pages on their domain. SaaS companies can additionally have app subdomains. Because of this, when you type http://company.com/ or http://app.company.com/, many suggestions appear, which do not always match what you need. Set 'app' for your SaaS app page, 'ccom' for the company home page. It makes entering the page quick and reliable, just type the shortcut and you're guaranteed to open that exact page. 👀Additional suggestions 1. To avoid coincidence with your real search requests use short text for your shortcuts that is unlikely to ever become the word you search for. 2. You may use special characters at the beginning of the shortcuts to make it even less likely to be your search request. For example, you can use a dash '-ccom'.
- (2023-09-22) Dalibor Pavicic: Works great and improves my productivity!
- (2023-08-13) Radek B.: Does NOT work. Don't waste Your time. No manual about searchurl parameters. Tried https://www.google.com/search?q=[?,s,t,%s(like std. search engines),%t] - none of has worked....
- (2022-08-04) Szymon Duda: Super simple to setup and works like a charm!
- (2022-06-16) Lilith Shoemaker: One of my favorite extensions - great experience, so easy to use, and saves me so much time and irritation throughout the day. Simply life changing in my work flow.
- (2021-08-23) c云上打工: doesn't work
- (2021-08-04) ekarron: Deserves more love
- (2021-04-12) Gabriel Maldonado: Great free extension. Makes my life much more easier in Chrome. Thanks for supporting other browsers
- (2022-08-18, v:1.0.1) Ron Kanter: Distribute Shortcuts to multiple users
Is there a way to setup shortcuts for an entire company, or, at least, for multiple users?