Tired of paywalls? Let a machine dream up the articles you can't see.
Behind the paywall is an experiment that uses artificial intelligence to dream up the article that is hidden behind the paywall. A text generating model tries to complete a given article using its headline and lead as its input. The model has been trained on thousands of old articles from The New York Times. With this training, it’s able to output a surprisingly convincing article using just the snippets of text not hidden by the paywall. 📝📝 Important note📝 📝 The plugin is only designed for articles at https://www.nytimes.com/ and will not necessarily work on all of them. You will need a bit of patience when generating the articles, it typically takes a few minutes the first time you run it.
- (2022-07-13) NegativeGalaxy: it doesn't work
- (2022-05-27) Deven: Its not even usable. Does not open at all.
- (2022-05-26) Rebekka Smith: Does not work
- (2022-02-10) Luce Queen: Still doesn't work.
- (2021-11-12) Leon T: Doesn't work