Escape distractions while writing: Difree offers a serene, focused space to unleash creativity.
- (2023-07-14) sasa: 5 stars only not to ruin your good rating. Doesn't work on Windows 7. It says 'unable to unpack the extension' after installation. What a shame, seems like a nice app :(
- (2023-06-29) Rene Pieters: Always works. Always available. Would improve with a setting to focus more on plain text, with mono-spaced font and removal of any formatting or markup.
- (2023-06-28) J. Salmonson (darkocean): Wow, is this nice! And it's free? Hurray! I second wanting a dark mode, I write at night mostly so this would save on eye strain. Thanks. For a free extension/app nothing else is wanted, thank you very much! - Nope I'm wrong, I am using a dark theme for my browser and can't see the icon, consider highlighting or adding a backdrop to make it visible? Update: for premium if you ever go there; add in convert to pdf .txt files, word files and maybe a session goal to entice people to do so. ^-~ The writing site, I'm on has a horrible text editor it's long on width and short on height, I'm so glad to have this room to type!
- (2023-05-28) Antoni Munar: Very nice really distraction free editor. Since it is embedded in chrome, I use to take notes from the papers I read, the editor in on screen, the paper or article in the other one, both distraction free. Will be very nice if for the formatting (header, normal) we had shortcuts, so not have to resort to the mouse, but more a thing of personal taste than a real shortcoming ... Thanks guys of df ...
- (2023-05-18) U D: Really love this writing software. It saves your documents very well, and I have yet to have any issues with the interface. Very clean, minimalist, and great for using as a "Focus Writer"-esque app. I think my only two recommendations (as of 5/18/2023, if anyone's still developing this<3 Shout out to the coders and creators on this one. Great job.): 1. Just the ability to change fonts. Or at least a few minimal different font options? 2. The ability to name your notes. I keep not being able to tell them apart so I just tend to keep two documents open to get around it. Thank you guys for the app. It's perfect just how it is if that's as far as it went but it's really a great application.
- (2023-05-16) Loretta Davis: Very simple word/text editor with options for Bold, Italics, Underline, Align-to-Left, Align-to-Right. I like it.
- (2023-04-28) Eric Fritz: It's fine as an editor, however I need a text editor that will allow me to edit files directly on Google Drive. This does not.
- (2023-02-18) Wilton Ribeiro: Nice job :D
- (2023-02-02) Cheng Lu: Honestly great and simple
- (2023-01-16) Jim: Is there or will there be a backup option?
- (2022-12-18) Adam Vinokoor: A great solution when you need a quick and distraction-free canvas for taking notes. Using it for both work and home browsers :)
- (2022-12-05) Oliver Ottner: great, thank you!
- (2022-11-20) zerosix: If spellchecking or Grammerly works with this ext, it would be great.
- (2022-09-21) David Hance: An attractive new text editor, eager to meet my needs!
- (2022-01-21) Niranjan Sathyamurthy: Hey Aleksander, Thank you for a very cool QoL text editor! Seconding the need for a dark mode! Also some other questions I've got in no particular order: 1. Does the editor copy text with markdown? Because when I tried to copy a reddit comment that I spent some time typing and then tried to paste into reddit, it didn't preserve any of the formatting. I'm using old Reddit if that helps. 2. Are there plans to add saving/drafts feature? Sometimes, I write stuff initially, but have to save for latter to either add citations/links or would have to do some research and I'd like the ability to be able to save stuff on there that I could come back to later. 3. I see buttons for adding links/images on the Difree interface screenshots on the website, but in my actual editor those buttons are absent. I checked to see if there were some options I needed to enable, but there's no options menu either. Am I doing something wrong? Or are those features not present in the current version? Thank you for an awesome extension and I hope you continue to make this even better!
- (2021-07-15) Paarthu Reddy: This is a really good extension, but I wished there was a Dark mode and a way for it to only open a small window to just take quick notes