Acts as a reading ruler, helping to keep an eye on a line of text with a mouse.
## Data Protection FAQ: - Does the extension collect any user data? - No, the Reading Ruler does not collect any kind of data. - Does the extension track users? - No, the Reading Ruler does not track users. - Does the extension send data to any server? - No, the Reading Ruler does not use any kind of server connection. All the processing is doing locally. - Why does the extension need 'read and change websites' permission? - Because the Reading Ruler needs the information of website elements to calculate and render the ruler.
- (2020-02-08) Ali Tekdemir: Çok beğendim. Sürekli tıklayarak takip etmek alışkanlığımdan kurtaracak bir eklenti gibi. Benim gibi iki üç kere tıklayıp maviye dönüştürüp metni kaybetmemeye alıştıysanız çok pratik olabilir sizler için.
- (2019-12-12) Kita: It is actually pretty good because it works on PDFs, but you can't change the "reading line".
- (2019-08-17) Saša Živković: so simple and easy to use and it works just great...
- (2019-04-19) Jason Tee: It is works! I find it helpful.
- (2019-03-06) M R: Helps
- (2018-12-01) Annie .B: I love it! Very useful when you struggle with reading long texts. I wish there was an option to change the color and opacity of the ruler, though. That would be perfect!
- (2018-10-19) Initially, I thought the highlight is too clear but after using it, for a while, you get used to it. It's not intrusive. Perfect for reading.
- (2018-10-17) Mojtaba Vahdati: Add configurations please.
- (2018-04-24) John Doe: Amazingly simple and light. Thanks! @Dev - I noticed some serious memory hogs when turning the readingline while having many tabs open. This is caused by toggleIcon looping through all tabs and updating the icon. To fix this you can call chrome.browserAction.setIcon without the tabId parameter to update the icon in all tabs. I applied the fix locally and now my browser doesn't freeze up anymore.
- (2017-10-30) Fahd Khan: Great tool! Only downside is lack of configuration. The highlight is very light.
- (2019-08-17, v:0.0.1) Saša Živković: auto turn on option
what i'd like to see is simple editable list of domains, divided by new line, or whatever and with wildcards like google.*, that will automatically turn this extension on once visited... call me lazy, but...
- (2018-10-22, v:0.0.1) Opacity
I need more opacity. I can barely watch the line.
- (2018-08-30, v:0.0.1) Leillani Nakamura: Options for ReadingLine
It would be great if you added options for users such as color or transparency.
- (2018-05-30, v:0.0.1) Rene: Use on pdf
It would be great if I can use this to read a pdf
- (2018-03-19, v:0.0.1) Add options setting to set color
Would be great to be able to adjust the settings on the line as well as set the size of the reading line.
- (2017-10-30, v:0.0.1) Fahd Khan: Darker line (or configurable)
Interested in making the highlight color configurable? I'd prefer it darker personally. An easy way to do this would be to just supply a keypress to make it darker/lighter. That way you don't have to build any additional UI.