Acts as a reading ruler, helping to keep an eye on a line of text with a mouse.
## Data Protection FAQ: - Does the extension collect any user data? - No, the Reading Ruler does not collect any kind of data. - Does the extension track users? - No, the Reading Ruler does not track users. - Does the extension send data to any server? - No, the Reading Ruler does not use any kind of server connection. All the processing is doing locally. - Why does the extension need 'read and change websites' permission? - Because the Reading Ruler needs the information of website elements to calculate and render the ruler.
- (2023-10-14) Cindy Bahl (Cindy): Updated review October 2023: Waste to install it. It is not helpful at all. See my original review... Original review: Not impressed. All it does it add a highlighter line. There are zero controls over it. Uninstalling.
- (2023-10-08) Michal R: It works very well for web pages. Thank you. But can you also make it work for opened PDF files in the browser?
- (2023-03-15) Spncr Rbrt: Group 17 plz fix this 😩
- (2023-01-27) Dustin Fox: Thank you for being the only extension that provides this incredibly important accessibility feature. I can not believe this is the only plugin that actually works. Even if there is no customization, at least it works.
- (2023-01-25) Akash Soedamah: Just what I needed... A sentence/line highlighter on hover or in this case, just a simple ruler (without config) that tracks my mouse position.
- (2021-11-19) Antoine Rougé: I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IT SORRY
- (2021-10-02) Владислав Виноградов: Хотелось бы выбрать цвет и чтобы в открытых книгах формата epub в яндекс браузере указка тоже отображалась.
- (2021-09-28) David Pasion: Most of the best browser extensions offer flexibility with their settings and configurability. This is a competent piece of software, but not nearly as good as the previously stated. This extension should also accomodate PDF files and other forms of content that the developers left out. The option to add shortcut keys is also present in many other extensions, and it isn't here. Adjusting the settings for the color, opacity, and other attributes of the line should have been included as well. There are simply too many to enumerate. In conclusion, this is an amateur-level program that was not given enough attention.
- (2021-09-08) Farhan Hussain: There should be an option to change color. Its not usable on dark background themes.
- (2021-06-24) Rogerio M. Souza: Sensational! It's a handy tool for optimizing the site's reads. I recommend. ------------------------------------------------------------- Sensacional! É uma mão na roda para otimizar as leituras do site. Recomendo.
- (2021-05-12) Todd Berger: Meh. not great.
- (2021-04-27) Chaotic Chaos: It doesn't seem to work on ao3 which is the site that I need it for, but it works in other places just fine.
- (2021-03-09) Paloma Saco-Vertiz: Only one that works on PDFs, but line can be too thin and color too light. Customization is needed to make it perfect.
- (2021-02-17) Alexander Nigrine: It seems to work well on websites, but when viewing a PDF it does not work well. It sometimes moves, but not consistently or in a way that can be controlled easily or quickly.
- (2021-02-03) Jean M: This extension is super great! simple and easy to use!!
- (2021-01-08) Lucy Gray: This is a lot less glitchy than other similar extensions I have tried and love that it is compatible with more websites and PDFs too but would love to be able to change the colour of the line to make it more visible and even easier to read then it would get 5 stars
- (2020-12-17) zuyuri: Please add more customization options for the reading line. i can read just fine, but its hard to focus on it when its so light and it barely works on dark mode
- (2020-12-05) Christopher Breland: Great app recommend downloading it. Main reason I wrote this is I like it but like others post it would be even nicer to have an options/configure for it so one can change some properties of the line such as: color, transparency, size, and [emaybe] invert colors. I have been using dark mode and cannot use it the normal way of being over text but can underline the sentence.but not as good
- (2020-12-04) Anna: I really like it but i wish it was a bit darker
- (2020-11-27) Jason Meyer: I would absolutely give it 5 stars except for one thing. I wish the line were a little bit darker. That said, I have major attention deficit issues with reading, especially in a browser, and this extension does the trick with no glitches or super heavy memory use. Great extension!
- (2020-02-08) Ali Tekdemir: Çok beğendim. Sürekli tıklayarak takip etmek alışkanlığımdan kurtaracak bir eklenti gibi. Benim gibi iki üç kere tıklayıp maviye dönüştürüp metni kaybetmemeye alıştıysanız çok pratik olabilir sizler için.
- (2019-12-12) Gustavo: It is actually pretty good because it works on PDFs, but you can't change the "reading line".
- (2019-08-17) Paula Andrušćak: so simple and easy to use and it works just great...
- (2019-04-19) Jason Tee: It is works! I find it helpful.
- (2019-03-06) M R: Helps
- (2018-12-01) Annie .B: I love it! Very useful when you struggle with reading long texts. I wish there was an option to change the color and opacity of the ruler, though. That would be perfect!
- (2018-10-19) Initially, I thought the highlight is too clear but after using it, for a while, you get used to it. It's not intrusive. Perfect for reading.
- (2018-10-17) Mojtaba Vahdati: Add configurations please.
- (2018-04-24) John Doe: Amazingly simple and light. Thanks! @Dev - I noticed some serious memory hogs when turning the readingline while having many tabs open. This is caused by toggleIcon looping through all tabs and updating the icon. To fix this you can call chrome.browserAction.setIcon without the tabId parameter to update the icon in all tabs. I applied the fix locally and now my browser doesn't freeze up anymore.
- (2017-10-30) Fahd Khan: Great tool! Only downside is lack of configuration. The highlight is very light.
- (2023-08-15, v:0.0.3) Mahin Ahmad: Doesnot work in online pdf files (Check screenshot, line gets stuck)
Hello, When opening a pdf online, the highlighter line always gets stuck. Please fix or suggest an alternative. Image link: https://ibb.co/TRBhHvH Thanks!
- (2022-03-31, v:0.0.1) Joseph Guenther: color
Is there a way to change the line color to yellow? You can barely see it. Seems like this is the only extension that works with google classroom, but my daughter's vision problem would be best helped if the line could be made darker and yellow.
- (2019-08-17, v:0.0.1) Paula Andrušćak: auto turn on option
what i'd like to see is simple editable list of domains, divided by new line, or whatever and with wildcards like google.*, that will automatically turn this extension on once visited... call me lazy, but...
- (2018-10-22, v:0.0.1) Opacity
I need more opacity. I can barely watch the line.
- (2018-08-30, v:0.0.1) Leillani Nakamura: Options for ReadingLine
It would be great if you added options for users such as color or transparency.
- (2018-05-30, v:0.0.1) Rene Hernandez: Use on pdf
It would be great if I can use this to read a pdf
- (2018-03-19, v:0.0.1) Add options setting to set color
Would be great to be able to adjust the settings on the line as well as set the size of the reading line.
- (2017-10-30, v:0.0.1) Fahd Khan: Darker line (or configurable)
Interested in making the highlight color configurable? I'd prefer it darker personally. An easy way to do this would be to just supply a keypress to make it darker/lighter. That way you don't have to build any additional UI.