A simple yet powerful tool to place an adjustable blur bar that covers a YouTube videos embedded subtitles!
Adds an adjustable blur bar to cover subtitles that are embedded into a YouTube video. Blur bar comes with a hover-able panel that will reveal the subtitles(which also can be accessed with controls). This is a great tool for language learners as often times people put their subtitles within the YouTube video itself and not the CC. You can throw the bar over the subtitles and reveal them to check if you are translating it correctly within your head. I found this extremely useful while studying Japanese and figured I could help some fellow learners. HOW TO USE: Simply load up the YouTube video of your choice and our extension will inject a B button within the YouTube video player controls. Click this button to reveal the Blur Bar then drag and resize as you see fit. The Blur Bar comes equipped with a hover-able square at the top left corner of the bar in which when hovered it will reveal the subtitles. You can also access this feature by clicking the "S" key. OPTIONS: There is a popup located in your extensions at the top right corner of the browser, click it to reveal your options. As of now we have two options available. Pause-on-Hover option allows you to toggle whether or not the video pauses and rewinds upon hovering the reveal square or pressing S. The Height limit allows you to toggle whether or not you can adjust the height past the said limit. I recommended you keep this toggled on as sometimes the bar can get lost under the controls. Confirm your Options by clicking the submit key. DISCLAMIER: I am new to developing and currently am in school, so if you have any questions or if there are any problems just email me at [email protected] and ill try to get to it as soon as possible. As the extension stands now it is in very early BETA. Thank you.
- (2021-10-14) Hoa Ta: This tool is great!! I didn't know that we have something like this before. Having subtitles running in YouTube videos sometimes distracts me, but now I can use this tool to actively cover the subtitles, which helps me focus on the content of the videos. And I can uncover it whenever I want to. Awesome!
- (2021-10-06) blue: I usually change the position and shape of the blur bar. And if I turn off and on again, it goes to default position/ shape. Please make it remember my setting.
- (2021-09-02) Akari Kosaka: What a wonderful extension!! Definitely 10/10 experience. This is so perfect for language learners.
- (2021-08-31) Alexis Martin: Awesome extension! Perfect for covering embedded subtitles in YouTube videos
- (2021-08-31) Justin Fisher: I've been looking for something like this! Very useful for language learning