Search confidently, browse safely. McAfee WebAdvisor for Microsoft Edge is your trusty companion that helps keep you safe from threats while you search and browse the web. This extension safeguards you from malware and phishing attempts while you surf, without impacting your browsing performance or experience. Here’s how it works: 1. Search safely. For supported search engines, WebAdvisor will place red, yellow or green safety ratings right in your search results so you can efficiently navigate to safe sites. 2. Click with confidence. WebAdvisor blocks most potentially bad sites before they can do harm, displaying a page to warn you of potential risks. 3. Breathe easy. Even genuine websites can unwittingly play host to malicious content, but don’t worry - WebAdvisor helps to identify and block these risks, while preserving legitimate content. As one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies, McAfee actively protects over 300 million consumer devices worldwide and uses this expertise to power the real-time protection that makes WebAdvisor your first line of defense for safer browsing.
- (2023-03-14) Randy: May want to rename this to McAfee PDFBlocker because it will not let me open any PDF download without saving it locally first.
- (2023-03-08) Michael: nur schrott wer braucht so ein mist
- (2023-03-05) JOELLEN: So far, I have had issues I never had before. Why pay good money if it's not doing what it's supposed to. I even had to reintall it again
- (2023-02-21) Doc: Absoluter SCHROTT!!! Ständig ploppt in JEDEM Video Werbung für Ad-Blocker auf!!! Selbst wenn man es wegklickt dauert es nicht lange, bis die nächste Werbung dafür aufkommt!!! War vor dem nutzen von McAfee WebAdvisor NICHT so!!! Fliegt deshalb wieder raus!!! Ist nicht mal diesen einen Stern Wert, muss man aber geben um seine MEINUNG abgeben zu können!!!
- (2023-02-21) Näger: Schrott! - Abo bezahlt, aber funktioniert jedoch nicht!
- (2023-02-08) Christopher: The main reason for my need of a Windows pc is to use Cricut Design Space. I own a Cricut Maker 3 and it connects to my Windows 11 laptop PC via bluetooth. My Maker 3 was in the middle of cutting out a project when all of a sudden the pc disconnected from my Maker 3. I never had this issue with my Maker 3 until yesterday. I restarted my pc, restarted the Maker 3 and closed down the Cricut Design Space. I reopened the Design Space program, powered on the Maker 3, and started the cut job, this time, it took forever for my Maker 3 to start the cut job. I grabbed my Samsung Galaxy Fold3 phone. opened the Cricut Design Space app, started the cut job on my phone and finished the job without any issues. I uninstalled the Cricut Design Space off my pc and redownloaded it back to my pc, still had the same issues. I opened mcafee to do a pc virus scan, mcafee did NOT find a thing wrong but there is definitely an issue with my pc with some kind of virus but I dont' know why mcafee isn't catching
- (2023-01-29) Ryan: this thing blocks legit virus free spreadsheet downloads i need for work. it always says virus scan fails
- (2023-01-24) Elke: Für Nutzer des Normalgebrauches zu unübersichtlich
- (2023-01-18) SOMABHAI: good
- (2023-01-17) Waitman: Probably the sofware works, but they have popups and emails telling me to upgrade when I already paid to upgrade weeks ago. And telling my trial expired last week. Also half of their nag popups are in Spanish which is crazy because my computer is set to English. They must really have some boneheads there or something. At this point even though I just paid I don't want to renew and even want to deinstall the software. It's like, why are they harassing me with emails and popups after I already paid to subscribe. for reals.
- (2023-01-09) Christoph: Gut
- (2023-01-02) Leslie: Well, thnk u guys 4 ur reviews bcuz I was about 2 download this extension to my laptop but thnks 2 ur reviews I knw now not 2 download this ****. I always check the revies and if everyone says the same thing about what I'm searching or at least the majority of the ppl I come across every day in a daily routing. God bless u guys bcuz Im poor and I strugle every day with the economic in this I dnt have the $ 2 spend in new electronic devises . Not everyone have the same luck... I AM NOT GOING TO DOWNLOAD THIS WEBADVISOR and I will also pass this information about this app
- (2022-12-29) Iris: es el memejor
- (2022-12-27) Michael: Curious if anyone else experienced this Mcafee pop-up issue with a new computer? I wonder if it was installed at the factory and is a scam to get $$$ since McAfee is good for 5 days before renewal.
- (2022-12-11) Deri: oke
- (2022-12-10) Ebony: Macafee is terrible they have not protected my computer. I have similar issues. I paid for this protection than some scam macafee is in my email telling me to pay for protection.
- (2022-12-09) wolfgang: Sehr zufrieden
- (2022-11-28) Thomas: Für Jemanden der kein PC-Spezialist ist, ist McAfee viel zu kompliziert! Man versteht gar nicht, was man warum noch installieren soll ! Als reiner PC- Anwender möchte ich einen Schutz pauschal vor allem und mich nicht mit zig Themen befassen müssen, von denen ich noch nie gehört habe! Was ist sinnvoll zu aktivieren oder zu lassen!?
- (2022-11-07) Kenwick: I managed to stop the popups by going into notifications and blocking the site (euprefectorin.com). However, this was AFTER I unnecessarily paid to have my subscription renewed. I actually think McAfee is behind this backhanded scam.
- (2022-10-24) Justin: the more reviews I see the more I'm convinced I got scamed, these pop ups wont stop I'm calling tech to have McAfee removed.
- (2022-10-20) Cathy: I had the same issue. I called Tech support they went into my computer and removed the pop up's.
- (2022-10-17) Alonzo: I had the same problem, and I went to my email account and found a email from McAfee that was the same date as I paid for. 1. Look for email that says Your McAfee install link is here_ 2. Open that email and click on PC. Then PC Download. 3. Download that file and open the download if using Firefox there is a download check mark on top right corner, and open that download and go from there. 4. Hope it is helpful.
- (2022-10-16) Lisa: I am having the same issue described by many. I PAID to renew my subscription and have a receipt but continue to get the annoying pop ups. Why won't anyone address this?
- (2022-10-15) Catherine: I'm having the same trouble as everyone else! I have a receipt for my payment and yet I continue to get stupid pop-ups to renew. It's very annoying. Think I'll discontinue and go with a more efficient service.
- (2022-10-13) rick: very glad i am not the only having this nonsense pop up all over my lowest end cheapest computer money can buy. Because there is no way that it needs all this **** already. If i get rid of everything that is suggested to supposedly help then i should be ok
- (2022-10-10) Beverly: I have a receipt that says I am paid till June of 2023, but I keep getting that my computer is infected and I need to pay more before it will clear them. Why? There is no way to contact you. Why? Very disappointed to say the least.
- (2022-10-07) 光盘: 值得推荐！帮我抵御了不少的恶意软件！
- (2022-10-07) 仕: 迈克菲dell版本安装包链接，链接做了访问次数限制10次打开次数，且用且珍惜：h删ttp删s://pan.baidu.c删om/s/1QjAa删fwK4FVq删oevKhjD0hw删Q?pwd=x25f 提取码：x25f
- (2022-09-24) Josh: Wish I could give negative stars. I renewed my subscription last week and every day I get notified I have viruses and need to upgrade in order to clean them. Every single day this happens my computer gets slower and slower. AVOID this virus protection scam
- (2022-09-21) Brian: There is no way to get in touch with you guys so I will just have to move on. You must be a scam because I am paid up for a year at a time and you keep on asking me to keep up with my membership. I do not want to hear you are sorry. I want to hear you say you are going to correct the problem so I can stay. My computer was just attack. And you did nothing to stop it. I could not shut down or anything. My mouse could not move, and my screen started turn white. Where was you?
- (2022-09-09) Robert: McAfee is telling me my Web Protection is OFF and keeps prompting me to install the extension, but it is already installed. Also, the VPN disconnects after a few minutes on my home network and does not reconnect automatically as I have it set to do. Recently, I submitted a support request regarding adding more devices as my subscription should allow me to do, but though I received a message from Support with a link that was supposed to help me with that issue, it did not and I'm still back at square one. I'm paid up for about eight more months, but I'm seriously reconsidering renewing a subscription for services I cannot access.
- (2022-08-21) Saul: The McAfee WebAdvisor keeps turning off periodically.
- (2022-08-09) theressa: this mcafee cant even take out a virus. i wasted my money. im pisst.
- (2022-08-06) Dirk: Ich sage Top auch das Installieren muss man können sonst kann es eine Katastrophe sein.
- (2022-08-05) Levi: I have had McAfee for too many years to even remember when I first started with McAfee, but I can tell you it will let you right away if a site maybe malicious. I wouldn't go without McAfee. I feel 100% protected with McAfee. In addition, if you have any issues their customer service is available for 24 hours a day to assist you. It won't slow your computer, or phone down and you can go online and know your 100% safe. I do recommend McAfee.
- (2022-08-04) Dave: It says Web Protection needs to be added, but it's already added or installed. McAfee is the best protection I have used. I have tried Vipre, Norton and McAfee is by far the best protection, and it doesn't slow down my computer.
- (2022-07-30) thomas: Die Installation von McAfee ist reine Katastrophe . Nur Verkauf von Mist. Nie Wieder McAfee !!!
- (2022-07-30) Jerry: WebAdvisor does indeed protect and warn against many dubious or dangerous web pages. I agree with everyone that it is annoying to get random pop-up messages from McAfee's Protection Center each day which state WebAdvisor is "OFF" when it is operational. However, if you view web page links (such as a Google search), you will see WebAdvisor is operational (safe links have a small green circle with an arrow inside at the end of the link). If you select the icon on the extensions toolbar, you will see the stats of how many pages it has scanned or blocked. It would be much more useful if it could check imbedded links or images on web pages which redirect to an unknown location and show a notification for legitimate or spoofed or scam pages. Even better would be if it could scan email and check for phishing or scam web links. However I digress. McAfee should try to correct the disconnect between WebAdvisor and McAfee's Protection Center!
- (2022-07-30) William: Is very good but show that is on but Mcafee say that is not installed.But is installed.
- (2022-07-30) Nicole: Leider funktioniert die Installation von MS Edge nicht und ich sehe leider auch nicht, wo man Hilfe bekommt
- (2022-07-29) Dennis: Same as the others it's telling me it's off . But it's really on Maybe and will not turn on. please someone fix the problem.
- (2022-07-29) Benjamin: Same issue as the rest, says off but its installed. Won't switch to on
- (2022-07-28) juanita: says it already installed but on other place it says to install. dont understand why it says web Advisor off then on to turn on it says on????
- (2022-07-27) Hiram: why does it say web Advisor off but when I go into it It says its on
- (2022-07-27) Wendi: McAfee page states web protection is off but when I select screen to download option the screen states that its already installed ?
- (2022-07-25) leslie: Frustrating when McAfee pop up comes up to scan computer, I click to scan and it totally disappears. I click on the McAfee icon I can't find where to scan. Also, same as other reviewers, McAfee page states web protection is off, I click to download and says already installed. All of this takes time, time away from things I need to get to. I thought McAfee does everything in the background.
- (2022-07-24) Linda: McAfee page states web protection is off but when I select screen to download option the screen states that its already installed ?
- (2022-07-24) Gary: McAfee page states web protection is off but when I select screen to download option the screen states that its already installed ?
- (2022-07-22) sojia: I wish I knew what the devil am I supposed to do, I just don't feel comfortable with having to keep giving information I already. Nor do I want to give more information that is already out in the world. It is sad that people use you information to discredit you.
- (2022-07-21) Zeason: 很好的安全插件，希望迈克菲官方能将其稳定下去。浏览器必备
3.6 (963 votes)
Last update / version
2023-03-16 / 126.96.36.19918