Changes 'spellcheck=off' to 'spellcheck=on' in web pages to override explicitly disabled settings.
Some websites will forcibly disable spellchecking. This will re-enable it for one type of disable method.
- (2015-05-07) Meghan Gardner: Doesn't work well in chrome.
- (2014-06-11) Marcus Günther: Works fine for an application at work.
- (2020-03-21, v:1.0) Drake Bliss: textarea
Can this extension be made to also modify the textarea spellcheck setting?
- (2017-06-26, v:1.0) Susan Pearce Trudeau: Not working for Etsy
This did used to work for Etsy listings, but has since stopped working.
- (2014-10-10, v:1.0) Scott Severance: Doesn't work in the app I need
The app I'm using has spellcheck="off" in the <body> tag of IFRAME content (which is using tinymce). This extension does not toggle the setting. I have to manually use Chrome's developer tools to toggle spellcheck. The site is ams.accet.org, but I'm not authorized to provide login information.