Loads a random, short American Sign Language (ASL) instructional video in new tabs. Videos from Dr. Bill Vicars of LifePrint/ASLU.
Learn some American Sign Language (ASL) every time you open a new tab! This extension loads a random, short ASL instructional video, so you can learn a new word or phrase whenever you open a new tab while connected to Internet. Content comes from ASLU Signs YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZy9xs6Tn9vWqN_5l0EEIZA Thanks to Dr. Bill Vicars of ASLU (LifePrint) for content: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/billvicars Website: http://lifeprint.com/
- (2021-08-31) Mariella Satow: This is insanely cool! I love this way of learning ASL. Thank you so much for creating it! - Mariella
- (2020-07-16) Richard Haven: This is a great extension. It happens all day, which is perfect for my learning style
- (2019-01-11) I love it. The recent improvements have also allowed it to load quicker and the selection of vocabulary and expressions has also grown. I rarely see the same video twice. I strongly recommend to students learning the language. Do keep in mind - this is done by an American Deaf instructor so some of the vocabulary may differ for localized signs (or Canadian signs). Well done!
- (2019-01-11) This is a great app to keep up with common expressions, as shown by a Deaf professional. Recommended!
- (2018-12-15) Claudio Espinoza: I've been learning ASL off and on for a while. Sometimes it's hard to know what to study next after you've developed a list of signs, so it's nice that it's given me some additional signs I can add to my vocabulary list. I like that it gives you short phrases of signs in context which reinforces the grammar of ASL which is not always the same as spoken English.