Schedule your days, block distracting apps and focus fully, on any device.
Opal is the leading Screen Time app for focus. Block thousands of distracting websites on your schedule to focus better each day. 🎧 Focus is hard 💎 We make it easy With 400,000 members on the iOS App Store, we are the leading screen time for focus. Many of the world's top teams and companies companies trust Opal to help protect their focus. You can too. ** Opal cuts off your apps’ internet access to help you stop doomscrolling – The Next Web ** ** Opal Helped Me Quit My Nightly TikTok Habit – Bustle ** BENEFITS 94% of Opal members are less distracted 93% are more productive thanks to the app 90% experience improved mental health 79% save at least 1 hour *daily* thanks to the app Also Opal can help you to remove the need for self-control, reduce stress & be more mindful, Improve productivity at work, unplug with family and friends, stay in focus when you need it most and to feel happy and in control of your screen time. CHROME + iPhone With our Chrome extension, you can block distracting apps and sites such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter and a lot more in one tap and put an end to the doomscrolling. But wait, there’s more! We also have an iOS app that can block the same distractions on your iPhone too and you can sync that with our Chrome extension to prevent you from being distracted anywhere so you can stay focused and improve your productivity! If you don’t use iOS or don’t want Opal on your phone, you can still use our Chrome extension by itself and that would also work like magic. FEATURES - Blocker: Instantly block apps and websites you choose. It’s safe, precise, and doesn’t affect internet speed. - Calendar: Set daily working hours, sleep and routines, block apps automatically, so you don’t have to remember. - Timer: Start to focus right away with Timer, choose your goal, apps to block and a time. Stay focused on task. - Breaks: Use apps without mindless scrolling. Choose the app you want to use, write your intention, and set a timer. - Secure: Private and secure from the ground up. Information about your browsing never leaves your device. - Cross Device: Browser extensions and iPhone app will stay in sync and block relevant apps and websites when needed. - Deep Focus: Use for maximum protection, you can’t cancel or bypass the timer you set. Stick to your plans. - More Fun: Opal is guilt-free and fun. Pick your background and app icon to one that suits your mood. - Block Trackers: Opal will block trackers and ads from accessing your device, stay safe and private. CREATE A PERSONALIZED APP LIST You can add or remove Apps and Websites that are distracting to you directly from Opal's settings in the app. You can customize your Opal experience and block many distracting apps and sites including any social media, adult content and distracting apps / websites. UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY We use Chrome’s native technology in order to monitor and disconnect apps you use. Installation is easy and takes a few seconds on your Chrome browser. PRIVACY COMES FIRST Unlike most apps, Opal works entirely locally and personal browsing data never leaves your device. HEAR IT FROM THE COMMUNITY You can join our 400,000 members on the iOS app or on community.opa.so . TERMS Read about our terms and conditions on https://opal.so/terms
- (2023-01-11) Zachary Hodge: Really like the feature set, but it doesn't integrate scheduled sessions with the iOS app and the iOS app sync with other iOS devices. Also, if you have to relaunch Chrome if you want to have another scheduled session trigger it does not work automatically if you haven't closed out Chrome.
- (2023-01-07) M K: really wish the "I'm taking a break because..." window is designed differently so the reason isn't prefilled and I am forced to enter a legitimate reason. Also did they take away the mode where no breaks could be taken...
- (2022-12-27) Alexander Large: Useless! I have apps blocked on my phone (like reddit), but can't seem to add a reddit block on the chrome app - I try and add www.reddit.com and nothing happens.
- (2022-05-16) Ramy Zhang: i love that i can set schedules to automatically kick in so i can't just "forget to turn the blocker on". also a big fan of the deep focus mode - i have 0 discipline so having a mode where i can't take breaks or stop it is amazing
- (2022-03-30) Oliver Klingefjord: Breaks don't work :( otherwise nice addition
- (2022-01-24) christine launay: Finally! Now my devices are synced, no more excuses but to be productive, thanks!
- (2021-10-19) I admit it... I used to open Facebook messenger on Chrome when Opal was running on my phone. No more of that with this extension! I can finally have a real full focus session, thank you team :)
- (2021-10-14) Randy Perecman: Exactly what I wanted in the companion web version for the iOS app! Now my two most used screens are protected by Opal :)
- (2021-10-14) Linguae Lab: I was waiting for this extension, it's a great addition to the app, it's all synced!
- (2021-10-14) Christine Launay: Synced on all my screens and focused without any distractions, great addition the Opal iOS app!
- (2021-10-13) Matt Davenport: I can finally sync all of my sessions from the iOS app - great addition to the Opal experience!
- (2021-10-04) Kenneth Schlenker: Incredible addition to the Opal iOS app, connect it and it just syncs. I'm focused on all my screens now!
- (2021-10-04) Opal has helped me stay focused without any distractions and I love the fact that it's synced with my phone so all these distracting apps and sites are blocked on my phone simultaneously. It's super clutch! 💎