A browser plugin to correct and add features on Funimation.com
Feel like the new Funimation website's video player is too small? Well this extension changes that. It allows the video player to fill the full width of the content width on the page for a larger video player without going full screen. Also add video player functionality such as keyboard controls and playback rate control! Video Controls (When clicked on the player): click on video, spacebar: play pause* ctrl/meta + up arrow: playback rate increase* ctrl/meta + down arrow: playback rate decrease* ctrl/meta + 0: reset playback rate to 1* up arrow: volume up down arrow: volume down m: mute audio left arrow, shift + right arrow: forward 10 seconds* right arrow, shift + left arrow: backward 10 seconds* ctrl/meta + right arrow: next episode ctrl/meta + left arrow: restart episode > previous episode F, alt + enter: fullscreen* *added functionality -- UPDATE 12/28/2018 --- 0.3.0 Updated compatibility to match new site changes. Added the ability to click on the playback rate in the controls to toggle between 1 and 2. Modernized some code. Node and Git support added. -- UPDATE 12/28/2018 --- 0.2.1 Added 1.25 and .75 playback speeds -- UPDATE 12/28/2018 --- 0.2.0 BIG UPDATE! New more efficient code works with the Funimation Player API to make the magic happen. New Added Hot Keys/Features! Requested features added KNOW ISSUES CORRECTED! -- UPDATE 12/26/2018 --- 0.1.11 Update to accommodate for new sale/special announcement banners at the top of the page. Added listeners for using command/apple key for video play back rate control -- UPDATE 6/18/2018 --- 0.1.8 - 0.1.10 PUBLIC: the extension is now public. Please enjoy the extension, mina-san! Fold Detection: The extension automatically detects the fold and the video will not longer be longer than what fits in the view port. The video's width is also scaled to fit in the window. Current Time / Duration: The current video time and total time of the video now appears in the control bar. New Icon: There's a new Icon!! Security: The extension is encapsulated for better security. Bug fixes. -- UPDATE 5/3/2017 --- 0.1.5 !~ NEW VIDEO CONTROLS~! When on the page you can: Use the left and right arrows to skip or go back ten seconds. When clicked on the player you can: Use the up and down arrows to raise and lower the volume. Press 0 to mute the player. Use the up and down arrows while holding control to increase or decrease the playback rate. Press 0 while holding control will set the playback rate to 1 Playback rate is displayed in the controls now. -- UPDATE 5/3/2017 --- 0.1.3 Updated a bug- - UPDATE 5/3/2017 --- 0.1.2 Max size of video player increased to 1920px wide (HD max width)
- (2021-04-22) Ryan Cassell: From the description of the extension, it's exactly what I wanted! Hotkeys to increase playback speed of Funimation videos? Yes, please! Unfortunately, it only seems to increase the size of the video in my browser window and give me more options to pause the player. None of the skip, fast forward or change playback speed options seem to work. Does this extension need an update?
- (2021-02-11) Chris Magovern: Am trying the funimation 2 week trial right now and have been so frustrated with the player... was thinking I'd stop my subscription before the trial was up, but this extension completely fixes everything I hated with it, thank you so much!
- (2021-01-30) Alex Chen: Works well and does exactly what as it describes. But is there a way to remove the dimming overlay that pops up every time I click fast-forward/backward or pause/play the video? This dimming overlay covers the lower half of the screen and lingers for a few sec (annoying as hell). The screenshot for this extension doesn't seem to have this overlay, is there a way to remove it?
- (2021-01-23) Pearce B: Love it! Only feature that I miss is pressing C to toggle between captions on and off, because for some reason the captions for dubs are defaulted to on every time i finish an episode. comma and period to go forward 1 frame/ back one frame could possibly be nice as well, but that one isnt really necessary if its too much trouble.
- (2020-12-09) Henry Adams: Only certain hotkeys worked.
- (2020-11-23) TheOnlyClauberto: Hello, funimation just launched in my country (Brazil), you can review the extension to adapt it in the Latin version of the site, there are some differences between the American and the Brazilian site, and these differences make the extension don't work as it should.
- (2020-09-23) Nina Kalinina: Saved the night. Great functionality, cheers for hotkeys.
- (2020-09-11) Dhel0r _: This is actually the most useful extension for funimation. It works, and works well!
- (2020-03-02) Big C: Its really sad to see the web player have poor support from the developers itself, thank you for this. I was so tired of there not being a full screen shortcut.
- (2019-10-23) Erick Rodriguez: Thank you for fixing next button issue with the keyboard. I couldn't stand not being able to press next episode via their video player (apparently only chrome has this issue) and this extension fixed that and a whole lot more.
- (2018-09-26) Alex Wells: Funimations video player makes me so frustrated but this extension fixes a lot, just being able to click the back arrow key to jump back a few seconds makes the world of difference alone
- (2021-04-30, v:0.2.1) Kenny Sora: It stopped working after the website update today
I just wanted to give you the heads up. The website and app had updates today and the extension stopped working sadly. It's a great app so hopefully it can be fixed. Thank you.
- (2021-03-24, v:0.2.1) TheFancyMans: Subtitles
Funimation doesn't allow me to have subtitles when I change the language of certain anime's. I wanted to watch Attack on Titan with my mom, but she's Brazilian who's first language is Portuguese. When I change the language, the option for English subtitles disappear, which I don't understand why. So the question is, is it possible to implement a feature that allows us to watch in different language (dubbing) while still having the option for subtitles?
- (2021-03-18, v:0.2.1) Hoffman365: Keyboard Controls do not work
The only keyboard function that work for me are F for full screen and Space for pause/play
- (2021-03-13, v:0.2.1) Tom Grant: Firefox support
I have confirmed this extension works as-is without modification on the latest Firefox browser. If possible, please could you also host the extension on your own website or the official Firefox store (which is free addons.mozilla.org). Thank you for improving one of the worst video players on the internet :-D
- (2021-01-30, v:0.2.1) Alex Chen: Removal of Dim Screen Overlay
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in review: Is there a way to remove the dimming overlay that pops up every time I click fast-forward/backward or pause/play the video? This dimming overlay covers the lower half of the screen and lingers for a few sec (annoying as hell). The screenshot for this extension doesn't seem to have this overlay, is there a way to remove it?
- (2020-12-27, v:0.2.1) Sai Charan: Can I increase playback speed of the player?
Can I increase playback speed of the player?
- (2020-08-24, v:0.2.1) Sour Place: The speed you set the video to play at carries over to the next video.
I like watching in VR so, getting up at the end of the video to set the playback speed back to what I had it at gets annoying.
- (2020-03-01, v:0.2.1) Niesha Pittman: how it work
why it don't work