Swollen companion keeping you updated on your Twitch experience
Gumbo is a spiritual successor to Twitch Now that allows you to access your Twitch experience outside the main ecosystem. From its user interface, you can check your followed channels and track live streams, as well as discover the popular streams and categories of the moment, all with the possibility to personalize your experience thanks to the multitude of preferences at your disposal. This extension also informs you when a channel goes online or after a category change, with the option to pick the notifications you want. --- Useful links: - Source code: https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo - Bugs & suggestions : https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo/issues - Release notes: https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo/releases - Translate: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/gumbo --- Gumbo is a free extension that does not collect or sell personal user data. Donations, although optional but greatly appreciated, help support my work and encourage me to offer the best quality products possible. - PayPal : https://go.seldszar.fr/paypal - Coinbase : https://go.seldszar.fr/coinbase Thank you for your support!
- (2022-11-11) Joaquin Chacon Iommi: It's good but sometimes it'll stop working or get stuck showing people as live when they're not live, or failing to send notifications
- (2022-10-19) Pietro Bertolacci: Refresh button is not working
- (2022-10-15) Alexander C: When I try to sign-in after installing the addon it takes me to a page "https://id.twitch.tv/oauth2/'" and says 404 page not found edit: I have changed my rating. Turns out I needed to disable ublock matrix and origin. Once I did that I was able to login and give permissions. I have now turned them back and and the extension is working as intended. The extension is well made and feature rich. Thanks!
- (2022-10-05) Heronaidon: Funktioniert nun auch seit Monaten nicht mehr richtig. Das Addon funktioniert nur nach dem Start des Browsers. Spätere Aktualisierung ist nur möglich durch Neustart des Browsers, demnach eigentlich nutzlos.
- (2022-09-14) Aleks Sandler: worked fine all the time, but since today I can not watch 2 or more streams simultaneously in different chrome windows. please fix it, thank you EDIT: thank you for the fix - 5 stars!
- (2022-09-06) 賴禹翔: The best extension to follow Twitch channels after Twitch Now is unavailable. Twitch Now 掛掉後最好用的看台補助小程式
- (2022-08-15) Messiah93: Works perfectly, good UI, like outdated twitch official extension.
- (2022-08-06) Legitti: This is so good!
- (2022-08-05) Bojack Horseman: Successor to Twitch Now indeed.
- (2022-07-22) Emile A.: Everything works perfectly, you don't need to share any data with them. UI is fluid and you can personnalise the interface as you wish.
- (2022-07-18) Ivan Miropolsky: Very good. I recommend!
- (2022-07-09) Alex Bread: Perfect replacement for Twitch Now. Working nicely and do things just as intended, while having a sweet UI
- (2022-07-08) trigirl48: Extension isn't bad but there's no noticeable notification when a channel goes live. Some sort of audio or visual cue would great to have that way if I'm doing chores, I can hear when someone goes live & take a second to pull up their channel or if I'm listening to music I can see someone come on line. The only way to tell right now is to constantly be looking at the extension icon.
- (2022-07-07) Чапчелица: Расширение полностью работоспособно, улучшенная версия неработающего Twitch Now
- (2022-06-21) KAR0TTENP0WER: Nice alternative to Twitch now, but i would like to be able to unfollow streamers i followed through the addon.
- (2022-06-19) Seb Tr: i love it! 10/10
- (2022-06-05) Данил Вишнивецкий: Очень хорошо) Ещё бы звуковое уведомление - было бы вообще отлично!
- (2022-05-24) Johan Scherling: Great extension for Twitch. Now supports open as a popout for me that doesn't want to watch chat. For twitch it's perfect, but an even better way would be if it also supported youtube livestreams
- (2022-05-15) NPete: Login ain't sketchy (at least for me) looks nice hope will work as good as Twitch Now that decided to die just like that so it's a good replacement, might be an upgrade even but ye this one ain't bad.
- (2022-05-06) Kelvin Pat: It will be great to make a hotkey function available in edge://extensions/shortcuts.
- (2022-05-02) Alex Alexander: esta muy buena la extensión pero hace 3 dias me empezo a salir este problema a alguien mas le esta pasando ? lo desinstale y lo volvi a instalar y igual sigue saliendo ---- ( Looks like Gumbo is not responding anymore. Click to reload the extension.)
- (2022-05-01) 張志鴻: 棒
- (2022-04-28) The Phenom: Отличное расширение! Интерфейс, функции, работоспособность (!) на высоте
- (2022-04-27) Pedro Lopez: Very recommended. Beautiful UI and usefull
- (2022-04-25) i love this app. Such a good alternative to Twitch now.
- (2022-04-25) Marek Húdek: Excelent replacement for twitch now, works great.
- (2022-04-24) Burning_Beaver: Great extension but there is one wish. Please add a sound for notifications like in Twitch Now. Windows notifications do not always work, so I have to switch to native Google Chrome notifications which have no sound.
- (2022-04-23) Kiefer Edrick: Esta lindo y funciona mejor que TwitchNow
- (2022-04-23) João Victor: For me the only feature missing is being able to use a shortcut to open the extension, beside that its perfect.
- (2022-04-22) Distory: Add the possibility of sound notifications!😭
- (2022-04-21) RoM: Very good
- (2022-04-21) Space Awesome: Great app, finally!
- (2022-04-18) Emre: Perfect Twitch Now replacement 👍
- (2022-04-17) Константин Шакиров: Хорошая альтернатива неработающему Twtich Now
- (2022-04-15) Rab Tek: Fajna alternatywa dla twitch now :)
- (2022-04-13) Craig Bailey: Love it! It's even better than TwitchNow.
- (2022-04-12) Ariel Jurkowski: I was using Twitch Now a lot until it broke. This is a great replacement. I love you can pin favourite streamers to the top and that I can filter notifications. I would love to have a sound notification tho, it seems to be silent at the moment. Great work.
- (2022-04-11) Cristi M: Fantastic extension so far. I'd say it's slowly starting to be even better than TwitchNow, which to be fair had a lot of features, but a lot of them weren't working for some time now. Props to the dev for putting in the effort to fill that gap TwitchNow left!
- (2022-04-11) Adilson: really saved me, now that twichnow doesn't work anymore
- (2022-04-08) benjamin957957: Has all the features that I am looking for: filtering notifications received by channel.
- (2022-04-07) Rool: Гораздо лучше морально устаревшего TwitchNow
- (2022-04-07) Narayan Tsuchiya: Nice, good replacement for Twitch Now Ty :)
- (2022-04-06) Nick Shoemaker: After Twitch Now died I have been seriously hurting for a replacement. I have just gone threw over a dozen live, notifier, etc. extensions and all of them are broken af. This worked immediately, looks and feels great. This needs more stars so it can push the other garbage down and make it easier for people to find a working extension.
- (2022-04-06) Jake Gabaree: Almost perfect replacement for Twitch Now, as other have said - other than one thing... Please add the ability to open streams in popout/new tab :) Much love!
- (2022-04-05) Morten Elholm: This works great !.
- (2022-04-05) Steven Doss: The perfect Twitch Now replacement. Even better than what it was.
- (2022-04-05) Mitsuki Kagene: The only Twitch alert extension that still works... However, I would like it if there was an option to play a sound when a streamer goes live like Twitch Now and Vinesauce Alert did. I keep missing streams without those.
- (2022-04-04) Stormjackass: Приятный интерфейс, есть все необходимые функции. Самое важное, что расширение полностью работоспособно в отличии от многих других аналогов.
- (2022-04-04) john: I changed from Twitch Now because extension stopped working. I must say, customizations like sorting by uptime, viewer count are amazing.
- (2022-04-04) Another One: Works perfectly good!
- (2022-09-12, v:1.15.1) Kristen (rosemonburstmode): Crashing and then needing to reload the extension. In a loop
In a constant loop of needing to refresh because of it crashing. This is a great extension, so I would like to keep using it. :3
- (2022-08-18, v:1.14.1) Depth Klocke: it hasnt been working for me.
it stopped loading anything, it's an infiinite loading screen when I click on it. There's no indicator for live following rn.
- (2022-07-02, v:1.12.1) ParadoxuhSnipes: Favorited/Pinned Categories
I'd like to request favorited categories, that is, have certain categories saved for easy access.
- (2022-06-02, v:1.11.0) Gavin Rowley: Stopped working
Today it has completely broken. The last week or 2 has needed me to refresh each time when opening Chrome, but works since then, but today nothing just spinning circle. Windows 10 Chrome Ver 102.0.5005.63 Is this a Twitch API issue or something else? Is there a workaround or fix to get it back working? Cheers
- (2022-06-01, v:1.10.1) Nina: Recent issue
Gumbo has been needing to reload the extension frequently, started occuring since about a month ago. Is there a fix to this?
- (2022-05-26, v:1.9.0) Frank Rizzo: Follower box blacked out
Today the follower number box on the extension is black with very dark gray numbers. It makes in illegible.
- (2022-05-25, v:1.9.0) Paulo Costa: Duplicate Notifications
I'm honestly not sure if this is just a Gumbo problem or I have something enabled in my browser settings that I shouldn't. But I have set Gumbo to alert me if a stream is online and it notifies me correctly but it duplicates the notification.
- (2022-05-01, v:1.8.3) Mepherion: Notifications not showing
Go live notifications of some channels are not appearing even though "Enable notifications" is enabled and the channel is enabled under "Filter notifications by channel" It possibility might not be showing if you have the native Twitch live notification enabled for that channel as well.
- (2022-04-28, v:1.8.1) Paulo Costa: No Longer working
It shows streams that are no longer online as still broadcasting and is no longer updating the list.
- (2022-04-22, v:1.7.0) Felipe Araujo: Notificações
As notificações parou de funcionar...
- (2022-04-21, v:1.7.0) Alexandre “Aoshi017” Carré: Problem about freezing
I think I found one of the causes of Gumbo's freeze. Every time I use Ccleaner, I notice that the addon freezes right after, so I just have to deactivate it and reactivate it to get it working again, and I just have to reconnect my Twitch account. I hope this will help some people here who have the same problem as me.
- (2022-04-18, v:1.6.0) José Bezerra - TVJB Corridas: Additions and Suggestions
Additions: Could put an option to unfollow a channel in followed users Suggestions if possible: Place an Option to Consult Follow Time and Consult Subscription Time of the channel that follows
- (2022-04-09, v:1.6.0) Ali Mez: Youtube live stream check
Great extension thank you. There is no extension for live stream notifications on youtube. That would be great if it can check youtube too.
- (2022-04-05, v:1.6.0) Вова Великсар: stream replays
Is it possible to hide stream replays ?
- (2022-04-04, v:1.6.0) Missouri Belk-Hurst: Favorites
I would love it if there were a way to favorite certain channels. Either put them in a separate tab on the extension or make it so that they appear at the top of the list. I've been on twitch for more than ten years now and have followed many a channel. Something like this would be extremely helpful for me
- (2022-04-02, v:1.5.3) Nihal Krishna: Can't Make a Shortcut for the Extension
I really like gumbo it has great UI is an amazing replacement for twitch now however I only have one fault with it if you can please add a way for us to add a shortcut/Hotkey for the extension like I used to use Alt+T to open twitch now please I wish for this feature to be added
- (2022-03-31, v:1.5.3) Lost Felix: Extension Froze
The extension seems to have frozen, can't logout or in and i doesn't update the channels, streams or any other panel. By uninstalling and installing it's now fixed, but it's a weird problem to have
- (2022-03-30, v:1.5.3) Leopoldo Polina: Force refresh
allow us to force refresh the extension please.
- (2022-03-27, v:1.5.3) Sebastian Markowicz: Thumbnails
Is it possible to make thumbnails bigger? It would be nice if they were closer to how they looked in "twitch now" extension, it could be done by making the sidebar smaller
- (2022-03-27, v:1.5.3) Luca Palumbo: Notifications doesn't work
Enable notifications is on but I don't see any pop out or hear any sound when a channel goes live. Tried both with filter on and off. I never had this problem with Twitch Now. There is something I am missing or it's still a work in progress?
- (2022-03-18, v:1.5.3) Nicholas: Extension not auto-refreshing, can't force refresh.
Seems I'm maybe having the same issue as other users, but I've been having this issue since installing the extension a few weeks ago. The extension eventually just stops auto-refreshing, suggesting streams have been up for 60+ hours when they definitely aren't. Not sure if the refresh icon in the search bar is supposed to refresh this list but if it should, it doesn't. Also cannot access 'Top Streams' or 'Top Categories', clicking each button just leaves me on an endless loading loop. I can't log out of the extension and back in. In order for me to fix all of these issues, I have to remove the extension and then install it again. I don't think if this is clashing with another extension or something.
- (2022-03-13, v:1.4.0) Frank Rizzo: Not auto-refreshing
I noticed that since the refresh icon became available the extension doesn't refresh on it's own anymore.
- (2022-03-11, v:1.3.0) Thomas Lane: A couple suggestions
This is turning into a nice replacement for what was TwitchNow that I used for years. A shame that the API changed and/or the dev is MIA, but understandable. Was going to use one of the forks of TwitchNow that people are working on via GitHub, but decided to give this a go. I'm enjoying it but have a few things: 1) A manual refresh button somewhere would be nice, sometimes I want to refresh the window because a streamer came online and its not showing up forcing me to click off it then open it again. 2) If a manual refresh option is to be added, I'd suggest changing the icon for 'Rerun' then as well since it's using the typical icon for a refresh. No suggestions on what to change it to, you'll have to figure that out. 3) The uptime format bothers me -- I *really* dislike it as h:mm or hh:mm - would much prefer hh:mm:ss or written out like '5h55m' --> Perhaps you could make this an optionable preference but at the same time you don't seem to have many options anywhere so maybe you want it to be a streamlined experience, idk? 4) This doesn't affect me, but keep in mind that some people have colorblindness and red is one of the major colors associated with it, so using red for the viewer count may not be having the intended effect for everyone. There are websites that can show you what colorblind people see search for the terms 'what do colorblind people see' and have a look. While it's strictly, in this case, aesthetic it's always something to keep in mind when developing a public program.
- (2022-03-11, v:1.3.0) Ben Shapiro Adderall Tanjiro: Force Refresh
force refresh would be great
- (2022-03-08, v:1.3.0) Wilson: Is this unsafe?
Safe Browsing Hardening does not trust this extension
- (2022-03-06, v:1.2.1) steven berroa: Its not really important by any means but..
Just for quality of life stuff even though it looks awesome already; A custom sound notifications and a Viewer Count on 'top categories' would be a nice touch. Just putting my thoughts in. Great work here. Thanks!
- (2022-03-06, v:1.2.1) Johan Scherling: Popout as default
Not sure if I'm alone in this, but I mostly just view the stream and not interact with the chat. So with the old extension I used so the default when opening was in the popout. I can see that there is a menu option to open it in popout, but my wish is to be able to enable it to be the default opening method.
- (2022-03-06, v:1.2.0) Frank Rizzo: Settings
When I change the Viewer Count to Broadcaster and Descending the Ascending, these do not save. Is there a way to save my preferred settings?
- (2022-03-04, v:1.1.2) Nina: Is it possible to add sorting by stream uptime?
- (2022-03-04, v:1.1.2) Tobias Witzke: browsing history?
why it needs now acces to the browsing history?
- (2022-03-02, v:0.1.0) Veeh: Vivaldi support?
Hi Vivaldi is chrome based and I cannot log in. I though initially it was due to the changes with twitch API. But it looks like no one is having this issue. When I click login with twitch, I see a pop open but for not even a sec it close right away. Anyone having issue with vivaldi ? thanks
- (2022-03-02, v:0.1.0) Marc Poppe: Open multiple streams without window closing in between
I usually open a couple streams in tabs to see what's going and decide on what stream to keep open. At the moment when I click a stream it always closes the Gumbo popout window. My suggestion would be that middle click opens a stream in the background and keeps the Gumbo window open so it would be possible to middle click another without having to 'reopen' the extension window.
- (2022-03-01, v:0.1.0) Maheen Adeel: Notifications
does this give a sound or desktop notification when someone goes live?
- (2022-03-01, v:0.1.0) Tanguy Che: acount connexion
when i click on login nothing append, do you have a solution ?
- (2022-03-01, v:0.1.0) Daniel Svátek: Reruns
Hey, could you please add some indicator that the stream is a rerun? thanks
- (2022-03-01, v:0.1.0) Ben Marshall: Section for followed games
Hi, Please could you add a section for followed games as well as followed streamers? Thanks.