Right-click on a profile picture, our model will detect if that image contains a GAN generated or real person!
How to use V7 Deepfake Detector - Install V7 Chrome extension - Enable Chrome notifications on your computer - Choose the profile picture you want to scan - Right-click on the picture and select "Check Fake Profile Picture" - See results in the top right-hand corner notification DISCLAIMERS/NOTES: - Currently only works on Desktop - This chrome extension uses notifications to output the AI model results, so be sure to have them activated and not to have 'Do Not Disturb' mode when using it - If you are on a Mac, you can often find the results in your notification center which you can access by swiping with two fingers from the right edge of the trackpad to the left. - This AI model only works with StyleGAN images used to generate fake human faces of people who don't really exist. It does not detect video deepfakes or face swaps. - Does not currently work with deep fakes in video or face swaps
- (2022-12-02) Molly Nicholson: Does not work AT ALL despite following all of the tutorials and help.
- (2022-11-16) Kevin Collins: This is hit or miss. I have to start the browser up fresh to use it. It will work one one or two profile pics and then it stops and I have to restart the browser to use it again. When it works, it's been great, but it fails to return a result enough times to be useful.
- (2022-09-13) Manfred Pürro: Does not work at all. It does add an entry to the Right-Click Menu, but clicking on that does nothing.
- (2022-06-05) it worked only once after that it doesn't show my any notification. overall this app is designed in a real funky way
- (2022-05-19) Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay: Useful. Works great and super easy to use!
- (2022-05-15) Danny T: Very consistent. The only issue is the requirement for notifications and the need to open some images in a new tab.
- (2022-05-04) Avi Bewtra: Awesome fake profile detector. Cool use of tech, and a handy extension.
- (2022-05-03) Rohit Kundu: Amazing tool, and very easy to use!
- (2022-05-01) Selim Tüylü: Uygulama hiç faydalı değil. Gerçek olarak algıladığı profil fotoğrafı haber sitelerinde paylaşılmış. Fotoğraf gerçek ama kullanan kişi gerçek değil.
- (2022-04-22) Richard I Porter: Demands excessive notification permissions. Even once youve got it allowed (through chrome and also your OS mac or windows) its kinda of hit or miss whether it will return a score at all. Based on testing 1 known real person it got that right 1 suspected GAN got that right 1 unknown ruled not a GAN. Decided it wasnt worth the hassle. Uninstalling now. Advice to developer: just make a webpage to demonstrate this capability. Extension seems very unnecessary to end user, and creates lots of bugs.
- (2022-04-10) Carlos Grether: Lovely and usefull
- (2022-04-02) P West: Doesn't seem to work on mobile? Is this just a problem that with mobile in general? The right click/long press menu doesn't seem to populated with the extension option? Any way I can help debug this?
- (2022-03-25) Berend: This does not work. At. All. Tried three generated faces and it mumbles something about 99.8% real face. Tried one real photo, and it says its 53.9% fake. Uninstalled.
- (2022-03-24) Farzad Rashidi: This is pretty cool, I can now easily spot fake connection requests on Linkedin,
- (2022-03-20) Santhosh k: How to use the tool, it does not work for me when right click on the image
- (2022-03-17) Joey Backs: In today's age of fast-spreading misinformation tools like this are essential. So simple yet so powerful, 5/5.
- (2022-03-17) David Bielenberg: Is this a fake review? With this chrome extension you will find out quickly. Wonderful tool
- (2022-03-16) Marysia Maryskina: Great tool, easy to implement and use!
- (2022-03-15) Maciek Duszynski: Works smoothly and lets you identify fake profile photos. A very useful tool!
- (2022-03-15) Iga Socik: Very easy to use, quick to plugin and awesome tool helping to fight with fake news.
- (2022-03-15) Olaf-Sebastian Krysik: Useful tool that works like charm. Can help you quickly detect any type of fake imagery, which primarily includes fake accounts. Helps me filter out all the nonsense spawned by endless trolls on Social media, and is a good step in the overall fight against fake news. Can see it being useful as a tool for other cases as well - i.e. by helping with the detection of fake ecommerce reviews. Good job V7!
- (2022-03-15) Przemysław Szustak: Awesome tool helping in the fight with fake news & accounts!
- (2022-03-15) Emilia Korczyńska: Cool extension for identifying fake social media accounts used for spam.
- (2022-03-15) Rafal Zadlowski: I love it! Super smooth and easy to use. I was looking for a similar solution earlier and I'm glad I finally found it. Thanks!
- (2022-03-15) Very easy to use, quick to plugin to social media sites. Accuracy is immense.
- (2022-03-15) Agata Krzysztofik: Great solution for being able to quickly identify fake profiles on Instagram, LinkedIn, and the web.
- (2022-03-15) Jesse Lopinski: Very impressed by the accuracy and ease-of-use of this deepfake detector. Definitely worth trying out
- (2022-07-23, v:0.1.2) A D: This extension doesn't work.
This extension doesn't work. All notifications are turned on, via windows os settings and chrome settings. Nice try boo.
- (2022-07-17, v:0.1.2) Sasha Zabelin: popup opened first time after install, with [object, object] notification. After that - nothing
I installed the extension on Mac 11.6.5 - chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 - developer mode enabled. Right after the installation of V7 extension, a popup opened up with something object,object. I closed the message and tried again, but now I can't get any popup to open at all. All notifications are enabled (as far as I can see). Things I've tried: restart chrome browser remove extension and install again enable in incognito from settings and tried linkedin profile there. Popup does not show up.
- (2022-07-13, v:0.1.2) Lori Davis: Extension not working for me
Hi, I installed this extension yesterday and it is not working for me either. I have looked at my Security settings and cannot see anything that could be preventing it from working. Any suggestions?
- (2022-04-07, v:0.1.2) Jeff Schultz: Extension Not Working - Need Assistance
I've allowed notifications in Chrome from https://www.v7labs.com/ as well as allowed notifications on Windows but it's still not working. Right clicking and then clicking on the drop down for v7 to check does nothing, with no result at the top, either. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2022-03-25, v:0.1.1) Disa Marnesdottr: Which site notifications? All of them?
Extension not working if I enable notifications for https://www.v7labs.com/. Do I have to enable ALL chrome notifications for this to work?
- (2022-03-20, v:0.0.6) Sanyog Jain: Images being collected
Respected sir/ma'am, When I use your extension on a profile photo, is the image sent to your servers or any other third party servers? If yes, how long is the data retained and for what purposes is it used? Will the image be used for training? Thanking you