A Browser Extension for Faster Reading on ANY website!
Jiffy Reader is an extension that allows for faster reading of any webpage. The way that Jiffy Reader works is by taking a certain port of every or some of the words and changing the font weight. For example, in our default settings we take the first half of every word and make it bolder. This allows for a more seamless reading experience. This way, Jiffy Reader guides your eyes seamlessly over the page via the use of these fixation points. This encourages a smoother reading experience while maintaining comprehension of the words. Many people with ADHD have also reported such methods to help them stay focussed while reading. We hope that by using the Jiffy Reader extension you too will be able to read large amounts of text faster, more easily, and with greater comprehension. Features #### Global preferences button - clicking this button enters global mode where your preferences are saved and applied to applied to all other sites when you open them afterwards #### Site preferences button - Clicking this buttons activates and saves preferences only for the site you are presently on. - Any changes you make with the other buttons and sliders persist for only this site. #### Enable reading mode button - Click this button to turn on/off bolded text on the page. - Press `ALT + B` to achieve the same effect as clicking this button on chrome. see the [shortcut-section](#shortcut) for more info. #### Saccades interval slider - Use this slider to set how many words are left untouched/unbolded or un-emphasized after the first emphasized word or the first word. - 0 means there will not be a single or any untouched words, all words are emphasized. - 1 means exactly 1 word is left untouched before the next successive emphasized word. - 2 means 2 words are left untouched so does 3 and 4. #### Fixation strength slider - Use this to control how much or how little of each word is emphasized you your liking . #### Fixation edge opacity - Use this to control how faint(weakly visible) or strongly visible you want the edge(un-emphasized) part of words to appear. #### Saccades colors - Use this to select a means of emphasization using colors. #### Saccades styles - Use this to select a means of emphasization using bold variations or underline variations. #### Line height buttons - Use these buttons to increase or decrease line height to strain and improve the confort of reading. #### Always on/off button - Use this button to controls the default behaviour which is if words on pages are or aren't emphasized when loaded by default. #### Reset Defaults - Resets preferences of the currently engaged preference mode. ### Google Play Books Native (Epub and PDF support) - This extension works with [google play books](https://play.google.com/books) 1. Open or navigate to [google play books](https://play.google.com/books) 2. Click on any book in your library to read it and turn on the extension if not on already 3. You can search for new books (paid or free) and add to your library to start reading Change Log: 184.108.40.2066 Fix: missing line height label 220.127.116.115 Support spanish translations You can volunteer language translations through our github page. 18.104.22.1683 Added theming 22.214.171.1242 Fix firefox compatibility Improve post first install actions 126.96.36.1991 Google play scroll fix Notion fixes 188.8.131.520 Fix: Broken grammarly input and data loss 184.108.40.206 Fix: broken google books support Fix: Youtube comment input bug 220.127.116.11 Fix: GitHub textarea freezing while typing Show FAQ page to onboard new users and set default reading mode to off Update(docs): indicate the default reading mode is off 1.0.8 fix: twitter tweet input form bug Fix: popup buttons not responding and improvements on first click Updated popup ui, fixation split increase to 4 parts 18.104.22.168 Fix broken global, site and enable buttons Updated the interface with new options and features See detailed change log on github https://github.com/ansh/jiffyreader.com/releases/latest
- (2023-10-12) M: Give us the option to change fonts please. I'm reading class material that is in horrible awful to read font. Just having a few basic options would be great. Times new roman, etc.
- (2023-09-30) Thijs Lumeij: I even use it on my phone (kiwi browser although it isn't perfect on kiwi) it helps me concentrate reading text.
- (2023-09-26) Antonis Sampalis: Its great but a real hustle to get it to work on pdf i havent managed it yet,would be a 5 star otherwise
- (2023-08-26) Skye: Works beautifully so far! Even works for my digital textbooks through Pearson, which is what I was really needing. This should really help a lot with studying, thanks!
- (2023-08-17) Vitor Lobão: the extension is great, not sure if it was bought or transferred but it keeps opening a tab to advertise some other extension
- (2023-08-17) Vitor Lobao: keeps opening a new tab with some maxai advertisement, not sure if the extension got bought or hacked, but I do not condone this behaviour.
- (2023-07-12) 張字昊Howard: This extension is excellent ~ hope to use it on android tablet without any problem.
- (2023-06-25) BA Dk: As ADHDer this is the best extension tested! Bionic reading is a necessary tool for me. Tks guys!
- (2023-06-19) Johann Reimann: Makes it's job perfectly.
- (2023-06-15) Eric Fortin: Works well with Brave Browser. Great Bionic Reading extension!
- (2023-06-14) Gabriel Di Bella: Loved it! Needs some touching up on the web version of outlook but otherwise works great and very easy to use.
- (2023-06-13) Jeanchristophe Cavalca: Rien à dire, super extension qui mérite d'être plus connu.
- (2023-06-05) Emiliano Fernandez: This extension is not working on bing chat webpage and is one of the most influential pages right now
- (2023-05-26) Ashli: Really good, much better than the alternatives. Although, it doesn't really help with reading names... I'm not sure what the solution would be for that
- (2023-05-26) Chris H: love the extension btw Came from bionic readers review sections, you're a savage fr xD LMAO
- (2023-05-23) Phillip Kjærvoll: best
- (2023-05-19) Nikita Pochapynskyi: Just great! I love it!
- (2023-05-16) SkankHunt42: The link for Opera on this page : https://github.com/ansh/jiffyreader.com#pdf-and-epub-support doesn't work for me 😥
- (2023-05-15) Darshil Lashkari: just finominal
- (2023-05-11) Hugeturnip: life changing love it
- (2023-05-08) Nate Davis: LOVE the idea. need this to work on PDFs and Google docs
- (2023-05-06) Sloan Davis: Great extension for bionic reading on the web
- (2023-05-02) Anthony Abrew: How do you use this extension on pdfs in chrome browser? Does not seem to work and would be the only reason i would use it.
- (2023-05-02) Mustafa Issa: Thank you for this amazing tool I can now read scribd with this 👏👏
- (2023-05-02) Satvik Soni: This is great! Any way to use it on a Google Doc while actively working on a document? That would make this 10/10
- (2023-04-25) Grace Blackett: This Reader works well for webpages but definitely jumbles them up if they're complex. It also doesn't work if you're viewing a PDF in a browser.
- (2023-04-20) GDK: Good extension, Would appreciate finer control of transparency and boldness, though.
- (2023-04-18) Cristian Carlos dos Santos: Tem funcionado muito bem sem precisar sair da página como demais ferramentas.
- (2023-04-13) MJ Wright: It works on my eTextbook within RedShelf's eReader!! My ADHD brain is having trouble keeping up with all the reading for my courses, but this significantly helps me get through it without getting hung up on all every word and detail. And much easier to use and applicable on more page types than a previous bionic reader I tried. Thank you!
- (2023-03-17) Anders Pearce: I have a lot of reading for school and I've been losing my mind. I decided to search for bionic reader extensions and found this. I just barely downloaded it and I'm obsessed (I tried another one first and it didn't work). It won't change an active Google Doc, so I downloaded it as a web page (html, zipped), opened that in Chrome, and voilà! It's not perfect (for example, it's not doing anything to this review page), but where it can work, it works beautifully. The panel for adjusting/customizing your settings is has a great UX and UI.
- (2023-03-09) SkepticSeptic: Looks a little janky sometimes, but incredible extension with that aside. Also a suggestion: Maybe at least an option to disable bionic formatting for bold text or some other way to seperate it from other text?
- (2023-03-08) Marcus Poniewierski: Amazing! Is there anyway to use this on apps (discord, twitter, notion), and mobile in general?
- (2023-03-08) Jeroen van der Linden: Extremely helpful for people with adhd and/or dyslexia! Does wonders, extremely thankful to have found this plugin.
- (2023-03-08) s h: 10/10. Extremely helpful extension.
- (2023-03-06) Teddy Ramirez: Y como hago para que la aplicación lea ????????????????????????????????
- (2023-03-06) Anisah Banks: Oh Em Gee!!! I just discovered what bionic reading is and BOY-oh-BOY do I wish I had this when I was in school!! I sometimes would have dyslexia and ADHD-like symptoms while trying to study and this right here!!! This right hereeeeeeeeeee!!!! This is so great, easy to use and super customizable. I previously tried a different one and it didn't work on every page. I sometimes need it for work emails and this worked and is just a life saver. Now i will actually be the "Cortana" my friends call me I'll even be able to read through game guides 17x faster now. Devs.... you are amazing! Thank you for this gem, like.... seriously life changing! 💕
- (2023-03-06) Carson Bruenderman: Wow, I now need this for every everything I read now. I recommend turning Fixations Edge Opacity to 100% when on desktop.
- (2023-02-15) ٌّ ٌّ: What a beauty of an extension. Thank you Jiffy Reader. I went for the "official" bionic reader extensions and it didn't work AT ALL, perhaps because they have a webap or some other nonsense. This extension will be ALL you need to view any page you like using the bionic reading method. For me, the default settings are perfect, but there are a ton of readily understandable and accessible tweaks you can make to customize to your heart's desire. It's the only alternative I've tried to the official extension, but it's better and imo it's the best available. There are two improvements I'd like to see: 1. Make it activated by default on a site per site basis. 2. allow highlighting a selection words to be converted to bionic text. Would make for a good context menu entry - Which of course should be removeable from the settings if you don't use that feature and don't want to clutter your (probably) already cluttered context menus.
- (2023-02-13) Katerina Zvonikova: Literally saved my life, the extension works with my University assignment website. The best and only easy to use extension by far!
- (2023-01-08) Christi Pugh: works fine on websites but doesn't work with HTML converted PDFs :(
- (2022-12-28) Ansh Nanda: The best bionic reading chrome extension available. This is what Bionic Reader should have been.
- (2022-12-12) Jc Bryant: This is the only BR extension that has worked for me!
- (2022-11-05) Arnold: Doesn't work on PDF, but they provide a fix
- (2022-11-03) Khodok: I love it, but there's an issue in Google Books, activating it adds a scrollbar. It would be awesome to have a way via this extension to prevent this.
- (2022-10-08) Dale Thomas: This is single handily the most ilife changing extension I have ever come across. I am 50 and have always struggled with comprehension and being able concentrate on reading. This is a game changer. I happily purchased a cup of coffee to JiffyReader and you should too if you enjoy jiffy reader.
- (2023-09-26, v:1.1.2) Michael Golden Warner: Is there a way to turn off data collection?
I would love to use this plugin but my company has strong security policies is there a way to turn off the data collection process so I can use this plugin?
- (2023-04-30, v:22.214.171.1240) Adaya Deno: verify account
it won't let me verify my account. it just says verify account but hasn't sent me an email link. I have checked by junk folder
- (2023-04-30, v:126.96.36.1990) Keith Flowers: help
I have written a document in MS word, I am simply trying to use the benefits of Jiffy or Bionic reading tools. How to i connect these two programs. I thought it was as simple as downloading them and choosing what document to apply the bolding to please help, Desperate reader KP
- (2023-04-08, v:188.8.131.520) Anders Pearce: PDFs Online
Hi! Is there a way to make JiffyReader work for PDFs online? I'm in school and want to use bionic reading for textbooks, most of which come in PDF form, but I can't get the extension to read PDFs and other files even though I have the file permission set to on. Thanks!
- (2023-03-07, v:184.108.40.2060) Justme: Kindle
I came across your extension on a social media post. Have been a lifelong reader...my one love. That was until I had a near death experience 5 years ago, and now my brain refused to allow me to read. Until I saw an example of what your extension can do. Amazing. I could actually read comfortably. Please make this so it works with Kindle!!!
- (2023-03-06, v:220.127.116.110) Teddy Ramirez: No puedo poner a leer la aplicacion
Pueden explicarme con detalle donde esta el bendito boton para que empiece a leer.?????????????????????????????.. esta escondido, ?????????????????????????hay una clave secreta arcana muy misteriosa para que lea????????????????????????????????????????????????????
- (2022-12-05, v:18.104.22.1680) André Alexandre Bocchi: Isn`t working with google play books
I bought a book on google play books, and I`m trying to use jiffy reader, but doesn`t work
- (2022-10-19, v:22.214.171.1240) Dale Thomas: Issue with LinkedIn
Just an FYI - using JiffyReader on Linkedin.com causes the browser to become unresponsive. This repros on multiple devices. When I disable the plug in LinkedIn loads as expected. Browser: Version 106.0.5249.119 Mac: MacOS Monterey 12.6
- (2022-09-19, v:126.96.36.1990) Hannah Weinstein: Doesn't work with vital source
Whenever trying to use with vital source, the application through which most online textbooks are used in University, the site crashes and jiffyreader does not function. The only reason I downloaded the extension was to use it on vital source so will delete until available.
- (2022-09-12, v:188.8.131.520) Yanni Cao: Google doc support
This is SOOOO lovely and easy to use. Is this supporting google doc now or plan to support in the future? I found google doc is the place where I read the most. It will be super helpful jiffy reader support it
- (2022-07-12, v:184.108.40.206) Topic Thunder: kindle cloud reader
Hi the only highlighted text appears to be the page title on the kindle cloud reader. Have I configured it incorrectly, also can you advise if I can use this on my kindle device?