A browser action that will create a tab with the Music Beta Web App if none is already opened in the current browser window and…
A browser action that will create a tab with the Music Beta Web App if none is already opened in the current browser window and Play/Pause it if it's there. When Music Beta is already available in the same browser instance/profile (which may be in another window) as the browser action that is clicked on, then a play/pause event is sent to the Web App to start playing if it was in pause mode, or to pause if it was in play mode. The icon shows a little play symbol (▷) in the top half when the Web App is ready to play, and a pause symbol (◫) when it is currently playing. The Music Beta icon is displayed naked otherwise. The omnibox command prefix mc (for Music Controller) followed by <space> or <tab> gives access to four commands 1) Skip (sk), 2) Restart (rs) 3) PlayPause (pp) and 4) Foreground (fg) to bring the Web App tab to the foreground. These commands are available in the suggest menu. You might also be interested in getting the related Music Beta Skip controller here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lfpilffkipfhpoccjdiebpdjbdmfpefg You can find more detailed user documention about the extentions here: http://code.google.com/p/music-beta-controller/wiki/UserDocumentation The code for these extensions is open source and available here: http://code.google.com/p/music-beta-controller/ You can see what was added to individual releases here: https://code.google.com/p/music-beta-controller/wiki/ReleaseNotes You can file bugs and feature requests here: http://code.google.com/p/music-beta-controller/issues/list You can use this other group to discuss usage of these extensions: http://groups.google.com/group/music-beta-controller-discuss And you can register to this one for communicating with other users of these extensions: http://groups.google.com/group/music-beta-controller-users
- (2017-05-12) Paul H: Not sure if this is only me, but I can use the control to stop the music, but it does not work to start it back up. I have to go back into the tab and click play from there. Love the app and it used to work both-ways all the time. Not sure when it stopped resuming music, but it has been many months, for sure.
- (2016-02-08) Daniel Clayson: The icon turns the music off, or it turns the music on, and that's it. Which is exactly what I wanted. Great extension!
- (2014-02-06) Lars Kilian: It doesn't work.
- (2014-02-01) Aaron Bergman: Works great !
- (2014-01-23) Maxx Mannheimer: Great start, but it needs more functionality.Double click skip forward would be awesome. Thumb up and down would be a nice feature as well. Hoping for global hotkeys in the future.
- (2013-11-14) Richard Mann: Needs three buttons: back + play/pause + skip along with the appropriate icons. All in one extension, when it can do this I will rate it 5 stars. I am amazed no one has an extension that do this already.
- (2013-10-13) Alejandro Rodriguez Mann: this is great!!! i really hope the developer makes more options... like back button!! please please please!!
- (2013-10-03) can you add "next song" on double click please?
- (2013-07-17) Chris Larmouth: 5 stars when I can differentiate between this and the skip icon.
- (2013-07-04) Angelo Adam: can you make an omnibox command prefix to upvote a track?
- (2013-06-26) Spencer Warner: Great extension. It used to have an icon indicating status (play/pause) but at some point it it stopped working. As another reviewer mentioned if you have this and the skip extension installed the icons are the same which is annoying. I would love a fix but am too used to having them to uninstall at this point.
- (2013-05-31) Roger Turner: I find this extension to be convenient for accessing my Google Play Account. Only thing that would make it better is some form of task bar control on the actual desktop.
- (2012-11-16) Tom Hallman: Perfect for my needs. Similar extensions have drop-downs, etc., but then I have to click multiple times. I just want to play/pause with one click without changing tabs. Thanks!!
- (2012-02-29) Misha M.-Kupriyanov: It works