Latest Significant Earthquakes
Be alerted about the Latest EMSC Significant Earthquakes! The Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Centre proposes an innovative browser extension that displays only the earthquakes that matter to people. Each year 97% of the earthquakes around the world are detected only by instruments. About 1000 earthquakes are of interest to the general public because they are felt. This service is based on the EMSC seismic rapid detection tools and monitored by seismologists. The EMSC is a non-profit scientific organization created in 1975 which federates 84 institutes from 55 different countries. It offers rapid earthquake information to the public and international organizations. The EMSC aims to reach the eyewitnesses and encourage them to fill in their earthquake questionnaire and send pictures that can be shared with all the citizens. The EMSC browser extension is based on the significant earthquakes (i.e. known to be felt and/or potentially damaging) detected by the EMSC. It proposes several features that allow the users to be notified in case of a new significant earthquake: - A list, available via the button added to the browsing bar, shows the latest significant earthquakes and is updated in real time. - A thin thumbnail is always visible on your browser that shows the latest significant earthquakes. The user can set the position of the thumbnail on his browser. - A click on the thumbnail leads to the web page dedicated to this earthquake. - The user can be notified of a new significant earthquake by an audible or a visual notification. These notifications can be tested and activated/deactivated via the “Settings” panel available via the button in browsing bar.
- (2020-02-04) Ege ADIYAMAN: The alert voice is surprisingly good. You can enable static signs that shows you the last earthquake. One big mistake makes the app useless; alerts are delaying 5 to 40 minutes. Alert time settings and local zone options would be helpful.
- (2018-10-06) william rico: excelente extencion
- (2017-01-08) zafer: Thanks !..
- (2016-12-09) Rade Ban: sve dobro radi. možda malo ažurnija obrada podataka.
- (2016-04-14) Gilles Mazet-Roux: Very useful add-on which only focus on important earthquakes: those that have been felt or have been damaging. And the "Shake it alert" is just cool !
- (2015-06-02) 7 zero: This is helpful but one feature that it never goes is annoying sometimes. Option like 1 min ,2 min should be included. Thank You!
- (2015-01-08) antonino stella: you corrected audio alerts. it would be good to be able to costumize it (region, magnitude), to get only alerts for quakes of my country
- (2014-09-17) Vagharshak Petrosyan: Hi can you make it realtime?
- (2014-03-16) Pops Radish: This extension has the protensual but has things to be sorted out,one is when you are notified on screen the notification do not go away which is very distracting.An update is needed.
- (2019-02-07, v:1.0.6) William Huser: Can you have a magnitude filter?
Can you filter out earthquakes below a certain magnitude. For example, I only want to see earthquakes above 5.0 magnitude.
- (2018-11-17, v:1.0.6) No longer works with newest Chrome Update
Hello, this awesome app no longer works with the newest Chrome update. Please update app ASAP! I hate to lose this!