Makes the layout of Google News dark while retaining the original feel.
A Theme that makes Google News dark while retaining the original look. Make it easy on the eyes !
- (2020-08-23) Regis Bodnar: At first glance, it looks just like the Android app! That's all I need and want! I haven't found anywhere where the theme is weirdly broken, either!
- (2020-08-20) Himadri Bhattacharya: Worked like a charm. Easier on the eyes and way cooler!
- (2020-08-10) Alex G: Marche en frnacais!! Merci.
- (2020-03-31) Tim Bryson: I would like to say this is a great app but for some reason once I installed it websites start thinking I am in CA. For instance I set my zip in the Best Buy website to my local one but once I added this extension is started showing me on CA. I uninstalled it and it went back to where i am.Almost like there is a man in the middle / snooping happening. For that reason I don't trust it enough to continue using it.
- (2019-11-15) Spyros D.: Works really nice in version 78. Thank you!
- (2019-08-06) C S: Looks good. The embedded tweets (especially in the From Twitter sections) are unreadable.
- (2019-07-09) Frank Tedesco: As of today, this extension broke News Menus at left. Toggle on and off to see the effect. Dev76
- (2019-06-14) K Brown: My eyes thank you very much for creating this extension. I haven't used it for long but I haven't ound any problems at all.
- (2019-05-15) Matt Bobzien: I'm so glad that I found this. Thank you!
- (2019-04-03) A G: Pretty good! Would be even better without the light borders on the news boxes. They look a bit busy. The boxes in the right sidebar that have no border look great. Would like to see that style everywhere. Lines just equal more visual noise.
- (2019-03-09) Mateusz Czekaj: Bardzo fajne rozszerzenie ale brakuje mi opcji automatycznej zmiany wyglądu np. przy zachodzie słońca bądź o wybranej przez siebie porze.
- (2019-01-18) Mark White: Works great if it needs an update ...its fast
- (2018-12-19) Brad Sando: Love the extension, but Chrome 71 broke it. The left menu is white...
- (2018-11-07) Eric Schnoor: Works great... google changed google news again today and it messed it up but the author has already put out an update that fixes it. Highly recommend.
- (2018-09-17) Brad R: Awesome extension for Chrome and the News page! This extension was just updated, so the search area is now all the same dark grey as everything else. Thanks for building this one, it's great!
- (2018-08-21) Wendy: The top bar (where the search bar is) is blaring white against all the black. Is there an update in the making? Thank you.
- (2018-08-14) No longer up to date!
- (2018-06-07) Ryan Wade Platner: OMG....YES!!!!!! Solid!
- (2018-05-20) Jae ONeill: On latest version of GNews (May 2018), this dark theme worked. This makes it much easier on the eyes for night/dark area reading. Would like to have ability to toggle on/off in its icon tool.
- (2018-05-18) Save your eyes with this extension! Recommended for anyone that prefers a darker background while news reading.
- (2020-08-04, v:1.9.2) Richard Keeran: google news is not dark
i have had dark mode for google news for a while with very few problems. 2 days ago it stopped being dark and the currant light mode does not have enough contrast to be readable (and i am color blind). i use google news daily and need the darkness back. i have not updated or added anything new to my laptop recently.
- (2020-06-05, v:1.8.7) Andy Skrenes: Extend to Google Calendar?
I'd love to see this expanded to Google Calendar - It's the only other Google service I use that doesn't have its own Dark Mode.
- (2019-07-09, v:220.127.116.11) Sergio Ramos: Dark Theme for Google News 18.104.22.168
Ne fonctionne plus correctement depuis ce jour avec google chrome 75....
- (2019-04-21, v:1.7.2) Michael H: Won't turn back to light version
After news.google.com has turned dark, one can't turn it back to light without opening a new page. I have chosen the option "This can read and change site data" > "When you click on the extension", and after I have made the page dark and then reloaded (per instructions), I can not click on the extension again to make it white when I want to revert back, with out have to open a new tab with new.google.com. Perhaps it's suppose to be like this, but it would be better if I can simply click on the icon and it turns back to white with a reload, instead of having to open a new tab. Thanks.
- (2019-01-17, v:1.3) Mark White: No longer working
changes make it all dark but the main header is unchanged search field is dark but rest of header is unaffected
- (2018-12-21, v:0.9.9.7) Glenn Doolan: Dark Theme is Showing White and Black Sections
White each side dark in the main new section
- (2018-12-20, v:0.9.9.7) Firefly64: Dark Theme is Showing White and Black Sections
12/19/2018 I am using Chrome 71.0.3578.98. When I bring up web pages like Google News, I get Vertical White Sections and Black Sections.
- (2018-12-19, v:0.9.9.7) Brad Sando: Background in Chrome for Windows and Chrome OS version 71 is white.
Background in Chrome for Windows and Chrome OS version 71 is white. This problem appeared as soon as Chrome 71 was updated.
- (2018-12-18, v:0.9.9.7) M Braz: Header whiter
Como outros usuários notei também que o header se tornou branco. Porem ao suprimir o header [quando se clicka no menu-3barras] e depois retornando, normaliza ao tema dark.
- (2018-12-11, v:0.9.9.4) George San Lucas: Header showing white
Hello, The header is showing as white. I see that about a week ago another person had the same issue and you said it had been fixed in a new version. Just wanted to give you a heads up that its still occurring! Thanks, George
- (2018-12-05, v:0.9.9.3) Mario Navone: Broken, Header is showing white again
Broken, Header is showing white again
- (2018-11-28, v:0.9.9.2) Justin Montoya: Broken, Header is showing white again.
Broken, Header is showing white again.