Displays the current bitcoin price at Bitstamp.
Displays the latest Bitcoin price at BitStamp. Background color-coded: more greenish means closer to the maximum of the day, more reddish means closer to the minimum. Options allow entering a Bitcoin quantity for real-time value conversion and the currency you wish to follow (EUR or USD). Popup shows last value, daily high and low, ask, bid, number of Bitcoins owned, their value, bitcoincharts.com charts of the past two days and of the past year. DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with Bitstamp or bitcoin charts in any way. CHANGELOG v. 1.3.1: added support for prices > 10,000 (displayed as 00.0k) v. 1.3: finally added dot (changes in Chrome allow for smaller fonts) v. 1.2: added support for Euro exchange v. 1.1: added daily high and low.
- (2017-12-13) Pitersky Abramovitch: it's great, but the price is not displaying fully: 165.... Can you not make an option to display rounded price, like 16.5K or 16.53?
- (2017-12-08) Joel Babb: THE TICKER IS $1000 OFF
- (2017-05-26) Baqar Rizvi: nice extension
- (2016-05-26) Ricardo Filipe: It would be perfect if it only showed the 3 first digits and if it showed the Euro price graphs, when that currency is selected.
- (2016-03-04) Tristan Mitchell: Very useful.
- (2019-04-26, v:1.3) Dan C: Price not correct
Hi, the price seems to be stuck at 5495 USD for a couple of days now, I've tried removing from Chrome and reinstalling, it hasn't made any difference. Anything you can suggest?
- (2016-06-17, v:1.2) Ricardo Filipe: changes to the extension
hi, i changed the code to do what i suggested, you are free to use it. unfortunately bitcoincharts doesn't have the bitstampEUR chart so I used the krakenEUR charts instead. cheers https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/803969/bitstamp%20ticker%20v3.zip
- (2016-05-20, v:1.2) Ricardo Filipe: why 4 digits
thanks for making a ticker with Bitstamp EUR for us. But i got to ask, why do you use 4 digits? If it's a matter of space so you can't put the comma, I much rather have the ticker show the rounded unitary value, and then i can click it to see the decimals in the details. Also, would it be possible/interesting to have the btceur charts with Eur selected?