Allows you to set the font and size of Arabic text, making it easy to read.
Huruf is an extension built to make reading Arabic text easier. Most online text written with the Arabic script is small and set in a hard-to-read font. Huruf fixes this by allowing you to customize the font, font size, and line height used to render Arabic text, making it easier to read. Huruf supports any language written with characters from the Perso-Arabic Unicode blocks, so it will work with any language written in the Perso-Arabic script (Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Punjabi, etc). All fonts used by Huruf are licensed under the SIL Open Font License, and Type Specimens for each font can be found at the Google Fonts project (fonts.google.com). More information on the OFL can be found at http://scripts.sil.org/OFL. Promotional tile images based upon "Wadi Rum sunset" (Lawrence Murray, licensed under CC-BY-2.0)
- (2020-02-08) Joe Harris: Works great for Arabic! Can I haz one for Farsi, too?
- (2019-10-26) Habibul Haque: 1) Please, add >>turn off for this site<< button. like ABP extension, it would be very nice, time saving. 2) extend its capability on more sites if possible. like Facebook etc. btw, JazaakAllah Khairan.
- (2019-07-21) Nezih Duzen: Very useful for me but unfortunately it does not work on Facebook.
- (2018-12-05) Faisal Parulian: ?good extension, but can you make on/off switcher
- (2018-10-22) Reizaal Aziz: Thank you for better readability for Arabic font. For facebook and youtube (and some other sites), I found this script for Tampermonkey. It says it is for firefox but works on chrome too via https://userstyles.org/styles/128813/arabic-font-fix open in tampermonkey chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/ask.html?aid=0ec2f7ef-e6ac-4434-933f-c73d9fb9abc2
- (2018-10-02) Faisal al-Mahmudi: This is great! But it needs two essential things. 1. Ability to custom choose the font. 2. Ability to exclude particular website. Just like on Adblock Plus, you can simply click and choose not to apply the extension on this website.
- (2018-09-02) Hali Puppeh: I LOVE Huruf, but it seems to be fussy about when it wants to work. I'm in several groups to learn Arabic on Facebook and it doesn't magnify 90% of the Arabic text there, but it will do it on other sites.
- (2018-07-20) Fares Abbasi: I loved this extension ! It helps me reading arabic posts and texts comfortably Thanks for the effort
- (2018-06-25) Victor Quebec: Finally! After so many years of vain efforts (even with Advanced Font Settings)... But I wish Huruf could check website font size before increasing it (eg.: thearamaster.com) or had an option to exclude custom websites, as it doesn't look nice when a website already provides Arabic texts in user-friendly fashion. Thanks a lot!!!
- (2018-05-18) Hali Puppeh: Where has this been all my life! I always want to read more Arabic, but the font is always too small and it's a pain to zoom in and out all the time. Huruf fixed that! Shukran!
- (2018-03-01) Ian Borim: كنت أنتظر لهذا التطبيق منذ زمااااان. شكرا وشكرا على إضافة الخط الأميري.
- (2018-02-28) Madih Ali Abid: It's a great extension. Can be better if it: - Doesn't bug in few places like facebook, youtube page select etc. - Has more fonts like "Nastaleeq"
- (2017-12-28) Anthony Botting: FANTASTIC ! I'm old but gee, I did not think I was too old to read Arabic on my computer screen! Well, it seems my browser is biased! It displays the Arabic letters really, really small compared to <the script used for> English...so, this extension fixes it!!! YAY. Using Chrome browser. Thank you very much for the extension.
- (2017-10-30) Khalid Hussain: Where have you been all my life?! Brilliant extension.
- (2017-04-27) Badrul Aini Sha'ari: TQ
- (2017-03-16) rizwan ch: great extension
- (2017-01-28) Shah: It'll be a useful extension, IF it would support custom fonts. I want to use my fonts. Please add this feature.
- (2016-12-23) Oussama ELFADIL: Nothingggggg
- (2016-10-17) Mike: Thank you very much!
- (2016-03-28) James Driver: This is the greatest extension ever. 5/7.