A beautiful forecast with every new tab.
Welcome to WeatherTab, a new tab replacement extension that shows a forecast for the next five days. It only requires two permissions: geolocation and storage. It needs access to geolocation because the extension can't show the weather for where you are unless it knows where you are. It needs access to storage because it remembers your temperature scale of choice: Fahrenheit or Celsius. (The default is Fahrenheit. Click the indicator in the upper right corner to switch it.) If you have sync turned on, this setting will be synchronized to all your devices. This extension was written in my free time. If you like it, please give it a good rating on the Chrome Store and consider donating. Donate link: https://bit.ly/buypaulacoffee Read about how I built it: https://eichefam.net/2017/08/23/weathertab Changelog: 1.4 - Improved photograph credit legibility. 1.3 - Updated forecast layout. 1.2 - Changes to Flickr image search to use precise location, weather conditions, and time of day; with fallbacks to use broader search results. 1.1 - Changed temperature scale button to toggle. - Changed Flickr weather image search to be location specific with 20 mile radius, with general weather image search fallback. - Added Flickr image link and author. 1.0 - Initial release.
- (2021-03-01) Nick Venturella: Shame it no longer works (because the Yahoo Weather APIs changed in 2019)
- (2019-01-11) Broken as of 1/1/19, worked before. Now only error shows.
- (2018-10-20) Batslav: Just what i needed after the old one i used stopped working. Also does not need tons of permissions.
- (2018-10-13) W B: It's very nice - I just wish it was more customizable (more days to choose from, a solid color background instead of loading images, etc...)
- (2017-09-05) Duncan Cosser: Beautiful design, smooth and fast.
- (2019-12-15, v:1.4.3) Andriy Kryvtsun: Tab doesn't work
It shows 'Error. An error has occurred.' without any explanation. Could you, pls, fix this?
- (2018-10-21, v:1.4.3) Batslav: Temperature
There are many ways to check weather for more details but it will be nice if we can see both min and max temp for the upcoming days that are shown below.