View the active temperature of a Weather Underground Station
Chrome Extension to view the active temperature of a Weather Underground Station. Features: - Updates every 5 minutes - Click on icon to view Station page at Weather Underground - Options page to set Station ID, Celcius/Fahrenheit and refresh interval. Updated v1.1: - Change refresh interval on the Options page.
- (2020-10-09) Aaron Collier: Does not show the current temperature on the icon. It simply serves as a link to the specified weather station. That's what bookmarks are for, this thing is useless.
- (2020-06-23) Zachary Creveling: No longer works
- (2020-03-14) Matthew Tuel: Used to be great, but sometime in late 2019 the extension became useless as it wasn't reporting the correct temperature on on computer, and was stuck at 49.9F indefinitely on another. Seems to correspond with when they overhauled the app on phones. I uninstalled the extension, seems like it has been abandoned.
- (2020-02-14) Josh: If you get the right temperature, it won't stay correct for long. Loses updates so it displays old temperatures. Change to another station, no change. Seems like abandonware from the looks of things.
- (2020-02-13) Bryan Evans: Doesn't show the correct temperature anymore. Since this extension hasn't been updated since 2016, I think it's safe to say that it's dead. Time to find a replacement.
- (2020-01-25) Jay Dee: Have been using for years, but very recently the temp showing in the extension bar does not reflect the temp at the station. Mine has been showing exactly 59.8F for about 3 weeks without changing, regardless of the actual temp. Went from great to useless.
- (2020-01-22) Wilbur Yuen: So this extension used to work great. I would have given it a 4 or 5 stars. But now it's only 1 star because the temp shown in the top right says something 20F higher than what it actually is outside.
- (2020-01-17) Skeeter Hoss Extra: It stopped showing the temperature in the extension bar in Chrome after update....
- (2020-01-11) Uli Correia: Used to work very good, not sure if latest Chrome version or not, but temperature is very wrong all the time now.
- (2019-08-09) Shannon Ramay: I thought this would be like the widget on a phone, but it's not. You can choose the station yourself like on the phone. But unlike the phone version, have to know the name of the station, where on the phone you can use a map to pick the station. You can set up a small pop up window when you right click it instead of it taking you to a website - https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNVLASVE611/widgets I didn't bother trying it out. I didn't like it because, the dashboard widgets didn't have enough information, doesn't show a weekly forecast, pollen info, and i didn't like going to a website. I wish it were more like if you chose the widget then clicked on it, it would display a bigger pop up with all the stuff like the phone vers.
- (2019-04-28) Gylver Wagnon: Love the website and the widget for embedding. I used to enjoy using this from Chrome, but nowadays, it always fails, giving a 404 error. Wish you would fix it...
- (2018-08-03) Super extension, il faut par contre la paramétrer en lui indiquant l'ID de la station que l'on souhaite suivre.
- (2018-04-10) Ralph Chastain: Great. You have to have to look for the station id but that's pretty simple.
- (2017-03-01) Matthew Sutton: I couldn't log in ... so uninstalled .. great app other wise ,,, please email me when you fix login in... [email protected] ty
- (2016-12-07) Matteo Ghelfi: When u click on the icon it opens a page (with wrong locaiton btw) instead of a little widget like it does in Firefox.
- (2016-03-14) Eighties Seeker: It would be nice to have a tool tip displaying a glance of the current weather data (temperature, wind...) when just touching the icon in the extension bar.
- (2016-02-03) Dmytro Berdnik: Nice and minimalistic.
- (2015-11-18) Jonathan Pensak: Only one I can find where you can choose the weather station yourself.
- (2015-09-19) Alexandre Tavares: Simple and Perfect!
- (2015-06-09) Karl Scharler: Passt eigentlich sehr gut. Schön wäre vielleicht, wenn man unter den Optionen auch das Update-Intervall (derzeit fix 5 Minuten) ändern könnte.
- (2020-09-07, v:1.1) Darryl K: Temperature not updating on the toolbar.
The temperature has not been updating on the toolbar for months.
- (2020-01-25, v:1.1) Jay Dee: No longer showing correct temp
As several others have reported, the temp showing in the extension bar no longer updates. Mine has been showing 59.8F for 3 weeks, regardless of the temp at the weather station. Clearly an issue you need to address.
- (2020-01-09, v:1.1) Don Krupicka: Temperature no longer updating
Seems that this extension is no longer receiving temperature data from WU. Can you check to see what the problem is and provide status? thank you
- (2020-01-09, v:1.1) Trent Bolling: Temperature No Longer Updating
- (2019-12-07, v:1.1) Liz Zoob: Wrong station id
My extension displays the wrong station ID (EHAM? Where is that?) and when I put in what I believe to be my local station ID there is no temperature displayed at all, just a dot. Clicking the icon now results in a 404 error.
- (2019-09-15, v:1.1) Kevin Overland: Works once I got it set up.
Needed to RIGHT click on the icon, enter my station ID in the settings, then it works. Maybe include that in the app description? I agree that it would be better if the temp was rounded even truncated would be OK.
- (2019-07-07, v:1.1) Greg Rotz: WUTemp Chrome extension
Clicking the icon now results in a 404 error.
- (2017-04-25, v:1.1) Dan Beck: Temp
Extension icon is no longer displaying the temp.
- (2016-07-01, v:1.1) Michael Cooper: toolbar
my toolbar ALWAYS displays 16 degrees! How can I get this resolved?
- (2015-11-25, v:1.1) Jonathan Pensak: Please Remove Decimals
Hi, temperature with a decimal is kind of hard to read--could you offer the option to round temp. to nearest whole number and increase font of temperature in notification area?
- (2015-11-11, v:1.1) Toolbar Icon displays wrong temp
While my WU page is set to my local weather station, the toolbar icon always reads 13.2 degrees, even though clicking to the page displayed the current temp of 49.6 deg. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?