Save articles to your Matter account
Matter: Save, read, listen, highlight Finally, a better reading app. The internet is full of things you want to read – articles, newsletters, Twitter threads, PDFs. Matter brings them together in one place. “Matter improves vastly on earlier read-later apps like Pocket and Instapaper, letting you easily access news and other stories whenever you get the time” –The Wall Street Journal (2022) NOTE: You must first create an account on your iPhone or iPad to use this extension. Save in 1-click: - Save full articles if you’re within the paywall (eg. Bloomberg, NYT, WSJ) - Rollup Twitter threads into a single article page - Save PDFs and YouTube 3 ways to save: - Click the Matter button in the toolbar - Or right-click a link and “Save to Matter” - Or use the keyboard shortcut ‘Control + M’ Read across devices, including Kindle: - iPhone, iPad, Web - Send any article to Kindle in 2-taps - We don’t support Android yet, sorry. Coming in 2023! Unified inbox for your subscriptions: - Sync your newsletters by connecting Gmail - Follow individual writers for their latest - Add any RSS feed The most elegant reading experience: - Best-in-class article parsing - Gorgeous night mode - Human-like text-to-speech - Fluid highlighting Export your knowledge: - Sync your highlights to Notion, Obsidian, Roam, Readwise, and others
- (2023-02-09) Rajat Bhatt: matter does not offer the same services as Pocket, which is more affordable. Also does not save the subscription links as advertised .Additionally, customer service for matter has a significant delay in response time. I will be choosing to cancel their annual subscription and switch to Pocket. Instapaper may be beneficial for saving emails.
- (2023-01-24) Uldron Phikax: Requires ios to sign up
- (2022-11-04) Ryan Martin: Matter is changing the game in a world full of overly complicated productive consumption apps. Easily one of the most used apps in my personal tech stack and an integral part of mindful media consumption. I can't wait to see what Ben and the team do next. 🚀
- (2022-09-23) Pi Geeky: No Android app, but still 5/5
- (2022-08-25) Rishi Gupta: Not for android users. iOS only app
- (2022-06-07) Chase Stubblefield: LOVE IT. Matter is reinventing the consumption of the written word. Sounds big and it is.
- (2022-01-04) Leslie P: Requires ios or ipad app to be installed first, must use apple camera to take a photo of a QR code in order to link to existing account on iphone or ipad. This requirement should be mentioned up front.
- (2021-11-12) Ramon Schreuder: Good app, but can the extension icon color please be fixed? Gray on gray is invisible in toolbar 🙊
- (2021-10-06) Himank Yadav: Amazing alternative to Pocket for saving articles + a place to collectively forward and read all my newsletters together. Woah!
- (2021-04-05) Chase Stubblefield: This is the greatest app I have used since I started using Notion in late 2018. I am incredibly stoked for the future of Matter. Matter is unbundling email and revolutionizing the consumption of written content.
- (2021-02-04) Gouthaman Karunakaran: Moved from Pocket and loving it so far.
- (2021-01-23) Joe Hootman: Major leap forward from Pocket. The essential reading app for Internet infovores.
- (2020-07-27) Maximilian Schulz: My new favorite app for reading articles!
- (2022-11-06, v:4.1.1) Valerio Iannucci: PDF in queue not opening
When i try to open a pdf appears the error message "Sorry, we weren't able to parse that article". On the mobile apps the pdf open in the intended way
- (2022-11-02, v:4.0.3) Sebin Thomas: Conflict with Dashlane Browser Extension
Dear Team, Your browser extension and app are fantastic. I really appreciate you making it free. The only issue I have is that the matter chrome/safari extensions prevents the dashlane (https://www.dashlane.com/) auto login from functioning. I must therefore continually enable and disable the extension. If you can resolve the problem, it would be awesome. Thanks, Sebin
- (2022-10-10, v:4.0.3) Victor O'Rear: Extension goes to https://web.getmatter.com/ instead of https://web.getmatter.app/
Links to access help, feedback or saving to Matter do not work unless the URL is changed
- (2022-09-02, v:3.0.1) Tyler Owens: Breaks Dashlane
Having Matter enabled as an extension, breaks any ability to use my password manager, Dashlane.
- (2022-06-22, v:3.0.1) Doug Avery: Breaks browser "forward" on some sites
After installing the Chrome extension (no more setup, just installing) I'm noticing a problem with websites that use Pushstate history, like GitHub, Slack, Duolingo, etc: For example, go to https://github.com/nodejs/node/pulls and click any pull request, then click "Back" in your browser. The "Forward" button disappears, you can no longer go forward to the pull request you just viewed.
- (2022-02-10, v:2.1.1) Federico Goldsztein (fede777): Lot of bugs
I'm having a couple of bugs when this extension is activated. - It doesn't remember my theme of choice, for some reason it goes back to dark all the time - The most annoying one, half the times I press R, it triggers the Reader Mode, even though I do not have the shortcut enabled.
- (2022-02-07, v:2.0.5) Susan Pearson - Creative Fibro: No QR Code is displayed
As two other people have described when you install the extension there is no QR code to scan. I have closed Chrome and reopened it. There is literally just the M icon in the bar. It does nothing if you left click it and the right menu gives you the settings at there is no option to generate a QR code anywhere so at the moment it is unusable.
- (2022-01-20, v:2.0.5) Daniel Marcinkowski: The white icon is not well-visible with a light theme
The icon should change color based on the browser's appearance
- (2022-01-02, v:2.0.5) Chris Ryder: QR code
From my iPhone I followed the Matter instructions to download the Matter extension and install, which I have done. The last instruction says 'Scan QR code', this code is not visible from the browser and it seems the extension doesn't work. Can you help? Thanks Chris
- (2021-12-24, v:2.0.5) Cheng Peng: Does nothing when clicking on the icon
Does nothing when clicking on the icon