Play a random video uploaded on the current YouTube channel.
Do you have a favourite YouTube channel, but don't know what to watch? This extension is for you! The Random YouTube Video extension adds a "Shuffle" button to YouTube channel and video pages, which will play a random video from the current channel. You can even choose what percentage of most recent videos should be considered when shuffling to exclude older videos! Highlighted Features: - Sharing is caring: If another user has already shuffled from the channel you want to watch, the extension will run faster for you as video IDs are shared! - Customize your experience: Choose from a wide range of options to individualize your experience, such as opening videos in a new tab or the channel's uploads playlist, and much more! Please note: If the chosen channel has uploaded a lot of videos and you are the first user to use the extension with that channel, the loading time until the first video is chosen may be a bit longer - rest assured that the extension is doing the work in the background. After this, the video data is stored in your browser's local storage as well as in our database, and subsequent uses are much faster. ---------------------------------- Do you have questions or feedback? Feel free to open an issue on the project's Github page linked below or contact me using the "Support" page on the Chrome Webstore. ---------------------------------- Latest changes: v1.2.1 - Fixed an issue with the API v1.2.0 - You are now able to set the percentage of videos that are shuffled for each individual channel instead of one global value. Simply visit a channel or video page and open the extension popup. v1.1.2 - Removed some unnecessary logging. v1.1.1 - Fixed a bug where the extension would throw an API error when navigating from the subscriptions to a channel page and clicking the shuffle button. You can always view the full Changelog here: https://github.com/NikkelM/Random-YouTube-Video/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md ---------------------------------- Do you want to support the extension's development or say thank you? https://ko-fi.com/nikkelm ---------------------------------- Github: https://github.com/NikkelM/Random-YouTube-Video
- (2023-03-21) Антон Воронин: Хорошее расширение. Именно то, что я давно искал
- (2023-03-13) Dolan Spons: Man, after getting this extension, it feels like I upgraded YouTube...Can't believe they don't have this already. It's such a useful feature and is incredibly easy to use.
- (2023-03-12) Jan Krzyżaniak: This has been a great extension for a very long time, definite recommend. I am writing this post to report a bug though... On the yt channel "Instrumental121" I have found the shuffle button displaying "unknown error". Not a disaster since it's just one channel out of the dozens I tried it on but it is noteworthy and could happen to others on other channels too...
- (2023-02-28) do0myk: works as intended
- (2023-02-09) terter: This is a complete gamechanger!!! I was having a bit of trouble initially and was ready to write a review asking for help. But it turns out I just needed to re-open my browser! 5 stars, incredible.
- (2023-01-18) Johnny Smalls: I like this extension a lot. Would be great if I had the option of opening the random video in a new tab, instead of the same tab.
- (2023-01-15) Joschua Becker: Had allready simmilar ideas to implement that feature but you did it. Ty.
- (2023-01-03) Zachary Metzgar: Perfect. I thought that with how niche of an idea this was that there wouldn't be anyone motivated enough to make this kind of extension, but you have proved me wrong. Works exactly like I imagined it would. Great job!
- (2022-12-28) The Stig: THIS IS A MIRACLE. this happened. everything worked. guys who are developing this program - you have fulfilled my dreams. I'm changing my review to 5 stars. I am your biggest fan. well done. good job
- (2023-02-06, v:1.1.1) *insert pun here*: Shuffle button not showing up on my screen
I've tried reloading multiple times, going to different channels, and changing the settings to see if anything changed but the shuffle button isn't coming up for me. Is this just a me thing or the app's issue? Please help! :((