Discover, share, import, and use the best prompts for ChatGPT & save your chat history locally (formerly ChatGPT History)
🎉 Welcome to ChatGPT Prompt Genius! A free, open-source browser extension with features like: - 💾 Sync chat history locally for easy access and searching - 📄 Save chats as markdown, HTML, PDF, or PNG - 🎨 Customize ChatGPT with themes like SMS, cozy fireplace, and hacker - 🔍 Discover, share, import, and use the best prompts for ChatGPT Find and add prompt templates to your collection, categorize, and select them easily right on ChatGPT. The history saving feature automatically stores your conversation history in your browser. **Access saved history & prompt templates by clicking on the extension icon** Explore and 🔖 bookmark threads, or 🔍 search through threads & prompt templates. Provide feedback or suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you for using ChatGPT Prompt Genius! FAQ Why does this extension require reddit permissions? The only permission we require is for our own subreddit, r/ChatGPTPromptGenius, and this is only to help format when you submit prompts to our subreddit. We also insert a button to allow you to quickly import other people’s prompts. We do not run any scripts on any other subreddit, and we do not collect any data from reddit. If you are still wary about this permission, you can disable the access at chrome://extensions/?id=jjdnakkfjnnbbckhifcfchagnpofjffo > Site access > reddit.com. What do you do with my data? We understand that your data is important to you, and we want to assure you that it is completely under your control. All of your data is stored locally on your device, and we do not claim any ownership over it. Additionally, we do not have access to your data (we do not have servers), as it is stored solely on your device's local storage. If you choose to share a chat, it will be uploaded to a ShareGPT server, but you will still retain the rights to your data. You can export your data at any time in its raw JSON format, and we are also working on adding more export formats for your convenience. I found a bug! We're sorry to hear that you've encountered a bug. If you could please raise an issue on our GitHub repository (https://github.com/benf2004/ChatGPT-Prompt-Genius/issues), we'll work on resolving the problem as soon as possible. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also open a pull request to fix the bug yourself and be the change you want to see in the world! I have a feature idea! We're always looking for ways to improve our extension, and we would love to hear your ideas. Please use the discussions on our GitHub repository https://github.com/benf2004/ChatGPT-Prompt-Genius/discussions to share your thoughts. Who is "we"? This project is open-source and we encourage you to read the code on our GitHub repository https://github.com/benf2004/ChatGPT-Prompt-Genius. If you see anything that needs improvement, feel free to open an issue or pull request. Source code available at: https://github.com/benf2004/ChatGPT-History 💻 Please contribute or leave a review! 🙏 Changelog available at: https://github.com/benf2004/ChatGPT-Prompt-Genius/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
- (2023-03-26) dnlstr: Good. F AIPRM.
- (2023-03-23) Promovare David: Doesnt work! Simple as that.I get a list but it is free! I delete now all other ch extensions regaring it and it should be dbe working...yet... https://i.imgur.com/gcZmZpi.jpeg nothingshows up
- (2023-03-16) Nguyễn Quang Sơn: Got an error when sharing a link with ChatGPT Plus, could not create a content sharing website. However, the feature of exporting images or exporting PDF files still works. Hope the author updates the new version.
- (2023-03-16) A Weasley: I Love The Share Function.
- (2023-03-11) DarthParkee: Add ability to move the window, it blocked others useful extentions like talk-to-chatgpt !
- (2023-03-11) Deavou S: You know what its better from this prompt? you can litterally create any prompt from the available prompt and ask the ai to create a new ideas from prompts that available , SO ITS UNLIMITED PROMPTS, YEAH UNLIMITED , well it only stop when "Too Many Requests In 1 Hour Try Again Later" BUT ITS FREAKING UNLIMITED
- (2023-03-10) Worgen Stone: Je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de tout essayer, mais cette extension m'est déjà très utile. Merci pour avoir ajouté le format .md, j'apprécie
- (2023-03-08) Rachel Garrison: Pros It was extremely useful when my conversations vanished from Chat GPT Cons: The Conversation names don't transfer over from Chat GPT so I had to open each chat a rename it each day. Sometimes the chat that opens in Genius is a different chat when I resume it in Chat GPT
- (2023-03-02) Braxton Mills: This is a neat and tidy app. Honestly, it's the first Chrome app I've used that isn't broken, buggy, or bulky. I love the option to export PDF/PNG, and the prompts are very useful as well. I agree with the general sentiment in these reviews though; there should definitely be a more convenient way to paste prompts mid-chat, as ChatGPT doesn't always perform as expected when considering context. I think it would be a good idea to rename this extension as well, as it covers a lot more than prompts. There's definitely a need and a use case for themes and Reddit integration, (in my opinion, not strictly bloatware) but the name of this extension doesn't really fit.
- (2023-02-26) Patton James: 非常非常好，各种咒语解放ai
- (2023-02-26) Janne Haapala: Offers the ability to save prompts but in an inconvenient way. Since it doesn't automatically enter the prompt each time, it can be just as efficient to save prompts in a text file and copy and paste from there. What would be more helpful for me is a way to add a hidden component to each message, as I often find that ChatGPT forgets previous instructions. In my opinion, the Reddit integration (and themes too tbh) are useless bloat features that add unnecessary complexity to the tool.
- (2023-02-26) Niki Jurgensen: amazing. so useful. grateful to the team behind this.
- (2023-02-23) Zhen Hu: Hello, thank you for your work, but I can't use the prompt in ChatGPT plus. I guess maybe an update is needed?
- (2023-02-20) Raven Darkwing: Very helpful, love it
- (2023-02-18) John Doe: ## PROS - Active development (at the time of writing) - Can export conversations (IT ACTUALLY WORKS, unlike a lot of rival apps that claim so because they've abandoned development) - Markdown formatting makes it easy to work with Obsidian.md <- something the rival apps lack - Offers a list of starter prompts - Can export prompts <- something the rival apps lack ## CONS - Export feature doesn't parse codeblock fully; unlike a rival alternative. It will not state the language used like `bash`, etc. <-- I'll give a 5/5 if this gets fixed - Extension page gets all the text on the left sidebar jumbled up when using a high Display Setting Scale, in my case, 225% (Windows 11, Desktop/Laptop) <-- low priority ## Other suggestions - Add the ability to customize outputted Markdown formatting - The app is extremely underrated IMHO it's partly because its name, 'ChatGPT Prompt Genius', doesn't even tell the user what are its full functionalities and capacities. I wasn't even aware that I could export the conversation logs with markdown formatting (this is a feature a lot of people look for) until accidentally and thought it was simply a prompt manager (I was testing a dozens of ChatGPT extensions and came across it by accident). Maybe something like 'Genius - ChatGPT Prompt Manager and Chat Log Exporter' would help the SEO?
- (2023-02-12) James: love it so far, very useful tool - 2023 0211
- (2023-01-05) Sh1eld B01: One of the truly useful extensions that exists that actually works.
- (2023-01-04) Quote Ocean: Love it, like a ChatGPT swissknife
- (2022-12-18) Wade Murdock: Should be built-in. I can't believe it just...deletes your conversation. Regardless...very well-built plugin.
- (2022-12-12) OA2Gsheets: Very useful!
- (2023-03-23, v:2.4.3) Debanil Guha: Cannot Change FONT SIZE
Here I am trying to increase font size .Zoom a little bit .Cant do any of that sort
- (2023-03-16, v:2.3.8) Nguyễn Quang Sơn: Share link error
Got an error when sharing a link with ChatGPT Plus, could not create a content sharing website. However, the feature of exporting images or exporting PDF files still works. Hope the author updates the new version.
- (2023-03-13, v:2.3.8) Vincent Everts: How do i remove the extension? simply deleting the extension does not work
I have first turned it off and then removed it. but it still works and interferes with other extensions
- (2023-02-22, v:2.2.0) Micah Calamosca (wendigoblack): export as md not working
trace: export-buttons.js:26 Uncaught TypeError: p1.setAttribute is not a function at saveChildInnerHTML (export-buttons.js:26:7) at getChatBubbleText (export-buttons.js:101:11) at getCurrentChatText (export-buttons.js:77:15) at Object.downloadThread (export-buttons.js:341:17) at markdownButton.onclick (export-buttons.js:189:18)
- (2023-02-21, v:2.2.0) 曾凯: 导出问题
- (2023-02-06, v:2.1.1) Guillaume T: PROMPT
Hello I would like to see all the prompt to change words on the prompt that I have selected how is possible to do so please ?
- (2023-01-19, v:2.0.5) Zach Brown: Export feature broken
The export feature as PNG and PDF has missing text and they are both different missing text on the same conversation. I think this might be an issue with code snippets.
- (2023-01-18, v:2.0.5) Madhu Iyengar: Extension not working
Import a prompt and try to launch it. The new tab closes automatically and nothing can be done
- (2023-01-13, v:2.0.3) Fiona Tarmey: it seem you extension isnt working since good made changes
is google giving to give you an api or will this become obsolete
- (2023-01-13, v:2.0.3) Wouter Van Goey: Bug found
On the start page when clicking next underneath the "prompt templates" part I get: "Showing -4 to 0 of 0 Entries"