Dark theme for Slack
Sick of slacks white background? Chrome extension for a dark night mode theme to make it a little easier on the eyes.
- (2019-09-10) Michelle White: Frequently (like right now) just doesn't work for whatever strange reason... and then Slack goes back that that blaring annoying white. 2 stars only because when it works, its nice to have the black background.
- (2019-09-09) Paul Giordano: Did this break recently? Love this extension, but Slack dark theme is no longer working.
- (2019-09-06) Parker Seegmiller: I use Slack way too much for dark mode not to exist. Grateful I found this. I owe you one, Bill.
- (2019-08-26) wwf wfwf: Worked for the most part, but lately blacks out entire browser when hovering over channels :(
- (2019-08-12) Ted G: Seems broke now. Did Slack change something? 8/12/2019
- (2019-08-07) Sattesh Maran: Works great! :) As a note, the extension stopped working earlier today, and Bill fixed it in less than a day! It's a free extension, and he didn't have to rush it, so it's great to see if actively supported. :)
- (2019-08-07) Maxwell Horwood: Great idea, but it does not seem to work (made sure it's activated, permissions ok, restarted chrome... still that awful white chat window)
- (2019-08-05) John Pozadzides: Fantastic! I don't know why Slack can't integrate this natively, but glad someone fixed it!
- (2019-07-17) Mārtiņš Irbe: Dark theme suddenly changed into way more darker theme now it's impossible to see if I got notifications.
- (2019-06-25) Clement Bowman: Makes Slack experience much better, they should've hired you to get this done much sooner! Thank you!
- (2019-06-10) So Ch: IIt's quite nice theme, I'm really loving it. Btw. I have one feedback, could you change the color of scroll bar to more light color? It is a bit hard to see where the scrollbar is pointing...
- (2018-09-30) Ali Sadreddini: It's great but why not make the Colours customisable to so we can change it up a bit instead of the colours pre-defined?
- (2018-09-17) Travis Burnett: amazing
- (2018-08-31) Shane M: Great skin! :D Please update the code colouring because blue method names on black background are difficult to read :/
- (2018-08-24) Martin Nygren: Seems to work well! Pity that Slack has spent many years "trying" to make a night mode without anything to show for it
- (2018-06-18) Sean Alonso: As someone that looks at Slack 7 hours and 59 minutes a day, this really helps. Thanks Bill..
- (2018-05-02) Kyle Tenan: New version now requires your browsing history, BEWARE! There is no need for such nonsense, it's worked just fine without it.
- (2018-05-01) Bill Dunne: UPDATE - Looks like it was just slack breaking everything, as other themed extensions also broke. Dark theme is back and my rating reflects that. OLD - Have loved this for about a year now, but the new update broke the theme. The background is still dark but the individual comments have white background with white text, totally illegible. Will update review when fixed.
- (2018-04-19) Kaetun Khlynnë: I didn't review this when I first used it because it broke very quickly thanks to a slack update, but lo & behold I come back a week later & it's been redone! BLESS YOU BILL, take five stars you absolute banger!
- (2018-04-19) Phil Buonomo: Works like a charm! No more snow blindness while using Slack! Thanks for making it available!
- (2018-04-17) Tyler Durham: Has been working great up until this morning(04/17/2018). The chat window itself is now completely white. Please look into this.
- (2018-04-17) Ben Romas: text window now white, update broke it
- (2018-04-17) Andrew Park: broken :(
- (2018-01-12) Great extension! Although... Recent Slack CSS update seems to have broken this extension - text now stays dark on a dark background rendering it unusable. Would be great to get a minor update to deal with this.
- (2018-01-11) Leo Laitakari: Makes slack nice and dark but text stays dark also, unusable
- (2019-10-04, v:1.5.8) Taha Erden: Stopped working
Hi, the extension stopped working this morning, probably Slack made some changes, FYI.
- (2019-09-20, v:1.5.8) Brandt Elison: Window occasionally turns solid gray
The entire window turns a solid dark gray when hovering over a channel or person name on the left hand menu. The address bar and bookmarks and such are still present, but it's like slack gets entirely overlaid by a gray rectangle the same color as the page's dark-themed background.
- (2019-08-28, v:1.5.8) Joshlyn Marino: Stopped working today
Ext stopped working today.
- (2019-08-11, v:1.5.8) Isaac Sawyer: Doesn't work (Aug 11)
Hello, my channel stays white. For some reason it doesn't work anymore.
- (2019-08-07, v:1.5.6) Sattesh Maran: No longer working (7th August)
The extension stopped working today.
- (2019-08-07, v:1.5.6) Julia Bogatko: Dark theme for web slack app stopped working
Hello! Just noticed the dark theme stopped working for Slack web app in Chrome. The `p-workspace__primary_view` (messages workspace) content background and a top navigation background is white. Can you please take a look if this can be fixed? Thanks in advance!
- (2019-08-06, v:1.5.6) Patrique2001: Extension actually stop working
Tonight extension on my browser has stopped working, despite working well earlier this day. I tried to reinstall extension and browser, but without any effect.
- (2019-08-05, v:1.5.4) Taha Erden: Muted channel visual notification
Is it possible to show a background/font color or a maybe small icon when there is a new message in a muted channel? This way I could "mute" the sound for these channels but still can see if there is an activity. Thanks!
- (2019-07-29, v:1.5.4) Peter Testulium: does not respect side bar color
Previously, the plugin would respect my choice for side bar color (chosen in Slack's preference). Now it just makes it black as well with the main section of the app.
- (2019-07-26, v:1.5.4) Sasith Sumanasekara: Broken theme
Total dark color. When message show when something hover, full page dark. (Add reaction hover only show add reaction text. All page dark)