True Stories displays a different ABC story every time you open a new tab.
‘True Stories’ will change your new tab background to a compelling Australian artwork. We aim to change how you view long forgotten archived stories. As part of GovHack 2015, an Australian programming competition, team Potato Heads curated ABC ‘Local Stories’ archive of over 8500 true Australian stories. During this hackathon, we made a Google Chrome extension called ‘True Stories’. Usually these archival stories are lost and neglected after the daily news cycle but we’re keeping these stories alive by keeping them in the spotlight. By installing this plug-in, True Stories replaces your browser’s boring default tabs with a captivating Australian story. True Stories: Real Australian Stories as ‘living art’. Download, install and enjoy! See the backstory, watch the video: https://youtu.be/V1pd9OEwfxA Learn more: https://localstories.info/ Say hello and tweet us at: @GetTrueStories
- (2016-09-07) Grant Wyeth: Great idea. Good way to get news pushed into your vision. Something everyone needs!
- (2016-09-04) David Ma: A+++ Would use download again
- (2015-07-20) S: An innovative, picturesque way to brighten up my otherwise boring new tab.
- (2015-07-15) Philip Ma: I've always enjoyed true stories between regular television programming on ABC now I can enjoy True Stories between web surfing. GREAT
- (2015-07-14) Mark Greenaway: Such a great way to enjoy these photos!