A screensaver with multiple photo sources, including your Google Photos.
This extension displays a screensaver composed of a slide show of photos from multiple sources. Supported photo sources include: * Your Google Photos and Albums Note: Albums shared by others are not supported * Some background photos used by Chromecast * Several sources from reddit * Several sources from Unsplash * Interesting photos from Flickr Note: Photos from the local file system are not supported. Many options are available to control the appearance of the slide show, including: * Wait time after machine becomes idle to display screensaver * Between photo time interval * Photo display mode - (e.g., letterbox, fill screen) * Photo transition animations - (e.g., fade, scale up) * The "Ken Burns" effect with face detection * A scheduler to control when the screensaver, display, and computer should remain on * Do not display over full screen Chrome windows (e.g., YouTube, Netflix) * Show on all displays * Display current weather * Display time Works great on all platforms but may be especially useful for your Chromebook. Please rate this if you find it of value. Thank you. It is open source and advertising free. Source code: https://github.com/opus1269/screensaver * Privacy Statement https://opus1269.github.io/screensaver/PRIVACY.html
- (2020-03-27) Frans Putuhena: Top!!!
- (2020-03-22) Greg Kilgore: Really great, solid extension. My images randomize, fade in/out, and give me the slideshow I want without a hitch. Just what I want the way I want it! Thanks for the excellence!
- (2020-03-20) Remy Steele: I love this extension it works perfectly
- (2020-03-19) Jeff Henderson: Everything is great; my only change suggestion is to move the displayed text around so it won't burn into some screens.
- (2020-03-03) Darrius Kelly: I like it, just get annoyed at the fact that, with the SLIGHTEST touch, it wakes back up. Maybe it's just me.
- (2020-02-15) Jose Sobrinho: Excellent excellent. Many features, beautiful, thank you!
- (2020-02-05) Андрей Блажевич: Super!
- (2020-01-26) Nicholas: Extension worked well for some time, but now will not go to fullscreen mode. The photos are displayed inside of the browser. All of the outside of the page remains visible. It is not appealing. Here is a screenshot of what I see: http://prntscr.com/qs3jr6. Photos look like this on every system with Chrome. I will attempt downgrading my Chrome browser, to see if that changes anything. It is surprising that many reviews have not been made for this issue (others not experiencing?). I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, to no effect (this changed nothing).
- (2020-01-22) Paul Murphy: l love this extension, it does exactly what I want it to do. I like having a screensaver activate after a certain period of inactivity on my Chromebook and cycle through a variety of high quality photos. It acts like a PC screensaver, and I really didn't think I'd be able to find something that would work that way on a Chromebook. Nice!
- (2020-01-20) 김주관: 훌륭한 프로그램을 제작해 공개해 주신 제작자에게 감사를 전합니다.
- (2020-01-08) Jordan Custer: works great, just have to figure out your screens resolution dimensions, and take framed off. perfect full pictures then. great job!
- (2020-01-07) silvia ramon: no la entiendo
- (2020-01-02) K Allen tornadohunter006: If it did what it said it did, I'd give it more than 2 stars and I'm being nice. Not ONE picture from my Google photos and I tried every option this has. So here's what I'm gonna do - UNINSTALL IT!!
- (2019-12-28) Kevin Turner: This screesaver works very well and is easy to use!
- (2019-12-28) Lockmen Markouch: Er moet een optie komen om zelf je eigen afbeelding te kunnen selecteren.
- (2019-12-11) Yohei Maeshima: Good, but I want to use it for sub display while I'm using computer in main display.
- (2019-11-14) Timothy Mark Wetherill: Works fine, no issues with wake up like I've had with other Apps. Nice find thank you
- (2019-10-31) Robert Vroegop: Top app
- (2019-10-23) Dave Barbe: Awsome! Thanks for making this. It is just what I needed. In future versions ...it would be great to be able to select all photos as an option. Thanks!
- (2019-10-20) Andrew Cox: Would get 5 stars if the screensaver triggered while Chrome was in Full Screen mode. Any chance this could be added as an option in the future?
- (2019-10-20) Gary Swain: Absolutely the BEST screensaver for the Chromebook. It's the first extension I enable when I get a new Chromebook. Has totally saved my screen from burn in. A+++
- (2019-10-13) Don Lotter: Problem: It seems to cycle through the same limited number of photos and doesn't show a large number of others. Note: I use this screensaver as a slideshow app because it expands the photos to the edge of the monitor, which the Google Photos slideshow does not do for some reason. I don't care of many of them are not perfectly aspect ratio'd, I want it to fill the screen.
- (2019-10-04) Jack James High School: I'm using it for photo slidshow on a TV which connected with a laptop, the function I needs: auto pick photos while google album is update, can be access by multiple people remotely. so far it runs well.
- (2019-09-25) 中村秀智: 日本語版マニュアルが欲しい
- (2019-09-11) guy pet: i love it
- (2020-03-31, v:3.10.9) Michael Gryga: How do I download my screen saver photos. They are not saved in my google photo account. I want to print them.t.
How do I download my screen saver photos. They are not saved in my google photo account. I want to print them.t.
- (2020-03-12, v:3.10.9) Scott Farnsworth: On MacBook Air, am getting menu bar and window top bar when SS is on. Mac mini? Not. Huh?
Wow, what a great extension. Am so happy I found it. Will be writing a glowing review soon. My issue is... I started playing with this on my MacBook Air. Found it was pretty much what I was looking for ("Turn an old, unused Mac mini and a monitor into a digital picture frame"). Works PERFECTLY on the Mac mini. All I get is the picture (and time, source, etc. if I want them). But on the MacBook Air I'm ALSO getting the window bar at the top, that says "Photo Screen Saver Screensaver Page", and above that, the Chrome browser main menu (Apple, File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, etc. etc.). And it's the desktop, meaning any files or folders on my desktop are over (obscuring) the screen saver image. I'd like the experience I'm getting on the Mac mini on the MacBook Air. Possible? Am I being stupid? Thanks again for a great app. Scott
- (2020-03-04, v:3.10.9) Debbie Misbach: Lockscreen?
I need the screensaver to have a lock screen option. I couldn't find a way to do this. Am I missing something?
- (2020-02-13, v:3.10.9) Dylan Brown-Reid: Inability to add videos
I would like video screensavers instead of just pictures
- (2020-02-02, v:3.10.9) Lisa Evers: LINK
I want to link everything except the screen saver as I only want it to run on my chrombook
- (2020-01-29, v:3.10.9) Sarah Frolik: album download
I am unable to select all of my albums it will download several but not all my albums from google photo. suggestions?
- (2020-01-28, v:3.10.9) Uriel Malave: Extension settings reset after login out/in
Every time I log out and log in to my chrome device the settings of the screensaver are reverted to defaults; wait times, photo sources, etc. Google account syncing is enabled.
- (2020-01-26, v:3.10.9) PlainDave: Weather...
The switch with "Show current weather, if available" doesn't stay on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
- (2020-01-15, v:3.10.9) Lance Kelly: NAMES OF PLACES
Is there a way to find out where these pictures are taken. This is on the factory slide show that came with the chromecast when I bought it and hooked it up.
- (2020-01-08, v:3.10.9) Uriel Malave: Automatic refresh of Google Photos Album
Hi, I have a Google Photos Album where your Photo Screen Saver extension is getting photos from? Whenever I add a a new photo to this album, I always have to "Refresh list" to be able to see the newly added photos. Can you make it do it automatically every time the screensaver runs instead to be done manually, please?
- (2020-01-06, v:3.10.9) Wayne Solomon: Show comments or location fields?
There's currently an option to show the album name on the screen saver image. How about the possibility of showing information included in the comments field or even any of the location fields from the IPTC tags (city etc)?
- (2019-12-16, v:3.10.9) Jean Poulain: Google screen saver
Hello, how can I use MY pictures. It seems this choice does'nt exist...
- (2019-12-14, v:3.10.9) Luc Lafreniere: wait time not working
It looks like the wait time is ignored. I have it set to 10 min and it turns on after like 1 min. Thanks.
- (2019-11-18, v:3.10.9) Mohammed Saad Rafiq: Windows 10 Lock Screen
Hi. This does not work when my computer is in the lock screen. I have windows 10. Is there any setting I can do to update this?
- (2019-11-12, v:3.10.9) Vu Mark Nguyen: Mac: Opt+Shift+Arrow (to highlight a single word in a document) is broken
Hello, when I am working on a Google Document in Chrome on Mac, I can usually highlight a single word by holding Option+Shift and hitting the arrow key. This no longer works when the Photo Screen Saver extension is enabled. I suspect it is because this key combination is also used in "Interactive Mode" (to advance through photos while the screensaver is active). I attempted to turn off Interactive Mode, but the problem continues. The problem is resolved (Opt+Shift returns to normal) when I deactivate the Photo Screen Save extension.
- (2019-11-12, v:3.10.9) Juril Moone: Paintings
Could there be option for Google Arts & Culture for stream old classic paintings, or such? The source can be from anywhere, but it would be nice to turn the screen saver to art gallery.
- (2019-11-10, v:3.10.9) Daniel B. Walsh: Will not load Google Photos Albums
Just getting the swirly thing on screen. Will not connect to select photo albums.
- (2019-10-25, v:3.10.9) Daniel B. Walsh: How do I turn on 'Location Sharing" in this App?
I am trying to get the local weather to show up on the screen saver.
- (2019-10-24, v:3.10.9) Jesse Kelly: Great extension but would love you to expand on the Ken Burns effect!
I love the screensaver and when my computer is not in use both my screens become digital photo displays! I mostly use the Ken Burns effect but it only has the one same "zoom in" function. I'd love if you could add Zoom Out too, and sweeps from left to right, right to left, even maybe up and down on vertical images? I just would like more variety. And perhaps some randomness to the rate/speed of the zoom. I can imagine it's a lot to ask! But it would be awesome! Great job and thanks very much.
- (2019-10-04, v:3.10.9) Jack James High School: Could it auto refresh photos when google photos album changed/update
use it to show a google photos album on TV, which connected to a computer, and other people update the album from anywhere. once the album is changed/updated, this extension detects it and automatically load the new photos. it doesn't have to instantly refreshed, either a option to refresh in settings or it automatically do it itself.
- (2019-10-03, v:3.10.9) Philip Houseley: Not Signed In .... but I have !
Wanted to add some Google photo albums, but gwet the message that I am not signed in. It actually says: 'Please sign in to Chrome with the account that has your Google photos'. I am signed in to Google - is that not the same as Chrome ?
- (2019-09-30, v:3.10.9) Carles Constanti: add option to use Chrome Experiments url as source
Would be nice to have the option to use a chrome url from https://experiments.withgoogle.com/collection/chrome such as https://jayweeks.com/medusae/ for example. This would make the screensaver much more enjoyable than just photos and chromebooks would be better with it imho Thanks for the great extension, it should be a MUST from Google devs to include a screensaver option!
- (2019-09-28, v:3.10.9) Stefano Boglioni: Stop SS when videos are playing
Is it possible to stop SS when videos are playing?