A screensaver with multiple photo sources, including your Google Photos.
This extension displays a screensaver composed of a slide show of photos from multiple sources. Supported photo sources include: * Your Google Photos and Albums Note: Albums shared by others are not supported * Some background photos used by Chromecast * Several sources from reddit * Several sources from Unsplash * Interesting photos from Flickr Note: Photos from the local file system are not supported. Many options are available to control the appearance of the slide show, including: * Wait time after machine becomes idle to display screensaver * Between photo time interval * Photo display mode - (e.g., letterbox, fill screen) * Photo transition animations - (e.g., fade, scale up) * The "Ken Burns" effect with face detection * A scheduler to control when the screensaver, display, and computer should remain on * Do not display over full screen Chrome windows (e.g., YouTube, Netflix) * Show on all displays * Display current weather * Display time Works great on all platforms but may be especially useful for your Chromebook. Please rate this if you find it of value. Thank you. It is open source and advertising free. Source code: https://github.com/opus1269/screensaver * Privacy Statement https://opus1269.github.io/screensaver/PRIVACY.html
- (2021-05-22) Abel Santiago Cortés: Best extension on the web store. Love how it looks on my vertical monitor. Thanks!
- (2021-04-24) Year Zero: best setup details, made a complicated things easy thx
- (2021-04-15) Blesson Joseph: Excellent Extension added
- (2020-12-27) JayAndLogan: Thank you very much for sharing!
- (2020-12-15) DAVID WONG: it is good and bad, when i want to add another album, it only show 20+ but i have more than 100 album that i cannot find them. try to report bug, and there is bug in the system.
- (2020-12-11) Christian Cohrs: Sehr zufrieden, macht was es soll!
- (2020-12-01) Joachim Geeraert: a must
- (2020-11-20) David Woodard: I found that I couldn't keep my eyes off it once the slideshow started. Absolutely fantastic. It's like taking a trip around the world and everywhere in between with the graphical pictures. The really neat part of the screensaver is that you barely see the same photo twice in a night. Thanks.
- (2020-10-02) Christopher Grenness: Use it all the time to show me photos from one of my Google Photos albums. One feature request: 'date taken' from Exif data, so that it shows when each photo was taken. Optionally, of course.
- (2020-09-15) YSC. Watchdog: Great, I love it!
- (2020-09-07) Erik Wessing: It was great. Then it stopped being able to access Google Photos. Then it could again. Now it can, but it won't stay logged in, so after a while it freezes on just the last picture it downloaded until I grant it access again. Takes less than a day to lose access again.
- (2020-08-27) Dave Hill: Does what it says on the tin, and makes my computer into a live photo album when not in use. The album selection is sometimes a little wonky, and it would be nice for those of us with lots of albums to be able to search for a given album name, but all in all very satisfied.
- (2020-08-13) lego kid: Amazing
- (2020-08-04) Shaun Teacher: Simply doesn't work for me. Great idea, but just doesn't work.
- (2020-07-27) Andrew Galli: Some issues... 1 - Dual Monitor Mode -- does not control both monitors, only external monitor 2 - Youtube -- goes to sleep DURING Youtube videos if you don't move your mouse around while you watch. Not a bad product, but it is a bit annoying with the Youtube thing. I can set the sleep mode to 15 minutes I suppose and then most of what I watch is okay.
- (2020-07-16) Paul Cox: Absolutely love this screensaver extension. Works perfectly and super easy to use. Highly recommend all Chromebook users to use it.
- (2020-07-10) Larry Huddleston: Great for a few minutes then it goes down....Boo.
- (2020-07-05) Carla Ramos Millan: Aquesta aplicació és perfecta. Quan tens el teu ordinador o portàtil engegat, i t'has descuidat de aturar-lo temporalment, aquesta aplicació o fa sense que ho demanis. Selecciones el temps que vols que sortiguen les imatges i surten soles! Les imatges són espectaculars, de molt bona qualitat, i amb moltes variacions: paisatges, animals... 💦🐘🦁🐅🐍🌻🍀🌙🌎🌊☔🌄🌅 La recomano molt, es perfecta! 👏👏😁👌💓💓✔ M'encanta.
- (2020-07-05) Sἁq!b: It's VERY good. Allows screensavers for my Chromebook. I wish I could import from my computer and other sources, and allow videos and animations as screensavers.
- (2020-07-04) Jordan Andersen: Superb in every way, for being free, and I like the photos. A+++
- (2020-06-29) Jody Botha: First class extension really.
- (2020-06-27) Tim Richmond: I got a Google Smart Display that showed my Google Photo Albums on a small screen. I liked it so I looked for something to do it on my big desktop screen and found this - love it - rediscover years of old pictures and memories.
- (2020-06-25) Shawn Hinkle: Exceptional Extension. Love that it gave the ability to add a screensaver to my chromebox. Great number of custom setting available.
- (2020-04-16) Santhosh Kumar: good
- (2020-03-27) Frans Putuhena: Top!!!
- (2020-03-22) Greg Kilgore: Really great, solid extension. My images randomize, fade in/out, and give me the slideshow I want without a hitch. Just what I want the way I want it! Thanks for the excellence!
- (2020-03-20) Remy Steele: I love this extension it works perfectly
- (2020-03-19) Jeff Henderson: Everything is great; my only change suggestion is to move the displayed text around so it won't burn into some screens.
- (2020-03-03) Darrius Kelly: I like it, just get annoyed at the fact that, with the SLIGHTEST touch, it wakes back up. Maybe it's just me.
- (2020-02-15) Jose Sobrinho: Excellent excellent. Many features, beautiful, thank you!
- (2020-02-05) Андрей Блажевич: Super!
- (2020-01-26) Nicholas: Extension worked well for some time, but now will not go to fullscreen mode. The photos are displayed inside of the browser. All of the outside of the page remains visible. It is not appealing. Here is a screenshot of what I see: http://prntscr.com/qs3jr6. Photos look like this on every system with Chrome. I will attempt downgrading my Chrome browser, to see if that changes anything. It is surprising that many reviews have not been made for this issue (others not experiencing?). I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, to no effect (this changed nothing).
- (2020-01-22) Paul Murphy: l love this extension, it does exactly what I want it to do. I like having a screensaver activate after a certain period of inactivity on my Chromebook and cycle through a variety of high quality photos. It acts like a PC screensaver, and I really didn't think I'd be able to find something that would work that way on a Chromebook. Nice!
- (2020-01-20) 김주관: 훌륭한 프로그램을 제작해 공개해 주신 제작자에게 감사를 전합니다.
- (2020-01-08) Jordan Custer: works great, just have to figure out your screens resolution dimensions, and take framed off. perfect full pictures then. great job!
- (2020-01-07) silvia ramon: no la entiendo
- (2020-01-02) K Allen tornadohunter006: If it did what it said it did, I'd give it more than 2 stars and I'm being nice. Not ONE picture from my Google photos and I tried every option this has. So here's what I'm gonna do - UNINSTALL IT!!
- (2019-12-28) Kevin Turner: This screesaver works very well and is easy to use!
- (2019-12-28) Lockmen Markouch: Er moet een optie komen om zelf je eigen afbeelding te kunnen selecteren.
- (2019-12-11) Yohei Maeshima: Good, but I want to use it for sub display while I'm using computer in main display.
- (2019-11-14) Timothy Mark Wetherill: Works fine, no issues with wake up like I've had with other Apps. Nice find thank you
- (2019-10-31) Robert Vroegop: Top app
- (2019-10-23) Dave Barbe: Awsome! Thanks for making this. It is just what I needed. In future versions ...it would be great to be able to select all photos as an option. Thanks!
- (2019-10-20) Andrew Cox: Would get 5 stars if the screensaver triggered while Chrome was in Full Screen mode. Any chance this could be added as an option in the future?
- (2019-10-20) Gary Swain: Absolutely the BEST screensaver for the Chromebook. It's the first extension I enable when I get a new Chromebook. Has totally saved my screen from burn in. A+++
- (2019-10-13) Don Lotter: Problem: It seems to cycle through the same limited number of photos and doesn't show a large number of others. Note: I use this screensaver as a slideshow app because it expands the photos to the edge of the monitor, which the Google Photos slideshow does not do for some reason. I don't care of many of them are not perfectly aspect ratio'd, I want it to fill the screen.
- (2019-10-04) Jack James High School: I'm using it for photo slidshow on a TV which connected with a laptop, the function I needs: auto pick photos while google album is update, can be access by multiple people remotely. so far it runs well.
- (2019-09-25) 中村秀智: 日本語版マニュアルが欲しい
- (2019-09-11) guy pet: i love it
- (2019-09-01) Bruno Poggi: Really good for creating a slideshow.
- (2021-06-07, v:3.10.9) Ian Bellamy: I don't want Google stock photos, only my own
I have set up your screensaver on my mother's new pc. She wants your great screen saver again, same as I have on my PC. The trouble is, her one now displays a lot of Google stock photos, in amongst her own, personal from GooglePhotos photos. Whilst the stock photos are great, she would rather just see the family ones. I have tried various selection methods (ie select only own albums) but her PC is still displaying stock photos randomly amongst her own photos. Can this be changed?
- (2021-05-09, v:3.10.9) Brad Bush: Hot key control
How do I go back to a previous photo or pause the current one? I have the setting enabled that should give me the hotkey control, but it doesn't work for me. Thanks for your help.
- (2021-03-30, v:3.10.9) Wayne L. Reisman: Not able to get my personal albums
When I try to select my google album , I get the endless refresh. No list of albums. I've allowed access.
- (2021-03-23, v:3.10.9) Mohammed Garoiaz: full screen mode pb
Hello the screensaver does not activate in full screen mode (f11) please check
- (2021-03-23, v:3.10.9) DAVID WONG: on the mac mini with 2 display
the screen saver only show on 1 screen, but not on the other display, on pc running windows 10 no problem. please check
- (2021-03-17, v:3.10.9) Philip Houseley: How do I select an Album that isn't showing on Screensaver list ?
I have 25 Google Photo Albums. Only 16 are showing up on the Screensaver List. How can I move one of my Albums to the Screensaver ?
- (2021-03-13, v:3.10.9) Fake Name: unwanted pictures
Hi, I'm a big fan of your app and use it on a couple of TV's connected to little solid state PCs. My issue is after deselecting the "People" category I keep getting erotic images of women, some of them inappropriately young this is the LAST thing I want displayed on a large screen in my living room how do I disable this? With "people" already disabled what category is displaying these images? Thanks!
- (2021-03-05, v:3.10.9) John Jansen: No access to Google Foto's ...
The user turned off browser signin Error: The user turned off browser signin at error$1 (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_4.js:1:9903) at HTMLElement.showErrorDialog (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_1.js:4178:7192) at HTMLElement.loadAlbumList (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_1.js:2018:3264) at async HTMLElement.loadAlbumList (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_1.js:2272:2705) at async HTMLElement.onEnterPage (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_1.js:2272:2620) at async HTMLElement.onSelectedPageChanged (chrome-extension://kohpcmlfdjfdggcjmjhhbcbankgmppgc/shared_bundle_1.js:4178:7879)
- (2021-02-13, v:3.10.9) John Uhr: Can't select an album from google photos
When I try to select my google album , I get the endless refresh. No list of albums. I've allowed access.
- (2021-02-08, v:3.10.9) Yann O'Brien: Random Photo Selection
Hello, Firstly I would like to say thank you for a fantastic and much needed Chrome extension. It is so hard to find a decent desktop slideshow app for Google Photos. Yours is brilliant! I understand the explanation given for the 3000 photo limit but even with filtering the photo type, the app seems to return more or less the same 3000 photos. Even with the randomise feature I see a lot of the same photos (I have tens of thousands of photos uploaded to Google). Could you create an option to select a random subgroup of 3000 photos from my entire photo library - i.e. that every time it 'fetches' 3000 photos - it's a completely different selection? Also, my wife would LOVE to be able to display the original date stamp for each photo. I'm not sure if that's an easy fix? Many thanks once again, Yann O'Brien.
- (2021-01-21, v:3.10.9) Amanda Goldman: Weather Location Settings
I followed the instructions to set Chrome to ask my location instead of block but for some reason the weather still doesn't seem to be showing up. Please advise.
- (2021-01-01, v:3.10.9) Bennett McElwee: Can you tighten up permissions for Google photos?
In order to show my Google photos, I have to grant permission to read AND CHANGE my photo data. I'm sure you won't abuse this, but if somebody hacks your extension then they could presumably delete all my photos. Isn't it possible to request more restricted permissions -- just read the photo data, not change it?
- (2020-12-31, v:3.10.9) Alec Russell: not working
downloaded but not working
- (2020-12-27, v:3.10.9) Jean Mooy: Multiple users
Great app, just a question about a multi-user PC which is used by me (admin) & my son (not admin). My son's user is set to timeout/logout after 1 hour per day (to limit his youtube). So if windows logs him out, ideally, your screensaver should kick off from the admin user which has Chrome open. But if the mouse moves, my son should NOT Get access to my admin account. So you need to show the admin Chrome screen, and then when mouse moves, logout the user. But I guess right now when we are facing a Windows logon screen, your Chrome app won't trigger. Correct?
- (2020-12-16, v:3.10.9) Vicki Ashbrook: Stopped working
Hi there, its suddenly stopped linking to my google photos, can't see any, help I miss my screen saver!
- (2020-12-15, v:3.10.9) DAVID WONG: only show some of the photo albums into google photos
i have try refresh few times, but only show 20+ album only. i have more than 100 albums
- (2020-11-11, v:3.10.9) Arlene & Steve: Not showing album names
I have the button clicked to show album names but they don't show. I have tried turning the button on and off and reinstalling the extension to no avail. Also, it would be nice if the extension displayed the photo description in addition to the album name.
- (2020-10-30, v:3.10.9) Brenden Barnett: Large Tine
Is it possible you could add the time to go across the whole screen instead of just the bottom right. Add this please.
- (2020-10-07, v:3.10.9) Bill Loughery: Screensaver starts when in use
I use chromebook often for zoom. in middle of meeting, screen saver kicks in. i need to keep hitting keyboard to get back. request to not turn on screen saver if active zoom session
- (2020-10-06, v:3.10.9) Display Screens: Extension doesn't run on ASUS CS10 Chromebit
Hi, I can download and install it however, when i load your extension in the browser, and go to the options tab, it just hangs. Could you please fix this thanks
- (2020-10-02, v:3.10.9) Joe Pfeister: settings reset on restart
Hi, love your screen saver. but everytime I restart my computer, all my settings in your extension also flip to null. connection to my google account stays in tack, but I need to re activate all the settings. Have you encountered this before? Joe
- (2020-08-31, v:3.10.9) hillbilly31277: Erases my settings!!!
I turn google photo access on and allow access to my google photos and everyday something keeps erasing my settings and disallowing access to google photos and I have to click on allow everyday and choose google photos all over again everyday.
- (2020-08-04, v:3.10.9) Shaun Teacher: Doesn't work in Chrome
Just keeps loading the photos but never actually loads anything. I allowed access to my Google Photos, but nothing ever happened.
- (2020-08-04, v:3.10.9) Philip Houseley: Only Browser is Google Chrome >
Any more Browsers in pipeline ? I would love to access this on the new Edge Chromium. Everyone will be getting this whether they like it or not !" Edge supports Chrome Extensions, but the screensaver only works on in-house Photo albums, not on my Google Photo albums. Edge is perfect apart from not being able to get your Screensaver.
- (2020-07-30, v:3.10.9) Jean Louis Lebrun: afficher fond d'ecran
impossible de mettre la photo
- (2020-07-27, v:3.10.9) John Surkan: I want to use all the google photos of mine I can.
On one computer it was working fine for years and now has quit altogether . It was allowing others but not mine Now it does not seem to want to load any of the photos. I am really not interested in the rubis run but only mine. I have like and used you program off and on for years
- (2020-07-22, v:3.10.9) Philip Houseley: Setting to turn off Screensaver automatically.
At present as soon as Laptop opens, the browser takes forever to finish loading a photo before the selected website appears. It seems to be already on - even though the Laptop was Asleep, or Hibernating. There must be a setting to avoid this ? Thanks.
- (2020-07-08, v:3.10.9) Shawn Keene: Chrome-based Edge
would you consider editing this so it works in Microsoft's chrome-based edge browser?
- (2020-06-27, v:3.10.9) Jody Botha: All photos not showing
Selected album from google photos but the screensaver skips many.
- (2020-06-26, v:3.10.9) Jason Mosher: Two big problems
I don't know if Windows or Chrome updates have broken this extension, but I have problems with it now that render it useless: It does not cause Chrome to run in the background on Windows start like it used to, and it runs "behind" any open windows, defeating the purpose entirely. I'm very sad about this development; please let me know if anyone has a fix!
- (2020-06-20, v:3.10.9) Carolina McGlothlin: Screen saver won't come on
Have had extension for a while...worked fine. Now, it won't come on. Also have added a monitor. Any help would be appreciated
- (2020-06-15, v:3.10.9) Chromebot: No photos
All of a sudden I'm getting a black screen that shows "no photos." Any idea what I can do to fix? I haven't made any changes recently.
- (2020-06-15, v:3.10.9) Ben Shirley: Detect and disable when there is video activity and multiple displays?
Love this extension. I wonder if there might be a way to detect when there is a video playing and disable the slide show so it doesn't come on in the middle of watching a movie. Also I wonder if there could be support for multiple monitors? Thanks!
- (2020-06-11, v:3.10.9) Maria Heirich: Violence
How do I stop Antifa and any other violent photos from Reddit from displaying on my screensaver?
- (2020-05-27, v:3.10.9) László Farkas: Motion sensor
I'm very satisfied with the screensaver, thank you for your work. I have a suggestion for improvement, namely to add motion sensor using device camera or maybe proximity sensor and in addition the microphone as well for turning on and off the display. I would like to use my computer as a digital photo frame while I'm not using it and makes no sense to have my photos displayed while there is no one in the room. Thank you and best regards,
- (2020-05-25, v:3.10.9) Philip Houseley: !
This is probably covered in instructions using a different language/phrasing - so apologies ! Is it possible just to have the Extension turn off when my laptop turns off and turns on automatically when I sign in ? Extension is brilliant. Thanks so much for that.
- (2020-05-13, v:3.10.9) Chris o: Weather
I followed instructions, I cannot renable location services and have tried everything for hours.
- (2020-05-07, v:3.10.9) Alistair Dixon: Can't get weather info
Hi there, Really lovely extension - I've been looking for a decent screensaver for my Chromebox for a long time. I obviously must have dismissed the location permission request and I can't get it to come back despite following the instructions in the 'help' section. Is there another way?
- (2020-05-06, v:3.10.9) Tina Coffman: I downloaded the photo saver but I can't choose google photos as source
Hello, I was glad to find that your extension was going to provide me the ability to choose Google Photos as the source for the screensaver but when I go to choose source I do not have Google photos in the list of options. Any ideas what I need to do. Many thanks.
- (2020-05-06, v:3.10.9) ENTER Group NL: Refresh album contents
I run the screensaver on a remote screen. When change the contents of a google photos album it would be good if it refreshes the photos so changes are seen without the need to refresh it manually.
- (2020-05-06, v:3.10.9) Steve Gerlach: Works perfectly full screen within Chrome... but on a normal Mac desktop it's only half the screen
Hi, love this app. Thanks for it. Works perfect if I have a full screen chrome window open, it takes over at the right time and fills the whole screen, but when I am on my mac desktop screen, it opens and fills two-thirds of the screen but I can't get it to automatically open to the full screen! Can this be an option, please? As the photos don't display correctly in this truncated form. Thanks :)
- (2020-05-04, v:3.10.9) Ian and Mina Johnson: Internet disconnected error
I'm trying to set up the plugin but am getting an "Internet Disconnected" error. I've tried authorizing the app to use my google photos account but to no avail. My machine is connected to the internet. Any guesses? "Failed to retrieve list of Google Photo albums Internet disconnected"
- (2020-05-02, v:3.10.9) Benoni Jiang: mac screensaver cant in fullscreen
mac screensaver cant in fullscreen
- (2020-04-11, v:3.10.9) Cute babies: Photo Limit
My google photo album has 9000+ photos. The screensaver seems to be only showing the latest 2000. Can this issue be addressed? When will there be support for google albums owned by others but are shared to me?
- (2020-04-09, v:3.10.9) Brad Bush: Stopped working....
All of a sudden today (Apr 9, 2020) getting "No photos" when the app launches. Remind me how to fix this, please.
- (2020-04-09, v:3.10.9) Alister Morris: time delays
Would it be possible to increase the time delays. For some reason when I am using the Dell inspiron, the pictures change every 5 min and I get a blank screen, but when I press the mouse button, I see a different Google picture. I thought that it would only work when the pc was in hibernate or sleep mode
- (2020-04-03, v:3.10.9) Eric R: No photos error
Constantly I am getting a blank screen with "No Photos" written on it. If I click the mouse then photos will show. The only source I have setup is Google Photos. Why am I getting this error? Is there a way to increase the number of google photos albums I can display? I am at that max as well. Thanks!
- (2020-03-31, v:3.10.9) Michael Gryga: How do I download my screen saver photos. They are not saved in my google photo account. I want to print them.t.
How do I download my screen saver photos. They are not saved in my google photo account. I want to print them.t.
- (2020-03-12, v:3.10.9) Scott Farnsworth: On MacBook Air, am getting menu bar and window top bar when SS is on. Mac mini? Not. Huh?
Wow, what a great extension. Am so happy I found it. Will be writing a glowing review soon. My issue is... I started playing with this on my MacBook Air. Found it was pretty much what I was looking for ("Turn an old, unused Mac mini and a monitor into a digital picture frame"). Works PERFECTLY on the Mac mini. All I get is the picture (and time, source, etc. if I want them). But on the MacBook Air I'm ALSO getting the window bar at the top, that says "Photo Screen Saver Screensaver Page", and above that, the Chrome browser main menu (Apple, File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, etc. etc.). And it's the desktop, meaning any files or folders on my desktop are over (obscuring) the screen saver image. I'd like the experience I'm getting on the Mac mini on the MacBook Air. Possible? Am I being stupid? Thanks again for a great app. Scott
- (2020-03-04, v:3.10.9) Debbie Misbach: Lockscreen?
I need the screensaver to have a lock screen option. I couldn't find a way to do this. Am I missing something?